Thread: Area levels

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Hmmm guess I neglected to add: inb4 "herpaderpa WoW has a few loading screens therefore it's not seamless"

Not sure why I even bother.
    Do u know any1 atm in WoW , that have the motivation to use his ground mount and scout once again the land ?
    We could have more world pvp , if we had ppl like u :P
    U just accept locks-guild-istance summons , city portals , area portals (Vashj'ir for example) , join the que for TB-bg-arena , mage portal , LFR+LFD

+ there a chance u will have ppl like Athene that abuse and gather 1-2k 1 lvl human ppl and shut down the western kindom for 1-2 hours , simply by jumpng :P
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-17 at 08:33 PM.

Hmmm guess I neglected to add: inb4 "herpaderpa WoW has a few loading screens therefore it's not seamless"

So by that notion, it tells me you understand that GW2 has as much content/appeal per sectioned off area as each continent or section in WoW that's divided by a loading screen. I'm glad we understand each other

Y'all are the ones nit-picking at seamless vs. persistent. By that logic, WoW can't be seamless even if it had just 1 loading screen that didn't involve a dungeon/raid. Not perfectly consistent everywhere? Not seamless.

Pew pew.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-17 at 08:29 PM.

GW2 not being seamless is imo the solution to:
    -Have overflow on a per zone basis rather than server queues
    -Not ruin the experience by having a limit per zone (you can't have a limit without separating the zones)

Now with the way you travel in gw2, on foot and with portals I don't really see cons to that. If we had flying mounts that would be weird.

Well... is it seamless? No.

Does it FEEL seamless? Yes.

Wait, isn't WoW switching to instancing for outdoor zones? Aren't they making it so that players from multiple servers play in the same zone based off of player population?

10+ Year Old Account

Uh. Well, dunno what to tell ya, but it's not seamless, between continents, let alone between expansions. O_o
    Just because GW2's seams are between zones does not mean it's instanced, however. The amount of loading screens gets frustrating, especially when I'm so used to WoW having entire seamless continents, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

No point to having said "inb4" since your post actually came after it was said!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-18 at 02:33 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I just don't see how WoW is any better.

There's really no impact on actual gameplay by having no load screen between zones. In WoW you will end up waiting way more to actually do and get where you want than in Guild Wars 2.

It's nice to have no load screens and that annoyed me at first when playing GW2, but having thought about it, I couldn't care less now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    I just don't see how WoW is any better.

There's really no impact on actual gameplay by having no load screen between zones. In WoW you will end up waiting way more to actually do and get where you want than in Guild Wars 2.

It's nice to have no load screens and that annoyed me at first when playing GW2, but having thought about it, I couldn't care less now.
    It's not a big deal, it's just one of those things that aren't good, and would be nice to get rid of. This is one of the very few times I feel comfortable using the phrase, "It breaks immersion." And the only reason I say that is because it literally chops up your game experience, forcing you to sit there staring until you can get to the actual game.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-18 at 05:23 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's not a big deal, it's just one of those things that aren't good, and would be nice to get rid of. This is one of the very few times I feel comfortable using the phrase, "It breaks immersion." And the only reason I say that is because it literally chops up your game experience, forcing you to sit there staring until you can get to the actual game.
    I really think this is needed, just think about all the chainevents that are happening in a zone. When you stand on a boarder of a zone faced to the zone next to the one you're in you would be able to see other events happening. The foresight in GW2 is huge as we know. All of this would have to be loaded. Zones are huge too. I don't think this is possible without the portals between the zones.

Think about it, in other games you sit on a autopilot flying mount and wait until you're there. This could take a long time. Now we have Asuran waypoint technology which takes us to the place we want in seconds. (So it's even explained in the lore). Makes it much easier to meet with people without wasting half of your playtime flying on a skytaxi.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Except from looking at the map which tells you what lvl the diffrent areas are, no not rly, and thats a nice thing, had enough of hand holding from previews games tyvm. oh yea forgot, hearts actually tells you what lvls they are made for..kinda, you can easily do them even if you´re not the lvl it reads on the heart.
    I was able to do hearts 2 levels above me fairly often. When I hit level 19 and tried to do a 21 I got roflstomped to say the least. Mobs seem to get tougher after 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinetiks View Post
    I was able to do hearts 2 levels above me fairly often. When I hit level 19 and tried to do a 21 I got roflstomped to say the least. Mobs seem to get tougher after 20.
    Harder, but it's still doable for the most part if they heart is just 1-3 lvls above you, i could kill things up to 5 lvls above me, then theres a skill the mobs have, a crushing blow of some sort just that will hurt you a LOT because they are 5 lvls or more above you

Since you guys are talking about levels and killing stuff about higher levels, that makes me remind of a certain cave in Kessex Hills. I was level 20, everything inside was level 20. Still, I couldn't get past a mob there because my gear was too low level. My highest piece was 19, and I think all the other pieces were level 15.

After I upgraded my whole gear set to new level 20 green stuff it was so much easier. Gear makes a huge difference in this game while you are leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skill matters way more than gear though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's honestly not that bad. Yes, WoW has the least amount of loading screens per zone. Aion, Warhammer, and SWToR all have loading screens between zones (I'm sure many more MMOs that I haven't played do this as well). I'd say ToR is probably the worst of them. Pointless Orbital Stations ftl. It isn't the same as the GW1 instancing for each character per zone. That's what really matters. You get to play with others in a persistent world. It's just not a completely seamless world.