View Poll Results: Did I activate the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan?

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • Hell yea, you the man!

3 17.65%
  • gtfo noob

10 58.82%
  • come at me brah

4 23.53%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Bench Press your own body-weight

Hi, I made this movie just now.
    Just adding in, the reason I'm using one hand is because normal bench press with your own weight is easy. Anyone can achieve it in under a month in the gym. And the reason I'm using a bar is because my gym's dumbells only go up to 40kg which is like 5 sets of 30 on chest press

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYSueKwp4g
    Last edited by mmoc8179b789b6; 2012-08-16 at 10:55 PM.

I think it looks stupidly dangerous and you can do safer exercises to increase your health.

Other than that, good job if it makes you feel good to do it.

well you can achieve the same thing with a dumbbell. Also when you tear your rotator cuff within a few years or some other ligement within a few years don't cry to anyone about it.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYSueKwp4g

edited video a little, once again thanks for watching and I appreciate it's a dangerous exercise my gym needs bigger dumbells lol

You're jacked dude lol

Single arm barbell press?

Gona snap your shit up....just go do dumb-bell press and stop trying to be a hero. You were so close to snapping your shit up.

Hoping this was a troll video because that is the most stupid thing Ive ever seen anyone do in a gym and ive seen tons of stupid shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    Single arm barbell press?

Gona snap your shit up....just go do dumb-bell press and stop trying to be a hero. You were so close to snapping your shit up.

Hoping this was a troll video because that is the most stupid thing Ive ever seen anyone do in a gym and ive seen tons of stupid shit.
    our dumbells only go up to 40kg... had to think of something to progress lol. wtb 80kg dumbells

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51x4lVyXGBL.jpg

sick lift, but she is probably really light, like 40kg too... he needs bigger women and I need bigger dumbells
    Last edited by mmoc8179b789b6; 2012-08-16 at 12:57 PM.

One handed db press is easier than two handed because you get to use your entire body for one arm and rotate your body to a more mechanically advantaged angle. Kinda similar to how a one handed pushup is easier than doing a pushup with someone your weight laying on your back. Meaning, I highly doubt you could press two 80 kg dbs. Honestly, just do a regular bench press. This is about as impressive as watching someone jump off a 20 foot building and not hurting himself. Yeah, great, you did it. On the other hand all of us think you are fucking retarded.

Grats but, that's insanely unsafe, lol going to snap your neck or something...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    One handed db press is easier than two handed because you get to use your entire body for one arm and rotate your body to a more mechanically advantaged angle. Kinda similar to how a one handed pushup is easier than doing a pushup with someone your weight laying on your back. Meaning, I highly doubt you could press two 80 kg dbs. Honestly, just do a regular bench press. This is about as impressive as watching someone jump off a 20 foot building and not hurting himself. Yeah, great, you did it. On the other hand all of us think you are fucking retarded.
    thanks I never knew that, thanks for informing me that 2 handed lifts are easier than 1 hand. I'll make sure to stick to the basics from now on. I probably could press two 80kg dbs though because I bench 180kg brah. Also I've jumped off a 20 foot bridge, check my other video ''suicide pullups''

The power of evolution is not strong in this one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    ...This is about as impressive as watching someone jump off a 20 foot building and not hurting himself. Yeah, great, you did it. On the other hand all of us think you are fucking retarded.
    Thank you for making me lol today.

"Requires maximum body control" as your left leg shoots off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by demondream View Post
    thanks I never knew that, thanks for informing me that 2 handed lifts are easier than 1 hand. I'll make sure to stick to the basics from now on. I probably could press two 80kg dbs though because I bench 180kg brah. Also I've jumped off a 20 foot bridge, check my other video ''suicide pullups''
    ... brah? Seriously? Can you be less of a meat head please. You misread my post. But in any event...

DB bench pressing is much different than BB bench pressing for max. BB bench pressing allows you to use a power stance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PtttLnaNJV...owerLifter.jpg. This stance reduces the range you must go, puts you at a far better mechanically advantaged angle, and reduces the need of stabilizer muscles significantly. You simply cannot use a power stance like this with two dbs. The result is that people who bench press, say, 600 lbs struggle with 200 lb db presses. It is simply a different exercise.

Deleted
    Let's keep troll to a minimum level. The thread is about bench pressing your own body weight... with 1 hand Since normal bench of your own weight is way too easy. If you want to use dumbells then do it, or use the bar. More lifting and less talk k? Also to Projali, my leg ''shoots off the ground'' because the weight is pretty much as heavy as me and it's enough to shake your entire body. I'd like to see someone pick up their own body with one hand and keep full stability. Post a vid response when you done it k?

Also Jbh, do you even lift? You're no one to lecture me, I bench 180kg at 80kg, that's something you will never do in a life-time. Rather than telling me what's harder or easier just click my vid and check it out. Not interested in knowing if a dumbell is harder than a barbell or if one hand is easier than two. I do both. What do you do btw?

I guess I should of been prepared for these kinda responses, even though it's a sports forum, it's still mmo-champ... Baggers gonna bag.
    Last edited by mmoc8179b789b6; 2012-08-16 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demondream View Post
    Let's keep troll to a minimum level. The thread is about bench pressing your own body weight... with 1 hand Since normal bench of your own weight is way too easy. If you want to use dumbells then do it, or use the bar. More lifting and less talk k? Also to Projali, my leg ''shoots off the ground'' because the weight is pretty much as heavy as me and it's enough to shake your entire body. I'd like to see someone pick up their own body with one hand and keep full stability. Post a vid response when you done it k?

Also Jbh, do you even lift? You're no one to lecture me, I bench 180kg at 80kg, that's something you will never do in a life-time. Rather than telling me what's harder or easier just click my vid and check it out. Not interested in knowing if a dumbell is harder than a barbell or if one hand is easier than two. I do both. What do you do btw?

I guess I should of been prepared for these kinda responses, even though it's a sports forum, it's still mmo-champ... Baggers gonna bag.
    Are you serious? Are you the one guy at some housewife-gym feeling superb because he is able to lift more than all the girls at the gym?

Not to be offending: It is an amazing work to be able to lift your own weight (or your own weight -10) .. But the WAY you are doing it is just incredible stupid .. at least ask someone to secure you.. Nobody said that it is easy to do, what you did .. but the way you do it is criticized hard.

And even if you think you are invulnerable, think of all the 14-15-16-year old.. or older guys with the brain of that age, that try the same ..

btw instead of insulting ppl with "you will never lift that much" in a computergame-forum go for a real challenge .. there are competitions for semi-professionalls and if there is non: Just arrange one yourself - Everybody is looking for appreciation, but a mmo-forum is really the wrong place for that purpose.

(And no, i am not able to lift as much as you, i even can't walk without two crutches)

Deleted
    Hi Orex, I did place warnings on the description to not attempt it and if you ever want to even try something similar to at least start with the bar. I'm aware it's dangerous. So I did take others into consideration but I appreciate you saying so too.

I suppose it's the wrong place to be posting even if it's a sports related forum. I won't bother responding any further. I wish you a swift recovery with your injury! Take care.
    Last edited by mmoc8179b789b6; 2012-08-16 at 11:57 PM.

I call bullshit on 400lb max on bench. Also 1 hand is harder then two always because you have to counter balance your body and engage your transverse adomanals and your obliques to help with stabilization.

Why don't you get a small metal bar thats threaded and use a cap and put Olympic weights instead of using a long bench press.

Being such off balanced with a large bar and 1h will cause rotator cuff damage for sure.

If that guy in the video is you, then I would like to slap you for being stupid, why risk injury? You may well be big and strong but that 1 arm bench press is going to go wrong one day, there are better and safer ways to train. You know some silly kid could watch your video and try that himself and snap/tear/pull all his shit up.

As for me, I weigh about 82kg there or abouts... these days I could probably not bench that with 2 arms let alone 1 arm.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-08-17 at 02:42 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you make an account just so you can link that video? This thread makes no sense; what you video taped yourself doing is incredibly dangerous and stupid. You're barely even strong enough to do it. Enjoy your injury.