Guild wars PvP levelling?

Hey,

I have read the mass info for the unitiated thread, however I could not find the following:

I know you can level through PvP, more specifically through WvWvW. I also just bought GW2 and played on the last few stress tests. Unfortunately I missed the beta weekends... My question is if you can actually level through PvP in any other environment than WvWvW. More specfically the "battlegrounds" (sPvP). I tried this during the stress test but the only way I found to join sPvP was by going to the heart of mists, getting automatically boosted to 80 with all skills available immediately and getting no exp for my character.
    Is there a way to join sPvP based on your level (for example lvl 10-19 brackets and so on?) and gain exp?. WvWvW is amazing, but when not many people are online, I would like to level through sPvP if this is possible (and I found I can't really do to much if you are with 2-3 ppl in WvWvW).

At the moment I have the impression that your "PvP character" and "PvE character" are completely independent of each other? (except for WvWvW)

You can not gain levels in sPvP. When you enter the Mists, you're effectively a different character.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-16 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Structured PvP will take place with the character that you get boosted with while in the Heart of the Mists (PvP lobby). Think of the mists as the lobby that connects to every PvP game. Your exp is replaced with Glory, a currency you earn by objectives and kills in sPvP which can be redeemed for rewards based on your PvP rank (which is increased by accumulating Glory similarly to EXP).

You cannot level in sPvP; you can only increase your Glory rank, which is the progression for PvP similar to how Levels are the progression for PvE.
    Last edited by Sentinel; 2012-08-16 at 09:33 AM.

Can you use a gear you acquired in PvE for sPvP? Is it possible, at the very least, to transmog sPvP gear with PvE items from your bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    Can you use a gear you acquired in PvE for sPvP? Is it possible, at the very least, to transmog sPvP gear with PvE items from your bags?
    All the gear you can get in sPvP you can get in PvE. I don't know if transmog is possible between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    All the gear you can get in sPvP you can get in PvE. I don't know if transmog is possible between the two.
    I am asking the opposite: PvE acquired gear in sPvP.

Thanks for the info!