Switch Alchemy for Herbing for faster lvl or not?

Hi Guys/Girls,

I'm strugling with the following question: Switch Alchemy to Herbalism and back in MoP for faster leveling or not? I would drop Alchemy now, start lvl'n Herbalism to 525 and gather all the mats for relvl'n Alchemy in MoP.

I'm only talking about my main char here since I do have a herbalist on one of my alts. Seeing the XP bonus gathering profs get, would it be worth switching for faster leveling?
    I wouldn't sell the herbs gathered during switch or leveling just to use em again for leveling Alchemy again.
    Keep in mind since it is my main raiding char, I don't see me lvl'n my alts in the first two weeks of MoP as I will be occupied gathering dungeon gear on my main.

This is a serious question and it's been on my mind for a couple of weeks now. I just would like to hear some input of other folks with advice or maybe the same question on mind.

Cheers

Well to be quite honest I thought about levelling 80-85 by levelling gathering professions and Archeology as well after my 3rd alt. However, I was told that it was practically quicker to quest. However, I don't know how much XP you get from gathering herbs in MoP.

You also have to remember competition will be at an all time high for the first few weeks of the expansion. A lot of casuals and farmers will be out there and you will be competing against them all for each spawn point. It makes it even worse if you are on a PVP realm.

I would definitely wouldn't consider it a viable option if you plan on raiding. Especially since you could probably earn quite a bit of rep with each faction doing quests in each zone. I was revered I think by the time I was done with the Mount Hyjal quests.

I am not saying it can't be done; sure it can be done. But its more pain taking. I rather experience the quests.

Also I forgot to mention farming before level 90 will not be as efficient as it is currently, since you will only have access to a ground mount with no flying till level 90. Considering this, it definitely isn't efficient or even considerable to level simply by farming. Imagine how long it would take you to move from spawn point to another and you ain't even guaranteed the spawn, if you have other people farming.

Personally I would do it. You have over a month to prepare. Even though you won't be able to fly, neither will any of the 85-89s. So you will be able to herb while you quest, being on equal footing with everyone else.

Thx both for the input!
    I think I will do it. I can stock up the mats to get me to 525 again and we'll see what follows after MoP.
    again, thanks!

Deleted
    I wouldnt do it as I think changing professions should be a last resort. Im currently leveling a dual gatherer to replace my existing one. Really all a bit dull. gathering is way slower than questing, but soemtimes qyesting can be very dull.

Deleted
    Considering there won't be that much herbs/nodes around when a gazillion people start questing in the new areas, the XP bonus will probably not be noticable at all. Gathering mats prices are always high at the start of an expansion, meaning everyone will herb/mine anything asap.
    On top of that, the XP doesn't come for free, you have to travel to the nodes and herb them, time you could have also spent questing. Also, if you would only herb the flower you happen to run into, chances are you will quickly run into herbs you can't mine because your herbing skill is too low.
    Now you're planning to drop Alch for it and at 90 you want to drop Herb, en re-level Alch.. Even though you can stockpile the mats, I would say this is totally not worth it.

Unless you want to do as much as possible to level as quickly as possible..

Not worth it. If you want to level *that* quickly herbing isn't gonna do it for you, especially considering there is going to be a lot of competition for said herbs.

That being said, alchemy is the easiest profession to level, I did 1-525 in two hours with barely any mats on me ahead of time on one of my alts recently. Keep in mind though you lose any recipes you had if that matters to you (including discoveries) and you'd have to redo your specialization of course.