Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ...
2
42
50
51
52
53
54
62
... LastLast
  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    The only thing I don't understand is why the monk got into the fight in the first place. Doesn't seem like any kind of mentality would make someone do that. Wouldn't he just sit back and watch the fight? Why was he like "Oh! New races I've never seen before, better get into a fight with them!"?
    I addressed this a few pages back, see that post (Page 43) for more understanding.
    Last edited by Vallius; 2012-08-16 at 05:49 PM.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    The only thing I don't understand is why the monk got into the fight in the first place. Doesn't seem like any kind of mentality would make someone do that. Wouldn't he just sit back and watch the fight? Why was he like "Oh! New races I've never seen before, better get into a fight with them!"?
    Because they brought violence to the monk's home, duh. :P

    Their ships were going ballistic on each other all night, and the survivors ended up breaking things which were probably sacred while engaged in full-on 'to the death' combat. That's a good couple of reasons to step in, IMO.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2012-08-16 at 05:49 PM.

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    I never mentioned Kung-Fu Panda, I can't care less about. I are referring much more in general to a way of writing the screenplay, designing the scenes, writing the script for kids.

    Anyway, I provided arguments and you just insulted me. I wonder who is the troll here. Anyway, I get it, I am saying something you don't want to hear, so you just insult the person who is saying it. Good luck for your future, because you'll find plenty of people who say things you don't like to hear, and you won't always be in the position of insulting them without arguments as you are doing here.

    In any case, if this is the kind of reply of the supporters of this stuff, I am more than happy. Go on, you are just proving me more and more right. Bye bye.

    Uh-oh, I should've turned on my 'over-sensitive poster who doesn't understand opinions' option.
    Oh wait.
    I don't have one.
    I mentioned the Kung Fu Panda because that is one of the ONLY things that people keep bringing up that's 'bad' about it. When you say 'Disney', what exactly would be childish? Mulan? I guess Huns killing everybody is pretty childish.
    I didn't insult you, buddy, you took everything I said as an insult.
    You just don't want to listen to what I have to say, because it's what you don't want to hear.
    "Bye bye." (Though I'm sure you're refreshing at an alarming rate.)

  4. #1024
    The Patient Leaftwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    -snip-
    And you base this rant on the cinematic? Please..

    There are still dark aspects in Mists of Pandaria, anyone who has done some quests on the beta can tell you this.

    I'm not convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It's good to know that the time of personal responsibility is over and that regardless of what I agree too, it is always someone else's fault if the contract I signed and didn't read is different than the expectation I made up in my head.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

  5. #1025
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    I bet you're great fun at parties.

    Spoiler alert: LUL KUNG FU PANDA NERRHURHURRR =/= Valid/sound reasons.
    Also, Kung Fu Panda is Dreamworks. Not disney. At least get your trolling material right.
    Also, deal with the fact that people are sick of you lawn-shitters that do nothing but want a Grim-dark game. Blizzard has humor, lots of it actually, and just because we don't have fuckin' elves getting impaled on spikes and.. pterodactyls flyin' everywhere.. shittin' spike bombs and.. and ants.. ANTS EVERYWHERE..

    Anyways, if you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't shit on everyone else when we ALSO have sound opinions (IE: not NUERRHRHRHH PANDALAND) as to why we like it, and that it isn't 'kiddy'.
    You are precisely the type of person who the OP was talking about when they said "trashing the 'haters'". He didn't shit on anybody in his post, and you give an insulting retort that is insulting to the OP and meant to beat him down so that he is encouraged to refrain from posting his opinion (which he has done in a very civil manner). All he is asking that the people who you call "lawn-shitters" (after asking the OP not to shit on anyone else, immediately after you've insulted him/her) are simply exercising their right to express their distaste in the same way that you are able to express your joy. He's not trolling you by saying these things.

  6. #1026
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    The only thing I don't understand is why the monk got into the fight in the first place. Doesn't seem like any kind of mentality would make someone do that. Wouldn't he just sit back and watch the fight? Why was he like "Oh! New races I've never seen before, better get into a fight with them!"?
    I think the pandaren in the cinematic is Chen. And I'm pretty sure he attacked them because he wanted them to work together. ( He has first hand experience with Horde and Alliance working together..)

  7. #1027
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    Example:
    I fucking hate olives because they taste disgusting.
    Does that mean olives are bad? No. I just don't like them.
    But I don't run around going NO
    NO
    OLIVES ARE BAD
    YOU SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW THEY'RE DISGUSTING FRUITS OF SATAN.
    Or the following:
    I didn't care for the salad, there were olives in it and I don't like them. I imagine the salad would have tasted a bit better for me if there weren't any olives in it.
    Not
    This salad is utter garbage because you put olives in it. This entire restaurant is shit and I am never coming back here!

  8. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because they brought violence to the monk's home, duh. :P
    Sorry, this expansion is not about the pandarian fighting the horde / alliance that invade their home. The Cinematic implied that we would be fighting the pandarian, not playing the pandarian and fighting the opposing faction.

  9. #1029
    Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    The only thing I don't understand is why the monk got into the fight in the first place. Doesn't seem like any kind of mentality would make someone do that. Wouldn't he just sit back and watch the fight? Why was he like "Oh! New races I've never seen before, better get into a fight with them!"?
    probably to stop them from summoning a sha. obviously they were fighting out of hate and anger. if the pandaren didnt stop the fight they probably wouldve summoned a sha and that wouldve been alot worse then two lone races with homemade spears
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  10. #1030
    Quote Originally Posted by kizee94 View Post
    You are precisely the type of person who the OP was talking about when they said "trashing the 'haters'". He didn't shit on anybody in his post, and you give an insulting retort that is insulting to the OP and meant to beat him down so that he is encouraged to refrain from posting his opinion (which he has done in a very civil manner). All he is asking that the people who you call "lawn-shitters" (after asking the OP not to shit on anyone else, immediately after you've insulted him/her) are simply exercising their right to express their distaste in the same way that you are able to express your joy. He's not trolling you by saying these things.
    "You still like it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are fed up of this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enraged about a game they used to be different, a game they liked immensely and played a lot. The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now they have clearly left behind the first part in favour of the second. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye."

    "I'm entitled because I played longer than you, so we are going to sit here and bitch about why we hate something that we shouldn't even really care about, if we don't like it."

    People REALLY need to learn how to not take things as direct attacks, hawly shiet.
    After seeing the amounts of people that just keep spouting the same; KUNG FU PANDA, CHILD SHIT, NOPE. And refusing to listen to reason, don't you think you'd be a little irritated too? Granted, I was probably too harsh on him, and I appologize, but I'm really gettin' tired of the Disney/Dreamworks bullshit.
    Last edited by Cammancy; 2012-08-16 at 05:52 PM.

  11. #1031
    Didn't like it, but it doesn't matter if i liked it or not anyway because:
    -this cinematic doesn't solve the super low population problem of Shattered Halls.
    -they still don't offer FCM and ask for 20 euros per char.

    Nevertheless, my wow cinematics list is now:
    1-Classic
    2-Wotlk
    3-BC
    4-Mop
    5-Cataclysm
    Last edited by juggerneat; 2012-08-16 at 05:51 PM.
    Juggerneat - Shattered Halls (EU) (not active since Dec 2011)

  12. #1032
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    I think the pandaren in the cinematic is Chen. And I'm pretty sure he attacked them because he wanted them to work together. ( He has first hand experience with Horde and Alliance working together..)
    Aye that is evident when he got a smirk on his face when the human gave the orc a weapon. The whole point of Chen fighting was to break up the fight, even then Chen never used anything that would be remotely lethal. Just wore both of them down far enough that they could see what was really around them and stop the childish bickering between them.

  13. #1033
    Bloodsail Admiral Leowyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Raccooniverse
    Posts
    1,184
    Sorry, this expansion is not about the pandarian fighting the horde / alliance that invade their home. The Cinematic implied that we would be fighting the pandarian, not playing the pandarian and fighting the opposing faction.
    Actually, we won't be playing Pandarians. The Pandaren we play are not from Pandaria, they are from the Wandering Isle.

  14. #1034
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    Example:
    I fucking hate olives because they taste disgusting.
    Does that mean olives are bad? No. I just don't like them.
    But I don't run around going NO
    NO
    OLIVES ARE BAD
    YOU SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW THEY'RE DISGUSTING FRUITS OF SATAN.
    excuse you, but the valid point being made is that of illidan, lich king and deathwing, hell even nefarian. And then some peaceful disney pandas that we cant tell that like war or peace? Do you see some sort of pattern here? thats the point people are amazed at. hell id be all for pandaria and its powerful enemies if it were portrayed in that menacing (protaganist) manner... however this expansion is based on a different angle to all the last content that came before it..

    you sir need to stop defending what you dont understand.
    Last edited by Bluxwave; 2012-08-16 at 05:54 PM.

  15. #1035
    Overall an excellent cinematic. Love the orc - human battle...love the landscape, the graphics are top notch and I really like the new work done on the WoW logo. The 3D effect is a small change. Also, gotta love the music used. Really sets the tone well.

  16. #1036
    Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    Actually, we won't be playing Pandarians. The Pandaren we play are not from Pandaria, they are from the Wandering Isle.
    And yet we arent fighting pandarians of either kind.

  17. #1037
    This trailer is just showing us how the balance of PVP Monk VS anything is going to feel for the next couple of years lol. Looks great though just a little too playful for my blood

  18. #1038
    Field Marshal Scabb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Nagrand
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    As many others said, it's a childish video for a childish expansion. It's a matter of fact, really. Now, don't even jump on this, because it's useless. The style, the plot, the characters: it's all clearly very Disney-inspired. And that's technically very good: Disney is a succesful company, very professional, makes great products. For kids. Most adults can also enjoy them as well from time to time, sure, that's fine, go for it. But don't deny what's evident and stop trashing those who say how things are.

    The only more humorous thing here is that someone is actually trying to argue that the video is so metaphorical and deep that someone isn't understanding it. Now, next time come and tell us that we don't get Winny the Pooh because there's a huge metaphor we are missing... Listen, we perfectly know that they are trying to depict the conflict between Horde and Alliance, etc. We know it, ok? It's just that such a conflict at this point is depicted in such a comedy tone and with such a childish visual language that we just can't care less about it anymore, is it clear now? You cannot just say that a movie is about war to make it interesting to everyone who is into war-fiction. There are movies about war for kids and there are movies about war for adults. This was clearly like a movie for kids. That's it.

    You still like it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are fed up of this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enraged about a game they used to be different, a game they liked immensely and played a lot. The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now they have clearly left behind the first part in favour of the second. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.
    Extremely well put.

    It is what it is and opinions are just opinions, all of precisely equal value depending on your standpoint, there is no room for right or wrong in the equation.

    Speaking personally I am still going to buy MoP and play the game to see if I still continue to like it despite the obvious shift in demographic, hopefully there will still be enough in it to keep me playing for yet another expac. If there isn't then that's fine too, everything must come to an end and for me being a player in a Disney/Pixar Dreamworks inspired theme park (if that's the way the game indeed does go) holds no attraction whatsoever.

  19. #1039
    Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    I still dont understand why it had a pandarian beating up/trying to stop the fight. It was great until that point.

    Whats the message, that we will be fighting pandarian? Sorry pandas, you joined the alliance/horde, and you fight for them. On your own land.

    This expansion was about total war horde v alliance, and that war crashing over the pandarian continent, and the first half of this showed that well, the second half? It was entirely counter to what this expansion is about.
    Not really.

    The expansion is about the conflict between the Alliance and the Horde. The Pandaren got unwittingly dragged into it when those ships destroyed each other and the Humans and Orcs ended up in Pandaria.

    The Pandaren are trying to find their place in amongst all of this and bring balance to it - teaching the Alliance and Horde in the process to set aside their differences and teach them the ways of their culture. Some join the Alliance, some join the Horde - but throughout the land of Pandaria there's plent of Pandaren who do not join either and really could not give two hoots about who is right and wrong only that you stop defiling their land and that if they weren't so blinded by their hatred for one another they would see the beauty in the world around them that they are destroying with their factional warfare. This is what's illustrated in the cinematic - as well as the potential gawping at the resources that might be hidden in Pandaria.

    Ultimately this all comes to fruition when the necessity for a unified assault on Garrosh arises - we'll see what happens after that. Will Varian pull another Battle of the Undercity stunt? Will temporary alliances be ditched in favour of murder in cold blood? We shall see.

  20. #1040
    Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    And yet we arent fighting pandarians of either kind.
    Have you not done Shado-Pan Monastery on beta?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •