Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    It's not though, it's about the consequences caused by the senseless and aimless conflict between the Horde and Alliance. The trailer actually captures the story of what I've seen on the beta perfectly. During the Horde intro to Pandaria, we open fire on an Alliance ship...just because we saw an Alliance ship. What happens? Both Horde and Alliance get effed over and nearly die. Why do they fight? Then you have the Pandaren who are thrown into all this. They don't want to fight, hell, when you get to the end of the Jade Forest quest line, their unwillingness to fight leads to the destruction of the Jade Serpent and countless deaths. What is worth fighting for? Seriously, play the game a bit, everything makes much more sense if you actually pay attention.
    And herein lies the problem for me... I expected the expansion to be about all-out war between the factions... stupid, senseless, devastating and splitting the Pandas into factions - but epic. And the trailer sells me something completely different…

And since I haven’t played the beta (those that have would not decide on a trailer/review/friends advice whatever, they would decide on their in-game experience) I have to rely on a trailer, reviews, forum posts and friends to decide… and I find it harder and harder to put my $ into Pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    I think you are forgetting that WOW is allowed for kids down to 12 year olds. And Blizzard lost alot of faith with their long term players in Cata. Best to start over again and hold hands with new kids rather than keep the older ones happy.

Only thing is... parents don't like to pay sub fees... so F2P and GW2 will probably take most of the market away from WOW.
    Considering it's harder to make older people happy? Maybe that's the best choice. (╯°□°)╯
    I'll admit, I almost quit in Cata until I dropped the grumpy old lady glasses, and felt happy with the game.
    (Disclaimer: GW2 is still fantastic, and I will be playing both of those games) (Also, not all kids are shitheads.. back in wotlk, one of our guilds best healers was 8.)

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    You are right that is the mentality of the human and orc up until the end of the cinematic. Chen comes along and shows them that going down that road will just lead to their ruin. Heck it even hints at there being a mutual understanding (not necessarily liking) between the two factions later on in the expansion. I am just puzzled on why people can't 'read between the lines' in the cinematic instead of looking at it blindly.

Also you can take it as a personal insult if you wish. I honestly don't care.
    Because the entire expansion is based on them fighting, and that fighting getting worse.

I guess you cant have it both ways, you cant reply to "care bear" people with "its total war", AND be able to say that by the end of the expansion the pandas have taught us all to get along.

Personally, no one knows how the last content patch will end up, or what will happen after the siege of org, but my guess is that the ally/horde war will continue.

Which would mean that the trailer is wrong. The trailer shows intent, not reality. There isnt even any foreshadowing that the pandarian might fail in stopping the horde / ally fight.

I mean, if at the end the camera pulled back to show thousands of individual fights between the survivors in the jungle, then yeah, it would have sent the right message, that the pandas are fighting a losing battle in trying to stop the destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Not saying it wasn't great but i was kinda hoping on seeing the Skyfire attack some Horde ships or something or shooting eachother , and a glimpse of the Theramore thing and the summ up of ''New things'' in the expansion at the end of the trailer.

Visually stunning but in terms of trailer content im still mixxed.
    This, user's of the MMO-Champion forums, is what we call constructive criticism. This is how a person voices their complaint about the video in a positive way.

+1 internet to you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    My gooooooooood some of you take WoW WAY too seriously.
    Funny, because the old cinematics were awesome, even for people that "take WoW WAY too seriously".

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    You can determine all you want, it's going to be your opinion, nothing more.
    Well, SW:TOR failed. That isnt "nothing more" than an opinion, that's fact.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Not saying it wasn't great but i was kinda hoping on seeing the Skyfire attack some Horde ships or something or shooting eachother , and a glimpse of the Theramore thing and the summ up of ''New things'' in the expansion at the end of the trailer.

Visually stunning but in terms of trailer content im still mixxed.
    I completely agree. The trailer could have been improved quite a bit by simply shortening the "walking around the forest" scene and a bit of the fight. Then, when Chen asks what's worth fighting for, flash to Theramore destroyed, maybe some burning tauren/troll village, a fight between Skyfire and whatever. It adds a sense of conflict and destruction to the last few seconds that would balance out the humorous, and in my opinion cheesy, moments before this.

Deleted
    Really enjoyed the video, think blizzard done well with this one

Aaaaaaand next to the Diablo franchise, the Warcraft franschise is now also offially dead to me. Two down, just one more to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    People who call this childish, are problably very young too, Im 37 and this is very much what Blizz gave us in Orcs vs Humans, they fail to understand that, Warcraft universe its full of humor since day one.

The references to kung Fu Panda, I wont even bother to comment, but I leave a hint, please go play WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    Funny, because the old cinematics were awesome, even for people that "take WoW WAY too seriously".

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:29 PM ----------

Well, SW:TOR failed. That isnt "nothing more" than an opinion, that's fact.
    SW:TOR failed because of rushed programming, and just bad everything. They rushed to try and be a 'WoW' killer, not because some random guy on the internet used his professional ~game examining~ skills and said: "This game will fail." That's like me saying 'Your hair will grow.' and then once your hair grows, me saying I'm a fortune/future see-er.

two 85 warriors got beaten by a 90 monk

Quote Originally Posted by LazerCats View Post
    I completely agree. The trailer could have been improved quite a bit by simply shortening the "walking around the forest" scene and a bit of the fight. Then, when Chen asks what's worth fighting for, flash to Theramore destroyed, maybe some burning tauren/troll village, a fight between Skyfire and whatever. It adds a sense of conflict and destruction to the last few seconds that would balance out the humorous, and in my opinion cheesy, moments before this.
    Exactly. The trailer was a story, and that story ended with the pandarian taking care of the threat, the ally/horde not fighting, and everything being peaceful, which is not ANYTHING like the expansion.

I didn't love the trailer, but I didn't hate it either. I spent cata away from WoW and will prolly dabble in MoP. Not their best trailer (BC is still my favorite) but not horrible either. Nice work blizz, the element of humor was appreciated.

Warcraft has always been about War true, but a lesser remembered thing that held true even in Warcraft 2 was that it also dealt with humor. This struck a perfect balance which I really liked. If this is what the expansion is about, I think it will be one of the best ones. Remember, most of us have been since Warcraft 3 wanting to go make Arthas pay. THAT is the reason Wrath was so well recieved. It was a continuation of a story from Warcraft 3 and it was a VERY amazing expansion.

Deathwing? Well.. he was around but we players never bonded to him as we did Arthas in his rise and fall. Illidan could of been better treated, but for all we know he may not be dead. Did we loot his head? Nope. Malfurion says he's dead, but he said the same about Azshara.

Moving on now to the trailer.. Best part was the Monk taking the hammer and "repairing" then straightening it. I look forward to MoP in a way I was not thrilled with Cataclysm and find myself really looking forward to it.

It felt like this Cinematic was less tied to the gritty drama of Warcraft 3 and more akin to Warcraft 1-2. Personally? I dont dislike this. I find myself grinning and rubbing my hands like a kid at Christmas.
    Last edited by LichslayerX; 2012-08-16 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemoon View Post
    I really wonder what would happen if Tauren had been the new race.
    "Lol cow people, how can anyone take this game serious anymore I quit!"
    Don't forget that this is a European setting fantasy. "Look at Blizzard trying to appeal to native Americans!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    By the time you have experienced about half of the quests in Pandaria, I hope you have abandoned your naive notion that the Pandaren are some race of cavemen that have never experienced war or acts of cruelty in their past.
    But I won't experience it, as the trailer failed in coaxing me into parting my $$$. I might very well change my mind with a free trial... meanwhile, I'll throw my money at something else.

Quote Originally Posted by fs161200 View Post
    Well. A trailer is supposed to sell... I hope it did it for many - it just didn't for me. The wow i like is not the wow I see in the trailer. So no $ to buy and no $ from me to Blizz... I'll save those $ for something that DO catch my fancy...
    If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the "wow that you like" because what I saw was Action, adventure, comedy and awesome, all of which are very prominent in World of Warcraft and all of those things lead up to Fun, which is what this game is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    SW:TOR failed because of rushed programming, and just bad everything. They rushed to try and be a 'WoW' killer, not because some random guy on the internet used his professional ~game examining~ skills and said: "This game will fail." That's like me saying 'Your hair will grow.' and then once your hair grows, me saying I'm a fortune/future see-er.
    It failed to dethrone WoW, but it is still the 2nd most played MMO and has nearly a million subs. I still enjoy and play SWTOR and so do many others, it does many things right but needs abit more fluff and mini games. Anyhow, let's save that debate for another thread plz and just talk about the WoW cinematic. I'd give the cinematic a 6.5/10. Not awful, but certainly not their best.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was ok. was hoping for more action.
    Hi

A hearty belly laugh at those that think a trailer needs to or must show every class, race and everything to do with an expansion. World of Warcraft has always carried and balanced a light hearted nature and humor with more serious overtones. If you don't like it then don't play. These trailers are not made individually for you so if you don;t like it fine but get a damn grip people Jesus.