Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsynd View Post
    "Hey guys, lets make this cinematic where it shows every aspect of this new expansion, but let's leave out the most important aspect of it!
    The "most important aspect" of MoP are Old Gods and the Sha. The conflict on MoP between the Horde and the Alliance are a direct result of that. The schism between the Pandaren is because of that. The addition of monks to each of the factions is because of that. To utterly ignore it, not even allude to it in the slightest in the cinematic is pretty silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    The quality is good, the animations are really good but.. I've seen the Kung fu panda movies and it's very similar, both in the fighting and the humor. I didn't like the trailer that much, no. Doesn't matter much though, since I'm going to continue playing.

I don't have any great expectations about this expansion like I had with TBC, the trailer didn't get me more excited either so in my eyes it's a step in the wrong direction. But, going to continue to play until I get bored with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    i can't but agree with you...i mean really, what are they trying to prove by calling mop a child's game? that video games aren't eventually meant for kids and for those who want to have fun and instead should be another serious job? people nowadays...
    Because obviously if you're having fun with a game, you're nothing but a filthy casual, and you're not hardcore like us! Because Hardcore players are the ONLY mature players, and OUR opinion should only matter and if we quit and make a stink, you should too!

Deleted
    Good animations??? Ofc...it was the least we could expect from a multi million dollar company...
    85% of the trailer with a fight involving a panda a orc and a human? nothing new but ok....
    Music? 3/10
    Voices? 2/10

Overhall it was bad, Like i said the animations were good, but all of the aspects combined not so great..
    This resumes all
    Did it inspire you to play? hum..not rly
    Did previous tarilers give goose pumps? Yes
    Did MOP trailer give you goose pumps? Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    "Omfg, purple dragons with little dangly arms?
    I got the other things, but what is this referencing?

Deleted
    It did very little for me. I'm looking forward to MOP, I am 100% going to main a panda monk and never understood the panda backlash, but I really would not have cared if they had not even bothered with a cinematic for the expansion. As people have said; thematically it hit all the right buttons - but I like these short cinematics to be bombastic - aesthetically visceral - like a great piece of rock music, to serve to pump me up for the launch. This was not that. Was it bad? No. But my feeling towards it is total apathy. I think they would have benefited from a montage like vanilla or TBC for this one. Given the period of time they have to make these cinematics, I feel like they chose this mini cliched story route so that they only had to design three models. But maybe that's just being cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    can anyone shrink this picture to signature size? :S
    here u go, croped

Last edited by swallowtail; 2012-08-16 at 05:20 PM.

Because obviously if you're having fun with a game, you're nothing but a filthy casual, and you're not hardcore like us! Because Hardcore players are the ONLY mature players, and OUR opinion should only matter and if we quit and make a stink, you should too!
    you sound like you're 12 years old

Quote Originally Posted by kizee94 View Post
    I got the other things, but what is this referencing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Erm, the Cataclysm trailer wasn't that good. It was cliche to say the least, especially the whole "hurr durr I am Deathwing I come to kill all" bullshit. Unlike the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic, it felt empty and just boring since we already knew all there was to the whole Cataclysm... thing. This trailer on the other hand clearly wants to bring back the old school, "human vs. orc" theme with a pinch of kung fu pandaren awesome. Way better trailer than Cataclysm at any rate (though far from the best - Vanila ftw)
    umm... this trailer did the same exact thing as the cataclysm trailer did. It told you how it started.

Going back to the cata trailer, it explained how the world got F*d in the ass. You only say that because you already knew about cata from coming here, so the trailer had nothing new; I'm so sorry MMOCHAMP spoiled it for you back then.

Wrath trailer did nothing for the expansion as an intro except for reintroducing the LK after his long absence since WC3:FT. I personally miss the racial/class display seen in the vanilla and TBC trailers. Cata's intro comes in a close second for me because it explains everything. MoP's explains a little, and Wrath explains nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by connectz View Post
    you sound like you're 12 years old
    Uh-oh, maybe I should've put my /sarcasm on. Whoops, I guess sarcasm is harder to deliver in text than it looks.
    PS: I'm 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    not bad , not great either

I though that this expansion was about horde vs alliance, not pandarian vs both.

Deleted
    Very mediocre cinematic.

Wrath was a piece of poetry. Shows war without showing war.
    Well lads, i guess this kind of tells us exactly what the overall feeling is... or does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    umm... this trailer did the same exact thing as the cataclysm trailer did. It told you how it started.

Going back to the cata trailer, it explained how the world got F*d in the ass. You only say that because you already knew about cata from coming here, so the trailer had nothing new; I'm so sorry MMOCHAMP spoiled it for you back then.

Wrath trailer did nothing for the expansion as an intro except for reintroducing the LK after his long absence since WC3:FT. I personally miss the racial/class display seen in the vanilla and TBC trailers. Cata's intro comes in a close second for me because it explains everything. MoP's explains a little, and Wrath explains nothing at all.
    I dunno, I thought the Wrath cinematic got the good idea of: The Lich King is back, and he's ready with an army to fuck your shit up.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Their cinematics department is un-rivaled I always love their work. The trailer itself was quite good but I would of preferred if the Sha were involved some way, maybe a bit extra land in the movie too could of put the sha influence there even. Other than that I liked it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    That cinematic was really awesome!

It actually kind of reminded me of Pirates of the Carribbean. But don't ask me how.
    probably because of the beginning and the whole tropical feel of the environment, because it reminded me of PotC as well loved it nonetheless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Erm, the Cataclysm trailer wasn't that good. It was cliche to say the least, especially the whole "hurr durr I am Deathwing I come to kill all" bullshit. Unlike the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic, it felt empty and just boring since we already knew all there was to the whole Cataclysm... thing. This trailer on the other hand clearly wants to bring back the old school, "human vs. orc" theme with a pinch of kung fu pandaren awesome. Way better trailer than Cataclysm at any rate (though far from the best - Vanila ftw)
    Hehe, I'm with you on the whole "big bad dragon angry! big bad dragon wreaks all!"
    So uninteresting.
    Though I still thinks Wotlk cinematic was the best, not Vanilla. Just hearing that voice gives me the chills.

*Picture of the purple Protodrake*
    I mean, those are bad-ass despite their lack of arms, but it's not like they were one of the centerpieces driving an entire expansion.
    Last edited by kizee94; 2012-08-16 at 05:23 PM.

I would like to point out that none of the other cinematics have had humor in them, this had it two different times. And what was the message? If i knew nothing about MOP, i would have assumed that the pandas were the enemy of the expansion, that the horde and alliance had to cooperate to beat them.

3/10