Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
61
... LastLast
  1. #1001
    the only problem i have with the cinematic is that it suffered from the same problem that WOTLK cinematic had, it was just 1 looooooooong scene, and to me was boring in comparison to vanilla, TBC and Cata cinematics (before you say that cata was the same, those plates being put on deathwing and the flight around the whole of azeroth couldn't have happened in the 3 mins you see in the cinematic, more like over the course of the elemental invasion back in WOTLK).

    However, i did like fight that transpired in the cinematic (especially the comical look from both horde and alliance members) and gave a more sense of fortelling, Horde and alliance fighting tooth and nail against each other, and then combined strengths against a common enemy (if that doesn't prophesis going against Garrosh, i dont know what will....)

  2. #1002
    Bloodsail Admiral Leowyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Raccooniverse
    Posts
    1,184
    You still hate it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are happy with this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enthusiastic about a game they used to be different (and has since improved), a game they liked immensely and played a lot (and still do). The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now that is still clearly true with elements like the Sha, the Mogu, and Garrosh becoming corrupt. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the fanboys". We are not "the fanboys", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly happy, we are providing sound reasons to be happy and we are thus entitled to say that we are happy with this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.

    My version. Equally valid.
    Last edited by Leowyld; 2012-08-16 at 05:40 PM.

  3. #1003
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stowmind Keep and Ogrimmar
    Posts
    359
    To all the people that say it's "childish" because of the comedy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5Xs...feature=relmfu
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

    Praise The Sun!

  4. #1004
    Loved the trailer! Though it makes Pandaran seem like a new third faction (which would have been amazing). Loved it though! I think 2 pandas, one joining the Orc and one the human, would have been great.

  5. #1005
    I loved that cinematic, I love pandaren, I loved seeing pandaren beat up non-pandaren, awesome cinematic.

  6. #1006
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    As many others said, it's a childish video for a childish expansion. It's a matter of fact, really. Now, don't even jump on this, because it's useless. The style, the plot, the characters: it's all clearly very Disney-inspired. And that's technically very good: Disney is a succesful company, very professional, makes great products. For kids. Most adults can also enjoy them as well from time to time, sure, that's fine, go for it. But don't deny what's evident and stop trashing those who say how things are.

    The only more humorous thing here is that someone is actually trying to argue that the video is so metaphorical and deep that someone isn't understanding it. Now, next time come and tell us that we don't get Winny the Pooh because there's a huge metaphor we are missing... Listen, we perfectly know that they are trying to depict the conflict between Horde and Alliance, etc. We know it, ok? It's just that such a conflict at this point is depicted in such a comedy tone and with such a childish visual language that we just can't care less about it anymore, is it clear now? You cannot just say that a movie is about war to make it interesting to everyone who is into war-fiction. There are movies about war for kids and there are movies about war for adults. This was clearly like a movie for kids. That's it.

    You still like it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are fed up of this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enraged about a game they used to be different, a game they liked immensely and played a lot. The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now they have clearly left behind the first part in favour of the second. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.
    pretty sure most disney movies dont start out with people trying to kill eachother... ive played wow since vanilla and ive been waiting for the pandaren since vanilla, pandaren have been the most asked for race since wow came out, this cinematic is awesome and badass and funny, everything wow is and always has been a mix of gritty and lightheartedness.

    it showed off everything this expac is about, a dark total war, the pandaren trying to stop it by trying to be the wedge inbetween the factions, the essence of the pandaren has a badass yet playful and trickster race, and the land of pandaria itself, a land of peace and harmony that is held by a tenuous balance that is about to be broken by them bringing their war to it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #1007
    Awesome indeed. You can definitely see that they've upped the model quality for every successive cinematic. Unfortunately I found the initial fight too lengthy, plus Orcs and Humans are the most boring races in the game, I would love to have seen Worgen, Blood Elves or even some of the new monsters (and female Pandaren).

    Guess they wanted to focus on the classical clash between the factions...

  8. #1008
    Great CGI like always.But the cinematic itself doesnt say much.Its too positive as well.

  9. #1009
    childish because of the comedy? LOL, i`m pretty sure i`ve watched a stupid amount of asian films where there was comedy in them. I guess i`m a stupid little immature kid because I liked kung-fu hustle too, right? the trailer was great.

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    dont you think theres a valid reason for that

    also your complaining too
    That there is a valid reason to complain about anything? No there really isn't. If the cinematic doesn't fit to the complainers specific ideal on what it will be they will complain. Is that a valid reason? No. If they acknowledged the good and bad and admit that they wanted something different then their complaint is valid. I know today's school system is sucking in America these days (heck it sucked a decade ago when I was there) but there is a difference between a pointless "<x> sucks" and "<x> was bad because I didn't like <y> but <z> fit in there rather nicely". That difference is one of them is constructive criticism and the other is useless rot that doesn't improve squat.

  11. #1011
    I loved it. I liked when the Human hands the Orc the spear and how cool the Pandaren was! Makes me excited to make my own Pandaren.

  12. #1012
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    That there is a valid reason to complain about anything? No there really isn't. If the cinematic doesn't fit to the complainers specific ideal on what it will be they will complain. Is that a valid reason? No. If they acknowledged the good and bad and admit that they wanted something different then their complaint is valid. I know today's school system is sucking in America these days (heck it sucked a decade ago when I was there) but there is a difference between a pointless "<x> sucks" and "<x> was bad because I didn't like <y> but <z> fit in there rather nicely". That difference is one of them is constructive criticism and the other is useless rot that doesn't improve squat.
    Example:
    I fucking hate olives because they taste disgusting.
    Does that mean olives are bad? No. I just don't like them.
    But I don't run around going NO
    NO
    OLIVES ARE BAD
    YOU SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW THEY'RE DISGUSTING FRUITS OF SATAN.
    Last edited by Cammancy; 2012-08-16 at 05:44 PM.

  13. #1013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    I bet you're great fun at parties.

    Spoiler alert: LUL KUNG FU PANDA NERRHURHURRR =/= Valid/sound reasons.
    Also, Kung Fu Panda is Dreamworks. Not disney. At least get your trolling material right.
    Also, deal with the fact that people are sick of you lawn-shitters that do nothing but want a Grim-dark game. Blizzard has humor, lots of it actually, and just because we don't have fuckin' elves getting impaled on spikes and.. pterodactyls flyin' everywhere.. shittin' spike bombs and.. and ants.. ANTS EVERYWHERE..

    Anyways, if you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't shit on everyone else when we ALSO have sound opinions (IE: not NUERRHRHRHH PANDALAND) as to why we like it, and that it isn't 'kiddy'.
    I never mentioned Kung-Fu Panda, I can't care less about. I are referring much more in general to a way of writing the screenplay, designing the scenes, writing the script for kids.

    Anyway, I provided arguments and you just insulted me. I wonder who is the troll here. Anyway, I get it, I am saying something you don't want to hear, so you just insult the person who is saying it. Good luck for your future, because you'll find plenty of people who say things you don't like to hear, and you won't always be in the position of insulting them without arguments as you are doing here.

    In any case, if this is the kind of reply of the supporters of this stuff, I am more than happy. Go on, you are just proving me more and more right. Bye bye.

  14. #1014
    I can't help but think that years turned the wow community to shit.

    It's just so ridiculous to read some of the coments in here, seriously...

  15. #1015
    @Merp, has WoW really ever been done in a gritty tone though? In my opinion, no. I keep failing to see what is more childish about this than other expansions. And all I come down to, is that people must somehow feel pandamen are more childish than cowmen, birdmen, or any of the others.

    That said anyone is free to like or dislike the cinematic, the above is more regarding the expansion as a whole. It just feels like people are dead set to 'prove' that it is more childish than the rest of wow might be (if you use that term.)

  16. #1016
    Stood in the Fire Woa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your moms dumpster.
    Posts
    452
    The only thing I don't understand is why the monk got into the fight in the first place. Doesn't seem like any kind of mentality would make someone do that. Wouldn't he just sit back and watch the fight? Why was he like "Oh! New races I've never seen before, better get into a fight with them!"?

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    Example:
    I fucking hate olives because they taste disgusting.
    Does that mean olives are bad? No. I just don't like them.
    But I don't run around going NO
    NO
    OLIVES ARE BAD
    YOU SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW THEY'RE DISGUSTING FRUITS OF SATAN.
    More upvotes for you, sir/madame!
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

  18. #1018
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    . But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.
    Want some cheese with that whine?

    I've played WoW since day one (technically longer if you count beta) and I freaking loved the cinematic, and I loved just about everything I saw in beta. So chances are, I've played longer than a great many of the people whining about it.

    It must be a sad existence, being unable to enjoy anything that doesn't erupt in blood or guts or have machine guns in it. Everything doesn't have to be The Dark Knight levels of grim to be fun, or to be awesome. Ever heard of Super Mario Galaxy/SMG2? Those games have an exponentially more 'childish' aesthetic than ANYTHING in that trailer and yet... millions upon millions of people bought and loved both. I know grown men - men with MMA-levels of training in things like Krav Maga or Tae quan do - who were brought to tears by Toy Story 3.

    Also there is the built-in stupidity of saying how HARDCORE AND DARK WoW was back in vanilla, when it had WALKING COWS and GNOMES and JAMAICAN TROLLS. Yeah! Fu** you, pandas - GNOMES AND BIPEDAL COWS R SO MUCH LESS CHILDISH. Seriously? Is it even possible to be that stupid?

    There was nothing comedic about that fight until the Pandaren showed up, and even then it was to serve the point that the human and orc were outclassed. If you and another guy are fighting, and someone jumps in that just hands both of you your asses, of COURSE you're going to try and gang up on him. Any other response is idiotic.

  19. #1019
    I still dont understand why it had a pandarian beating up/trying to stop the fight. It was great until that point.

    Whats the message, that we will be fighting pandarian? Sorry pandas, you joined the alliance/horde, and you fight for them. On your own land.

    This expansion was about total war horde v alliance, and that war crashing over the pandarian continent, and the first half of this showed that well, the second half? It was entirely counter to what this expansion is about.

  20. #1020
    Stood in the Fire Woa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your moms dumpster.
    Posts
    452
    Or I guess he just wanted to bring them peace and stop them from fighting each other sooo....where does the whole horde vs alliance in this exp come from. That was just...weird. Still, loved it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •