Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I didn't get the voice over... Aren't those two questions the exact same thing? He even said himself: Why do we fight? To protect homes... so... What is worth fighting for? Homes, obviously... Unless I'm missing some intricacy, this makes the whole trailer amazingly pointless and stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    What doesn't make sense is that the guy was using a SWORD to sharpen a piece of wood, why didn't he just use his sword to fight??? O _ o
    Spear has longer range and it's a known fact that two-weapons>>>>>one.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    That would make sense if you stop watching right after Chen joined the fight. By the end the orc and human were on the ground, completely exausted. If the cinematic was implying that the pandaren were going to be the enemy he would have finished them off at that point. Instead Chen lifted the fog that was around the area, revealing the village. He then picked up his keg with the staff. How does that imply pandaren hostility towards the horde and alliance?
    If someone beat you up, but didnt kill you, then walked back to this village with hundreds of others like him, what would you do as a soldier? Say "all is forgiven" and walk away, or go back, get better weapons and more people so next time you could win the fight?

I mean, the expansion is about the war that consumes the continent, not about the pandarian that try to stop it from happening. Unsuccessfully I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    What doesn't make sense is that the guy was using a SWORD to sharpen a piece of wood, why didn't he just use his sword to fight??? O _ o
    LOL I was thinking the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    THIS. WAS. AWESOME. AND. FUNNY.

To all that disllike this... Go crawl back to your caves. I want this! Finally some humour. Action + homour = Awesomeness. This is a 1000 time better than the crappy Cataclysm trailer, Deathwing flying arround and spouting som fire...

Mists of Pandaria as an expansion is going to be superior to Cataclysm but won't beat the feel that TBC or Wrath had, but is better than Vanilla. Finally something different... had it enough with "BigBadGuysYouHaveToBeat". FINALLY I feel this itch I had, when playing WoW in Vanilla for the first time. Nice!

this... was... epic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    The only thing I don't understand is why the monk got into the fight in the first place. Doesn't seem like any kind of mentality would make someone do that. Wouldn't he just sit back and watch the fight? Why was he like "Oh! New races I've never seen before, better get into a fight with them!"?
    They had to. Or Pandas would look meh and Pandas are the main seller. Would be like having James Bond seeing a damsel in distress and turn back to his martini, pay his bill and go home to sleep...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretusker View Post
    I didn't get the voice over... Aren't those two questions the exact same thing? He even said himself: Why do we fight? To protect homes... so... What is worth fighting for? Homes, obviously... Unless I'm missing some intricacy, this makes the whole trailer amazingly pointless and stupid.
    Everyone fights to protect something, but not everything is worth fighting for. I'd gladly fight to protect someone's free speech, but I won't fight for their right to spew racist and bigoted drivel.
    BfA Beta Time

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavica View Post
    LOL I was thinking the same thing

He dual wielded, and actually cut the monk's hat with his sword
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought his sword was broken? thats why he made the spear, and then he had like a tip less kinda sword, also orc and human trade best thing lol , and when Chen fixed the hammer statue thingy

Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    If someone beat you up, but didnt kill you, then walked back to this village with hundreds of others like him, what would you do as a soldier? Say "all is forgiven" and walk away, or go back, get better weapons and more people so next time you could win the fight?

I mean, the expansion is about the war that consumes the continent, not about the pandarian that try to stop it from happening. Unsuccessfully I might add.
    I would question on why he didn't kill me. I know talking is such a hard concept but if he really wanted to hurt me he would have. The simple truth is he stopped the fight between me and my enemy. That right there would cause some alarms to be raised in my head.

Something like that would be lost to you though. What with not being able to think about something more than "KILL, BLOOD, DEATH!"

Quote Originally Posted by kizee94 View Post
    But you don't have to agree with why people post what they do, even if it comes off as irritating. Let alone the fact that you can't assume that the OP's reasons for "bitching" are as simple as you seem to think they are. Lots of people grew attached to the game as it used to be before Cata, Wrath, or whatever expansion it might be for them. What makes losing it so painful for many is that unlike other games where you can replay it, you can only hope that the next expansion of WoW retains all the things that you like in the previous one, otherwise you'll lose it forever. People who loved BC for its raiding were disappointed with Wrath because the ideology changed drastically. The same goes for people who preferred 40mans in classic and they will never experience something like they did then again. Where you are right now personally, presumably enjoying the game, is great and I hope you make the most of it. But in two, say, four years in the future when things aren't like they were "back in the day", you might feel just as disenfranchised as anybody.
    You know, I'm going to tell you a story here. I really loved pre-cata Azeroth. There was nothing quite like running around on my Frostwolf, feeling that sense of adventure. What happened when Cata came out? I was crushed. Absolutely destroyed. After playing for a while, I got over it. I miss those days, yeah, but I'm not going to retain the mentality that, 'well, cata was shit, so the next expansions are probably going to be dumb and shitty'. I just look fondly on those memories, but I don't dwell on them. I move on, and look forward to newer things; To change.

I think people really need to just take a step back, breathe, and wait until they actually get a chance to play through the expansion themselves. Even if the Cinematic looks 'kiddy', or 'childlike', that does NOT represent the actual game inside. (Confirmed; It doesn't.) If you fill 'disenfranchised', then you really might want to just take a break from a game in general. Example: I think Skyward Sword is a shitty ass game. Am I going to abandon the whole LoZ franchise because of it? Of course not, I just look and hope that Nintendo just makes something better. It's the same way I look at Blizzard's stuff.

People just like to look at things now with a pooey vision, because that's what everybody else does, or people they associate with do, before actually giving the game itsself a chance. I'm just saying, if you look at everything like 'Oh noo, this expansion is going to suck,' or 'Oh noo, this expansion is so childish, full of children..ugh.', that's ALL you're going to find in there. It's like the whole, 'if you go into this thinking your'e going to have a bad time, you're going to have a bad time.'

Now then, let us all be friends and mutually agree that more Sha would have been nicer. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Quote Originally Posted by fs161200 View Post
    They had to. Or Pandas would look meh and Pandas are the main seller. Would be like having James Bond seeing a damsel in distress and turn back to his martini, pay his bill and go home to sleep...
    See, I guess that is the real issue. Blizz thinks that pandas are the main seller, but that is a hard sell for some non trivial part of the playerbase.

The main seller was supposed to be an all out war between ally and horde, and the cinematic had that war being cut short.

The trailer should have been the other way around, show the pandas first, then show the war, and have the pandas look on in confusion and fear that their world is about to be rocked. Because it is. THIS is the expansion, not a successful stop to the fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    excuse you, but the valid point being made is that of illidan, lich king and deathwing, hell even nefarian. And then some peaceful disney pandas that we cant tell that like war or peace? Do you see some sort of pattern here? thats the point people are amazed at. hell id be all for pandaria and its powerful enemies if it were portrayed in that menacing (protaganist) manner... however this expansion is based on a different angle to all the last content that came before it..

you sir need to stop defending what you dont understand.
    That may have been the most ironic thing I've ever read.

Deleted
    Well. A trailer is supposed to sell... I hope it did it for many - it just didn't for me. The wow i like is not the wow I see in the trailer. So no $ to buy and no $ from me to Blizz... I'll save those $ for something that DO catch my fancy...

In my opinion, the cinematic was fantastic. It conveyed the way Pandaren are towards most encounters and it also showed that this expansion is focused on something other than a big bad. This expansion's focus is the Pandaren people and the introduction into our more well known Azerothian society. They're peacekeepers, but only to an extent. What will drive them to go to war? What kind of challenges will there be for these people? Will these challenges unite Azeroth or simply bring the Pandaren to be disgusted by our behavior?
    The cinematic gives way to innumerable possibilities, the likes of which I think will develop nicely throughout the expansion. People forget that there's lore in content patches, which will greatly expand on the questions we may have as well as give us some insight as to what kind of evil the Pandaren will actually fight against. Hell, we may see some interesting events unfold to change the minds of those who refer to this expansion as "Kung-fu Panda".
    Final though: World of Warcraft is a constantly developing story, just as any other massive universe is. This expansion isn't focused on "Hey, there's _______, lets kill everything to get to them!" the expansion is focused on a race of people and their development. To those that say Pandaren shouldn't have been included I ask this: Why? Is it because you've seen some stupid children's movie about a Panda? Does every new race have to be what you think it to be? Every expansion with new races, people complain excessively. "SPACE GOATS OH NO" "Mana-junkie Elves" "I can't play a worgen because they're for furries." etc.
    Get over yourselves. Watch the game and the WoW universe expand with the new possibilities of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    I would question on why he didn't kill me. I know talking is such a hard concept but if he really wanted to hurt me he would have. The simple truth is he stopped the fight between me and my enemy. That right there would cause some alarms to be raised in my head.

Something like that would be lost to you though. What with not being able to think about something more than "KILL, BLOOD, DEATH!"
    Are you insulting me personally? Because thinking "KILL, BLOOD, DEATH!" is exactly what both races were doing in the cinematic, and is exactly what this expansion is about, the all out war between the horde and alliance.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    I think people really need to just take a step back, breathe, and wait until they actually get a chance to play through the expansion themselves. Even if the Cinematic looks 'kiddy', or 'childlike', that does NOT represent the actual game inside.
    Yes, we "get" this. This thread is about whether we liked the cinematic or not, not whether we like the expansion. Some people ... gasp ... might be excited about the expansion, yet dissipation in the cinematic because, like you said, it isnt really representative of the game.
    Last edited by anothdae; 2012-08-16 at 06:12 PM.

Is it just me or are they the Orc and Human from the cover picture of warcraft 2:Tides of Darkness???

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    Are you insulting me personally? Because thinking "KILL, BLOOD, DEATH!" is exactly what both races were doing in the cinematic, and is exactly what this expansion is about, the all out war between the horde and alliance.
    It's not though, it's about the consequences caused by the senseless and aimless conflict between the Horde and Alliance. The trailer actually captures the story of what I've seen on the beta perfectly. During the Horde intro to Pandaria, we open fire on an Alliance ship...just because we saw an Alliance ship. What happens? Both Horde and Alliance get effed over and nearly die. Why do they fight? Then you have the Pandaren who are thrown into all this. They don't want to fight, hell, when you get to the end of the Jade Forest quest line, their unwillingness to fight leads to the destruction of the Jade Serpent and countless deaths. What is worth fighting for? Seriously, play the game a bit, everything makes much more sense if you actually pay attention.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I loved that cinematic, I love pandaren, I loved seeing pandaren beat up non-pandaren, awesome cinematic.
    I personally loved the trailer. It felt like a nice cinema tv spot. People will be upset because there was a panda in the cinematic for Mists of PANDAria but oh well; live and let idiocy live. Amazing graphics as usual. My second favorite to WOTLK and an immense improvement over the CATA cinematic( I liked it, but just not as much as others).

In other news, the warrior community cries out again about their class being gimped in PVP in the advent of their recent 2v1 encounter with a Monk.