Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    idk about all the haters, but for me...this cinematic is 10/10. i mean it's awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    That was pretty awesome.

Deleted
    Showed my mom , she thought it looked cool even though she havent a clue about wow :P

10+ Year Old Account
    and here people thought panda's were fluffy,cuddly,harmless,childish....after this cinematic..you best run when you see panda! lol

It gets better the more times I watch even. Heck, Chen's "lesson" is actually pretty awesome when you think about it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dragon171 View Post
    and here people thought panda's were fluffy,cuddly,harmless,childish....after this cinematic..you best run when you see panda! lol
    The "haters" and "complainers" and "whiners" should from now on be known as Sha.

Deleted
    the start was pretty cool i personally think the pandas fight scene was a tad too comical and just strengthened the kung fu panda stereotype.

and one last really REALLY annoying point why did he use his machete/shortsword to make a crude wooden spear then put his sword away? i literally couldnt belive it i really really couldnt belive it, i had to go back and make sure he sharpened it with a blade and not a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    the start was pretty cool i personally think the pandas fight scene was a tad too comical and just strengthened the kung fu panda stereotype.

and one last really REALLY annoying point why did he use his machete/shortsword to make a crude wooden spear then put his sword away? i literally couldnt belive it i really really couldnt belive it, i had to go back and make sure he sharpened it with a blade and not a rock.
    Spear gives a better reach than a knife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by varstjasol View Post
    Spear gives a better reach than a knife.
    it was hardly a knife it was HUGE and if thats the case he would have given the orc the "knife" and kept the wooden spear...

Deleted
    A big knife in a humans hands would be a small one for an orc. Its like a Gnomes sword, give that to a Tauren and they would call it a dagger. Its all a matter of perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The plumber View Post
    Why won't you fucking people get it? Pandaren is a race made before WoW, back in WarCraft III! Why are you idiots still arguing?!
    ^ This, just look up Pandaren on WoW Wiki and you'll see Pandaren have been in this game since Warcraft III. And they even mentioned that the Burning Crusade Expansion was going to have pandas, but they backed out on this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    No. What this does show is that when faced with an immediate threat, Humans and Orcs can fight against a common enemy. It sets an undertone for the end of the expansion, and provides an allure to a new enigmatic foe, or in this case Pandaren. This type of setting is a direct undertone to the arrival of the Burning Legion, where Human and Orc will have to ally to fight off a greater foe. Who better to bring about this tentative allegiance, but an ally that has ties to both the Horde and Alliance?
    This as well. In Wrath of the Lich King, Horde and Alliance fought together at the Wrath Gate. It is possible for both to fight together and coexist peacefully, the Pandaren are the peacekeepers.
    Last edited by Yumisara; 2012-08-16 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    also on top of that i went back again its his main weapon sheated on his left side being right handed as all wow characters are that makes it his mainhand weapon or in terms of knights in the real world it would also be his mainhand weapon as he would draw with the right hand... it doesnt make sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical Blizzard level of awesome. Not disappointed!

Deleted
    I'm just saddened by this cinematic. Earlier I was very much in anger, but I've calmed down now to realise my main feeling on what is wrong with this video. The MoP cinematic doesn't even feel like WoW. I feel like I'm watching a cinematic for Tf2. The animation, the exaggerated design on both the orc and the human. All of the things in WoW's lore feels like it couldn't even exist in the MoP cinematic universe. All of your opinions aside: Think of the Draenei or the Blood elf from the TBC cinematic and compare it with the Orc or the human from the MoP cinematic. It's not the same world. All of the other reasons aside, that is my biggest gripe and it saddens me to no end. It's almost as if Blizzard are making fun of themselves with this.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-16 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post

Some one in the youtube comments mentioned that its most likely dull from use, and the bamboo spear was sharped to surpass it's sharpness. I can't say if thats credible or not, but I know a lot of work and especially research goes into making these films. Many animators take plane flights around the world to see how trees sway in the wind, and how sunlight looks when it hits a valley. So I'm sure theres some logic behind that.

My heart kind of beat faster when they did the silly expression thing because I know that isn't helping the stereotype and I could imagine all the angry comments. But some one mentioned earlier that the cinematic really showed all the finest points of WoW. A huge open landscape, combat, war, with a little humor layered here and there for a second or two. And thats 100% true.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-08-16 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I'm just saddened by this cinematic. Earlier I was very much in anger, but I've calmed down now to realise my main feeling on what is wrong with this video. The MoP cinematic doesn't even feel like WoW. I feel like I'm watching a cinematic for Tf2. The animation, the exaggerated design on both the orc and the human. All of the things in WoW's lore feels like it couldn't even exist in the MoP cinematic universe. All of your opinions aside: Think of the Draenei or the Blood elf from the TBC cinematic and compare it with the Orc or the human from the MoP cinematic. It's not the same world. All of the other reasons aside, that is my biggest gripe and it saddens me to no end. It's almost as if Blizzard are making fun of themselves with this.
    I got the opposite impression. I actually found this aesthetic was a better fit with the WarCraft we all enjoyed back in WC3. Actually the humans still was not bulky enough to fit into that setting but much closer then the ones we saw in the vanilla or BC cinematics, which felt like they were attempting to go overly real in some cases.

It's not hard to grasp, WoW is designed to be an exaggerated aesthetic.

kind disapointed..
    so pandas supose to be better than humans and orcs??
    like 1 panda manage to fight with 1 human and 1 orc..... tsc..

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:02 PM ----------

nice video but didnt like the content lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    I got the opposite impression. I actually found this aesthetic was a better fit with the WarCraft we all enjoyed back in WC3. Actually the humans still was not bulky enough to fit into that setting but much closer then the ones we saw in the vanilla or BC cinematics, which felt like they were attempting to go overly real in some cases.

It's not hard to grasp, WoW is designed to be an exaggerated aesthetic.
    The Orc has the same build in the vanilla cinematic as the orcs do in WoW right now. The orc in the MoP cinematic is taller and thinner with exaggerated joints and a weird rib cage shape that I remember but can't be bothered to look up.

By the way, cinematic's are supposed to look real.

On another note. I love how the end message was that the Alliance and the Horde should stop fighting. Nice one Blizzard, that really shows us that this expansion is all about war. :/
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-16 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can someone dislike that video is beyond me ,no matter from whatever game you come from or play. I mean really? How amazing was the detail the combat ,how can someone dislike that rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by xkungx View Post
    kind disapointed..
    so pandas supose to be better than humans and orcs??
    like 1 panda manage to fight with 1 human and 1 orc..... tsc..

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:02 PM ----------

nice video but didnt like the content lol
    It's two worn out random human and orc with horrible weapons, and broken clothes, in a strange place. That panda is Chen Stormshout, one of the more powerful pandarens.