View Poll Results: Did you like the cinematic?

Voters
2480. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1,987 80.12%
  • No

    493 19.88%
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
53
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,424
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    It was ok at least, but to me it missed the dark side of Pandaria completely (the Sha), after this trailer and it's ending it seems like Pandaria is just another happy-happy-fun-fun-land.

    It would have been amusing if a Sha had appeared from the dark void and started to devour that Pandarean village on the background.

    The part where Chen stops the orc and human fighting to see the beauty before them is symbolic. Have a Sha erupt in the back ground would have ruined it imo, it would feel cheap.

  2. #842
    Mechagnome Requiemcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    It seems people aren't getting that even with the underlying theme and message of the trailer, the comedic parts were still cheese. I have no problems with the Panda in the trailer, I have no problems with the way the Human and Orc fought or the fact that they banded together for a short while, the problem inherently lies in the presentation of the shift of tone that happened in the middle of the video.

    The way the Human gave his weapon to the Orc and the expressions they wore while it happened wasn't Blizzard (cinematic wise) and neither was the way the hammer-like object was placed back by Chen. While both of these scenes (or maybe one of them) brought a slight chuckle out of me, it was still out of character. Overall, the cinematic quality of the video was astonishing and I still find the video to be great but with Blizzard trying to assure us at Blizzcon that this wasn't any sort of Kung Fu panda cop out (tonally), I don't think this cinematic helped sway the non-believers.

    P.S. I still think MoP will be good and don't think, story wise, that the game is going to shift that way. I'm specifically commenting on the video.
    Good way to sum it up personally...I think thats generally how I felt, it wasn't a bad cutscene, but...as said, people who don't like it won't be singing a different tune.

  3. #843
    I loved it... And then the god damn panda came in and made it all comedic. I like the cinematic to be serious, like WotLK with the speech, or the classic BC with Illidian being a badass. This.... it was a whole Horde vs Alliance thing which was awesome, and then it just turned into "Lel aint pandas funny?" thing which honestly ruined it for me.

  4. #844
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampwn View Post
    Did you seriously make a new account today to talk shit about the cinematic? What a sad, sad little troll you are. Why don't you post from your main account? Probably because you'll be the first person come MoP to make a "Wuts wrong with my DPS!?!?!?!" thread.
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion. you have a right to your own opinion and that is all. the FACT that mike morhaime's quotes are all about WAR THIS AND WAR THAT HORDE VERSUS ALLIANCE and they team up in the trailer is just hilarious. MORE OF THE SAME

    wow has been run by people who don't even play the genre since 2009 when the last gamers either went to titan or other companies
    Last edited by blizzardsoldoutin2009; 2012-08-16 at 09:35 PM.

  5. #845
    The Lightbringer Keile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    The part where Chen stops the orc and human fighting to see the beauty before them is symbolic. Have a Sha erupt in the back ground would have ruined it imo, it would feel cheap.
    That fact goes over your typical WoW players head who cannot understand stuff for anything other than it's face value.

    The symbolism there was: The Alliance and Horde get so caught up in their hatred for each other they don't even realize what is going on in the world around them anymore. This was shown by the mists clearing up and the colors getting brighter after the Pandaren interfered and made them stop fighting, if only for a moment. It's quite obvious that if they had taken the Pandaren out they would have continued to fight one another.

    Actually, it is oddly reminiscent of the WC3 cinema where the human and orc are fighting and then stop when they see the Infernals raining down from the sky...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

  6. #846
    QQ. QQ everywhere.

  7. #847
    the fact that so many of you are trying to "discover the symbolism" in a trailer some intern created the storyboard for one weekend suggest that you don't like it but WANT to like it.

  8. #848
    Really impressed.

    It set the scene perfectly in my opinion. The war between Orcs & Humans (Horde v Alliance if you will) found it's way to Pandaria, both sides came into contact with the Pandarians at once, neither looking any more good/evil than the other (they were fighting and both chose to fight the Monk) and eventually ended in awe of the beautiful civilization they stumbled into.

    Quite easy to infer what happens next. They go into the Village, drink some beer eat some food, and gather groups of followers, eagle to explore the world. Resulting in both Horde and Alliance Pandaren.

    Couldn't ask for much more really...

  9. #849
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion. you have a right to your own opinion and that is all. the FACT that mike morhaime's quotes are all about WAR THIS AND WAR THAT HORDE VERSUS ALLIANCE and they team up in the trailer is just hilarious. MORE OF THE SAME

    wow has been run by people who don't even play the genre since 2009 when the last gamers either went to titan or other companies
    Did you seriously say someone does not have a right to disagree with your opinion? LMAO anyways.

    Onto the topic, I liked it overall, still don't like the Hozen and Panderan.

  10. #850
    Herald of the Titans Porimlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    the fact that so many of you are trying to "discover the symbolism" in a trailer some intern created the storyboard for one weekend suggest that you don't like it but WANT to like it.
    Your opinion has been noted and appropriately ignored.

  11. #851
    It was cute. Not making any Kung Fu comparisons or anything (at all), but "cute" seems to be the most fitting word for the cinematic. Or two words, "well done". As it was obviously well done. It wasn't strikingly different from other cinematic trailers.

    It didn't feel epic though, I don't know if it was supposed to. It felt like it was supposed to appeal to as broad of an audience as possible, which it likely did except for the hard core internet haters/trolls.
    Last edited by Celista; 2012-08-16 at 09:40 PM.

  12. #852
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Your opinion has been noted and appropriately ignored.
    I'm kinda curious how he hasn't been banned yet.

  13. #853
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    the fact that so many of you are trying to "discover the symbolism" in a trailer some intern created the storyboard for one weekend suggest that you don't like it but WANT to like it.
    You created an account named "Blizzardsoldoutin2009" and proceed to spam the forums with anti-WoW/MoP/Blizz garbage.

    No one cares.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  14. #854
    Stood in the Fire Iasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    496
    I don't know why people thought it was hilarious. It was slightly humorous the way the human and orc allied with each other, but overall it was a kick ass battle. I would have loved to see the actual ship battle that went on, that's the only real thing I didn't like about it. The cinematic showed the fighting spirit of the pandaren, while showing the beauty of Pandaria itself. It was perfect in my opinion, better than what I had imagined.

  15. #855
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    That fact goes over your typical WoW players head who cannot understand stuff for anything other than it's face value.

    The symbolism there was: The Alliance and Horde get so caught up in their hatred for each other they don't even realize what is going on in the world around them anymore. This was shown by the mists clearing up and the colors getting brighter after the Pandaren interfered and made them stop fighting, if only for a moment. It's quite obvious that if they had taken the Pandaren out they would have continued to fight one another.

    Actually, it is oddly reminiscent of the WC3 cinema where the human and orc are fighting and then stop when they see the Infernals raining down from the sky...
    I picked up that callback as well. It also reminded me of the narrative in that scene, with the voice talking about how both sides were so caught up in their old hatreds that when a new threat appeared they were blind to it until it was too late. In this instance, it's not a threat they were blind to, but a veritable paradise right in front of them.

  16. #856
    appartenly some people are the maturity impersonated, "oh no you dont put a joke in my cinematic!"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  17. #857
    The Lightbringer Lovestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by ashybawls View Post
    you'd think with war in the air and all the devastation happening (or promised by blizzard), comedy would be the last thing incorporated into a trailer that's suppose to give you a feel of what an upcoming expansion of "OMG Biggest war evaaaaaaaaaaaaar between horde and alliance and sha pewpewing everything" is gonna be like
    The comedic touches don't bug me, but I have to admit I was pretty disappointed we just got "Two generic dudes fighting". It felt... so flat. Now that you bring it up, I kept waiting for a sha to appear, you know? For someone to get possessed and then one of the Shado-Pan to show up.

    It wasn't bad, it just didn't have any of the big sinister stuff that would have really made it punchy. TBC gave Illidan, WOTLK gave Arthas, Cata gave Deathwing ... but here it just felt... flat. It was like the Vanilla cinematic, except without any of the variety and wonder. It felt like it was tired, and going through the motions, hitting all the bullet points then clocking out at 5 PM.

    It's hard to critique this because as I often find myself saying, by most other standards this trailer is excellent. By Blizzard's, it feels somewhat underwhelming.

  18. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    Did you seriously say someone does not have a right to disagree with your opinion? LMAO anyways.

    Onto the topic, I liked it overall, still don't like the Hozen and Panderan.
    how about we keep the rhetoric out of this thread. that's a snarky form of trolling.

  19. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by Iasu View Post
    I don't know why people thought it was hilarious. It was slightly humorous the way the human and orc allied with each other, but overall it was a kick ass battle. I would have loved to see the actual ship battle that went on, that's the only real thing I didn't like about it. The cinematic showed the fighting spirit of the pandaren, while showing the beauty of Pandaria itself. It was perfect in my opinion, better than what I had imagined.
    I think it was that and the way Chen fixed the mallet/statue that the orc had broken off and used as a weapon mid-fight...a few other touches too.

  20. #860
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    78
    oh my f god.... People ask for new models...

    Blizz delivers a sneak peak of them in this trailer... and now the QQ starts.

    As an animator, this cinematic was beautifully executed. People asking for realism, WoW was never a serious game once the Gnomes and Goblins were established to be comedic.

    That one comedic moment where the Alliance Admiral gave the bamboo stick to the Orc is the perfect example of how both the horde and the alliance will put aside their differences to take on a more powerful foe. Like we did and will do for all the expansion bosses.

    And the pandaren is shown to care about his culture, That gust of wind that blew past the Orc when he was going to use that artifact to hit the human, WAS the pandaren protecting the artifact from being destroyed and defiled.

    The Cataclysm cinematic was good... yet was the most fail expansion i've ever played. The worgen and goblin storylines where never completed... they also weren't even vital to the storyline of DW like the Blood Elves and Draenei were to Outland.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •