View Poll Results: Did you like the cinematic?

Voters
2480. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1,987 80.12%
  • No

493 19.88%
Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really impressed.

It set the scene perfectly in my opinion. The war between Orcs & Humans (Horde v Alliance if you will) found it's way to Pandaria, both sides came into contact with the Pandarians at once, neither looking any more good/evil than the other (they were fighting and both chose to fight the Monk) and eventually ended in awe of the beautiful civilization they stumbled into.

Quite easy to infer what happens next. They go into the Village, drink some beer eat some food, and gather groups of followers, eagle to explore the world. Resulting in both Horde and Alliance Pandaren.

Couldn't ask for much more really...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion. you have a right to your own opinion and that is all. the FACT that mike morhaime's quotes are all about WAR THIS AND WAR THAT HORDE VERSUS ALLIANCE and they team up in the trailer is just hilarious. MORE OF THE SAME

wow has been run by people who don't even play the genre since 2009 when the last gamers either went to titan or other companies
    Did you seriously say someone does not have a right to disagree with your opinion? LMAO anyways.

Onto the topic, I liked it overall, still don't like the Hozen and Panderan.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that so many of you are trying to "discover the symbolism" in a trailer some intern created the storyboard for one weekend suggest that you don't like it but WANT to like it.
    Your opinion has been noted and appropriately ignored.

It was cute. Not making any Kung Fu comparisons or anything (at all), but "cute" seems to be the most fitting word for the cinematic. Or two words, "well done". As it was obviously well done. It wasn't strikingly different from other cinematic trailers.

It didn't feel epic though, I don't know if it was supposed to. It felt like it was supposed to appeal to as broad of an audience as possible, which it likely did except for the hard core internet haters/trolls.
    Last edited by Celista; 2012-08-16 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Your opinion has been noted and appropriately ignored.
    I'm kinda curious how he hasn't been banned yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that so many of you are trying to "discover the symbolism" in a trailer some intern created the storyboard for one weekend suggest that you don't like it but WANT to like it.
    You created an account named "Blizzardsoldoutin2009" and proceed to spam the forums with anti-WoW/MoP/Blizz garbage.

No one cares.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people thought it was hilarious. It was slightly humorous the way the human and orc allied with each other, but overall it was a kick ass battle. I would have loved to see the actual ship battle that went on, that's the only real thing I didn't like about it. The cinematic showed the fighting spirit of the pandaren, while showing the beauty of Pandaria itself. It was perfect in my opinion, better than what I had imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    That fact goes over your typical WoW players head who cannot understand stuff for anything other than it's face value.

The symbolism there was: The Alliance and Horde get so caught up in their hatred for each other they don't even realize what is going on in the world around them anymore. This was shown by the mists clearing up and the colors getting brighter after the Pandaren interfered and made them stop fighting, if only for a moment. It's quite obvious that if they had taken the Pandaren out they would have continued to fight one another.

Actually, it is oddly reminiscent of the WC3 cinema where the human and orc are fighting and then stop when they see the Infernals raining down from the sky...
    I picked up that callback as well. It also reminded me of the narrative in that scene, with the voice talking about how both sides were so caught up in their old hatreds that when a new threat appeared they were blind to it until it was too late. In this instance, it's not a threat they were blind to, but a veritable paradise right in front of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    appartenly some people are the maturity impersonated, "oh no you dont put a joke in my cinematic!"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashybawls View Post
    you'd think with war in the air and all the devastation happening (or promised by blizzard), comedy would be the last thing incorporated into a trailer that's suppose to give you a feel of what an upcoming expansion of "OMG Biggest war evaaaaaaaaaaaaar between horde and alliance and sha pewpewing everything" is gonna be like
    The comedic touches don't bug me, but I have to admit I was pretty disappointed we just got "Two generic dudes fighting". It felt... so flat. Now that you bring it up, I kept waiting for a sha to appear, you know? For someone to get possessed and then one of the Shado-Pan to show up.

It wasn't bad, it just didn't have any of the big sinister stuff that would have really made it punchy. TBC gave Illidan, WOTLK gave Arthas, Cata gave Deathwing ... but here it just felt... flat. It was like the Vanilla cinematic, except without any of the variety and wonder. It felt like it was tired, and going through the motions, hitting all the bullet points then clocking out at 5 PM.

It's hard to critique this because as I often find myself saying, by most other standards this trailer is excellent. By Blizzard's, it feels somewhat underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    Did you seriously say someone does not have a right to disagree with your opinion? LMAO anyways.

Onto the topic, I liked it overall, still don't like the Hozen and Panderan.
    how about we keep the rhetoric out of this thread. that's a snarky form of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Iasu View Post
    I don't know why people thought it was hilarious. It was slightly humorous the way the human and orc allied with each other, but overall it was a kick ass battle. I would have loved to see the actual ship battle that went on, that's the only real thing I didn't like about it. The cinematic showed the fighting spirit of the pandaren, while showing the beauty of Pandaria itself. It was perfect in my opinion, better than what I had imagined.
    I think it was that and the way Chen fixed the mallet/statue that the orc had broken off and used as a weapon mid-fight...a few other touches too.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh my f god.... People ask for new models...

Blizz delivers a sneak peak of them in this trailer... and now the QQ starts.

As an animator, this cinematic was beautifully executed. People asking for realism, WoW was never a serious game once the Gnomes and Goblins were established to be comedic.

That one comedic moment where the Alliance Admiral gave the bamboo stick to the Orc is the perfect example of how both the horde and the alliance will put aside their differences to take on a more powerful foe. Like we did and will do for all the expansion bosses.

And the pandaren is shown to care about his culture, That gust of wind that blew past the Orc when he was going to use that artifact to hit the human, WAS the pandaren protecting the artifact from being destroyed and defiled.

The Cataclysm cinematic was good... yet was the most fail expansion i've ever played. The worgen and goblin storylines where never completed... they also weren't even vital to the storyline of DW like the Blood Elves and Draenei were to Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play nice guys, all of you. If someone is being ridiculous, just ignore them or report it if you think it is seriously hindering discussion. Thanks!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    You created an account named "Blizzardsoldoutin2009" and proceed to spam the forums with anti-WoW/MoP/Blizz garbage.

No one cares.
    if my opinion angers you, well GET OVER IT. 3,000,000 other people quit in cata too and aren't coming back. your MISPLACED ANGER is the only garbage i smell. reported for trolling and harassment
    Last edited by blizzardsoldoutin2009; 2012-08-16 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    appartenly some people are the maturity impersonated, "oh no you dont put a joke in my cinematic!"
    Jokes are fine in the right place, the problem is blizzard has been shoving them down our throats more and more, instead of having us go out and find them.

Not the best but still decent. Prefer more "brutal" and less comedic intro tho.

Deleted
    No. I feel it lacks depth. The story is not thought out. What it basically said is that, oh, alliance and horde are at war for no apparent reason, and then come the pandas to join them. It also felt like a parody of the Warcraft III trailer, except in a much more naive and mocking way. It was awesome GRAPHICALLY, but in itself it sucked.

Just proved the childishness towards which the game is heading now.

You can have a game that does not take itself too seriously in other ways too, without turning it overly naive. I wanted the trailer to SAY something to me. To speak to me. But I did not get anything except for some good visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Play nice guys, all of you. If someone is being ridiculous, just ignore them or report it if you think it is seriously hindering discussion. Thanks!
    Eh blizzardsoldoutin2009 is such a blatantly obvious troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    if my opinion angers you, well GET OVER IT. 3,000,000 other people quit in cata too and aren't coming back. your MISPLACED ANGER is the only garbage i smell. reported for trolling and harassment
    So you're going to report anyone who disagrees with you. That's dumb and childish.

And disagreeing=/=harassment. I don't know where you got that from.
    Last edited by Byniri; 2012-08-16 at 09:47 PM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA