Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Build 15983 - rejoice, holy warriors!

CS buffed;
    HoW buffed;
    Judgement buffed;
    Templar's verdict buffed.

I'm not even going to start theorycrafting, but this is welcome news.

The other classes are getting DPS buffs too, so it is irrelevant. We will still be near the bottom of the DPS list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ssssshhhhh, or 'They' will see our happiness, and the Nerf-bat will come out once again.

I do on the other hand expect to see a Blue post in the next few days, saying that it was all them, and had nothing to do with the Paladin community, none of the testing we have done ourselves, not us telling them about this.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Please change the title. I came here thinking this was going to be a shockadin thread, then saw the patch notes.
    We holy palys are FULL of QQ due to the CS mana nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    The other classes are getting DPS buffs too, so it is irrelevant. We will still be near the bottom of the DPS list.
    Exactly. Also: Warrior buffs? Hmm.
    For us, they basically just reverted last build's nerfs. For most other classes, this meant buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Snorri said, we got buffed, but so did everyone else. I'm kind of confused why they buffed mages and wars and locks since they were pooping on everyone before as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    As Snorri said, we got buffed, but so did everyone else. I'm kind of confused why they buffed mages and wars and locks since they were pooping on everyone before as it was.
    Well because they aren't seeing the numbers that players are, somehow. I would love to know the numbers they are seeing and/or how they are getting there, but its obvious they are seeing things different than we are. Wish they would give us some insight to it, I've felt nothing but lost for the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerel View Post
    Ssssshhhhh, or 'They' will see our happiness, and the Nerf-bat will come out once again.

I do on the other hand expect to see a Blue post in the next few days, saying that it was all them, and had nothing to do with the Paladin community, none of the testing we have done ourselves, not us telling them about this.
    Keeping in mind that they are a few builds ahead internally; Before "us" tested the last build they already had their own figures to make decisions on. In other words these buffs were in place, in an already outdated internal build, before "us" tested the nerfs from the last public beta build. Ret has already been nerfed and buffed again in builds you haven't even had the chance to whine about and criticize. Stop trying to seize credit.

OT: Yay buffs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Well because they aren't seeing the numbers that players are, somehow. I would love to know the numbers they are seeing and/or how they are getting there, but its obvious they are seeing things different than we are. Wish they would give us some insight to it, I've felt nothing but lost for the last few weeks.
    Well if they gave us their numbers, they'd probably have to admit that we aren't all that far off with our numbers and what we have surmised.

Heh, come on. Blizzard? Numbers? They didn't even bother to make sure it was still possible to level to 90 with quests when they nerfed XP. Blizzard does not employ mathematicians.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing changes on where we are on the dps meters in comparisson to the other classes since everyone is getting buffed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Keeping in mind that they are a few builds ahead internally; Before "us" tested the last build they already had their own figures to make decisions on. In other words these buffs were in place, in an already outdated internal build, before "us" tested the nerfs from the last public beta build. Ret has already been nerfed and buffed again in builds you haven't even had the chance to whine about and criticize. Stop trying to seize credit.

OT: Yay buffs!
    I'm not trying to seize credit, infact, they can have all the credit they want. And even if they are internally ahead by a few builds, they just aren't seeing things the way the community is, and it's getting frustrating. We could tell them the grass is green and the sky is blue, and they would argue the toss over it until reality decided to change to agree with their view on things.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Nothing changes on where we are on the dps meters in comparisson to the other classes since everyone is getting buffed.
    Well, Fury is getting the bat, still. They got their Bloodthirst damage back (which is fine, an 80% wpn "strike" is stupid) but Raging Blow is still nerfed, as is their autoattack bonus.

So, I guess it'll be Warlocks >> Druids > everyone else.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2012-08-16 at 07:30 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

It almost feels like they're trying to bring everyone up to Monk levels considering the class hasn't seen nerfs in quite some time and a lot of other specs got some big buffs today.

I wouldn't worry too much about numbers.

The beta testing community is tiny compared to the community at large, and when 2,000,000 more people start saying "ability X hits like a wet noodle." ability X will get a good hard review.

I would imagine numbers will shape up really quick post-mop. people will still be mad that they aren't in the top 10, (which will mean that they're within 5-10k dps of the top 10.) but unless you're paragon or ensidia, it shouldn't make or break your raid spot.

For now we gotta keep throwing numbers at them.

people will still be mad that they aren't in the top 10, (which will mean that they're within 5-10k dps of the top 10.)
    TBH I'd be pretty mad if I was 10k short ("of the top ten," which would then have it's OWN 5k+ spread on top of that). Last build, 10k was 20% of a lot of specs' fully raid buffed dummy DPS. Even in this build it's still gonna be like 15%. That's way too much.

still have not gotten hit for holy on the lvl 90 talents.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Andron View Post
    Exactly. Also: Warrior buffs? Hmm.
    For us, they basically just reverted last build's nerfs. For most other classes, this meant buffs.
    This is so confusing. First, they don't even completely revert the last build nerfs, they revert it only 90% of the original damage. Second, on top of that they buff every other classes' damage. Is blizzard seriously trolling? What did ret paladins do to deserve this. It's rather silly when they say prove to them that our damage is not on par with other classes. So simcraft isn't the best example, so then we provide parses, and hard numbers on their stupid dummy that we can only use pvp on. And they say "duh you noob, of course it's not gonna be representative of actual damage you're in pvp gear". Then what is the point of telling us to test in that gear -_-

Ret:
    Templar's Verdict 250% Weapon Dmg --> 275% (not even the original 280)
    HoW 1,470 + 128.8% ---> 1,838 + 161.0% of SP

Rogue:
    Ambush 245% --> 325%
    Dispatch 350% --> 325%

WTF kind of trolling is this. Every other class gets MEGA buffs, and paladin gets a partial revert. Middle finger to blizzard.
    Last edited by deadmau; 2012-08-16 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rejoice for being the worst melee dps as always?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Beta's buffs and nerfs since the begining in short (not DPS, just some numbers so we you can get the idea from damage):

Build1
    Ret: 200
    Other classes: 150

Build2
    Ret: 180
    Other classes: 160

Build3
    Ret: 150
    Other classes: 160

Build4
    Ret: 120
    Other classes: 145

Build5
    Ret: 100

Build6
    Ret: 80
    Other classes: 140

Build7
    Ret: 85

Pre last build
    Ret: 50
    Other classes: 135

Last build:
    Ret: 60

Nice, some buffs! Just we get about a 5% buff, other classes get 10% buff at least. So...

"It's a trap". This is a nerf.

Some clowns we are - we're trowing a LOT of the numbers GC asked and as a result, they nerf some more and makes it look like a buff.