Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    So, Beta's buffs and nerfs since the begining in short (not DPS, just some numbers so we you can get the idea from damage):

Build7
    Ret: 85
    Other classes: 150

Pre last build
    Ret: 50
    Other classes: 135

Last build:
    Ret: 49 fixed
    Other classes: 150

Nice, some buffs! Just we get about a 5% buff, other classes get 10% buff at least. So...

"It's a trap". This is a nerf.

Some clowns we are - we're trowing a LOT of the numbers GC asked and as a result, they nerf some more and makes it look like a buff.

Obviously your post is littered with arbitrary numbers, everyone can see that. But what you're trying to point out, I'd have to say, is for the most part correct about the general flow of damage buffs and nerfs.
    Last edited by deadmau; 2012-08-16 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to stretch the numbers so it gets more visual/obvious. And true, this last "buff" was made us WORSE than before the last nerf. I'd put even 48 there ;P

well i cant wait to see some numbers from the beta raiders on this

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    Had to stretch the numbers so it gets more visual/obvious. And true, this last "buff" was made us WORSE than before the last nerf. I'd put even 48 there ;P
    Lol your numbers would be comical if plotted into a graph. But also depressing. I think I'm gonna call it quits, this repeated BS is too much to bare.

Isn't that a little gloomy? Yeah, they didn't put CS and TV back up all the way... but they didn't bust down Holy Avenger or Divine Purpose to pre-15961 levels either.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the other classes numbers, then come back and say we are not getting a 5% nerf again.

Nothing less than expected. We get nerfs, Frost Mages get buffed. We get buffed, Frost Mages get buffed. Yay... /rolleyes

Seriously though, when the next build rolls out, keep pumping out those numbers.

EDIT: Also, gemming is going to be pretty interesting when MoP hits.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-08-16 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love the buff of our judgement let us hope it will be back to it's glorious days.

Deleted
    Crusader Strike - Damage increased from 115% to 125%

meanwhile mage: Combustion damage increased by 200%

The problem is the circus clowns at Blizzard are so stuck on a certain mentality when it comes to paladins. Pick one thing and use that as a guideline to judge us.

Divine Shield has always been a their most used thing to dance around whenever they're making any changes to us.

Now, it seems like ICC from back in WotLK is being used to determine if we're doing too much damage or not. But, unfortunately they're also not taking a look at the whole picture when doing that.

Yes, we did assloads of damage back in ICC and you know why? Because everything was undead and most if not all of our abilities did extra damage vs undead.

This isn't WotLK anymore, we don't have have most of those does x damage but XX damage vs undead abilities anymore. We're not fighting armies of undead mobs anymore. There is no reason for CS and DS to share a cooldown anymore. No reason why consecration should have such a short duration and long cooldown. But Blizzard can not get their head out of their asses to see this.
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    Yes, we did assloads of damage back in ICC and you know why? Because everything was undead and most if not all of our abilities did extra damage vs undead.
    Divine Storm could also proc our Seal of Command back then. That plus the 2 piece that had a chance to reset CD on Divine Storm = LOLAOE! Then they said we were doing too much AoE damage. REALLY!? That's what happens when you let AoE proc AoE and get a CD reset?! Who would have thought?
    Last edited by bot v2.38beta; 2012-08-17 at 12:36 AM.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    Divine Storm could also proc our Seal of Command back then. That plus the 2 piece that had a chance to reset CD on Divine Storm = LOLAOE! Then they said we were doing too much AoE damage. REALLY!? That's what happens when you let AoE proc AoE and get a CD reset?! Who would have thought?
    ...And when you make it part of the normal rotation and the highest priority ability... lol... yeah not really sure what they were expecting with the old Divine Storm design. Glad they nerfed all "free" cleaving for most melee, especially us, and simply gave it to casters via multi-dotting and other abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to be sure guys our Templar Verdict now in live is 260% ? or 265%? just wanna make sure if that inc buff is like 15% more or 10% thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Just wanted to be sure guys our Templar Verdict now in live is 260% ? or 265%? just wanna make sure if that inc buff is like 15% more or 10% thanks in advance.
    Its 280 on live.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Well if they gave us their numbers, they'd probably have to admit that we aren't all that far off with our numbers and what we have surmised.
    But you don't know what their numbers are, so you can't say what they'd have to admit haha. I agree, it's beyond frustrating in the ret community the last few weeks because it's all just uncertainty and people feel dismissed by devs (GC) in particular. I honestly do believe though they are seeing very different numbers than we (the community) are, we're just not sure WHY because we don't have access to anything they do. All I can hope for is we don't have a repeat of T11, this time it'll be because of numbers and not numbers AND horrible design. Let's face it, if we do ship out way worse than the rest of the classes the numbers is a relatively easy fix, in T11 our spec was just flawed to the core, IMO.

You cry for buffs. Blizzard buffs you. You still cry. This is like 2 children arguing at the dinner table, "He got more chocolate milk than me!" IT'S BETA! chillax everyone. After all, we are a hybrid class.

btw Monks will be OP for a long time, its a given. You know how much Blizz LOVES their new classes. (remember DKs when they were introduced?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz View Post
    You cry for buffs. Blizzard buffs you. You still cry. This is like 2 children arguing at the dinner table, "He got more chocolate milk than me!" IT'S BETA! chillax everyone. After all, we are a hybrid class.

btw Monks will be OP for a long time, its a given. You know how much Blizz LOVES their new classes. (remember DKs when they were introduced?)
    You must be new to ret.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz View Post

After all, we are a hybrid class.
    rolls eyes, and yet so are druids, priests and shamans and monks all of which are doing seemingly better than paladins previous build.

As stated, numbers don't mean anything by themselves. Regarding our positions in dps comparison rankings we were nerfed again. Also is there a need to create a new thread for each beta build? I thought we can keep the discussion in previous thread.

I am seriously thinking about attending anger management classes. But it'd prolly be better to just cancel the sub and call this game history.

I am so sick of ret being the unloved stepchild. And I am sick of these subliminal tricks to make us believe that Blizzard did us a favor and that we better be grateful or else WoG gains a chance to miss healing or something like that.

It'd be awesome if Blizzard just pigeonholed Ret for this addon and introduced them as a new class in the next one. That might fix this spec since it WILL BE INEVITABLE to have a concept then.

Thinking about MoP equals a state of pure depression.