Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm kinda confused by this. I drop shit all the time including on to my solid-glass entertainment system...and nothing has ever broken. Why is it so easy to break these?
    Tempered glass is on high pressure and tries to explode but the outer part of it is on high tension so that it doesn't. If you apply pressure to it the tension absorbs it so that the glass can take much more pressure than normal glass. But when you apply more pressure than there is tension on the surface the inner forces will break free and shatter the glass. With these little hammers and so on you can create a lot of pressure in a very small area and that's enough to release the inner forces. You could compare it to a flour filled balloon or something. You can try and punch a balloon as hard as you can it won't get destroyed but the moment you pinch it with a needle it explodes.

you deserve to die for playing a WD on hardcore
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    There is something that doesn't cross people's mind, a knuckle fist. form a fist, and push out one knuckle, it works in the same principle. small area = focused force and boom, glass shatters, well at the expense of your finger.

OT:
    I wish I could see his face after he realized what had he done.
    I'd be willing to bet that your hand would break to the point of it not able to hold a fist before the window breaks. Care to test it out and let us know who is right?

I'm more inclined to think that was the OP picture was the result of an angry ex!
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that your hand would break to the point of it not able to hold a fist before the window breaks.
    Yep, you can literally whack at a tempered glass pane with a hammer with all your strength for days and it will never break. It needs pinpoint force and your finger is way too big and soft to ever do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Yep, you can literally whack at a tempered glass pane with a hammer with all your strength for days and it will never break. It needs pinpoint force and your finger is way too big and soft to ever do it.
    Shhhhh was about 25.73% sure someone would try it!

OT I avoided dying in HC by not playing it =P Got my WD (yes I know suckiest choice) to 40 and quit as I watched all my other friends get shanked by lag or other stupid reasons.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

While the handymans that installed our new windows were carrying the large bedroom windows (about 3sqm or 33sqft) it slipped someones fingers and crashed on a wooden log on the floor in a ~90° angle. They then proceeded to get a broom and a can to remove the remainders. It was a sight to behold though. It fell, everyone held there breath for half a second and as I was watching it from the side I could see how with the blink of an eye the whole glass shattered while still standing. After that endless moment it all collapsed into tiny cubicles of glass. I asked them if they could to it again while I fetched my camera. Well, they told me to scram and that it wasn't funny :P

And btw, from experience, if you ever have to break any kind of glass, your elbow is your best bet but I really wouldn't encourage anyone to ever break a window with any part of their body as you are most certainly bound to cut yourself or injure yourself otherwise.

Deleted
    lol funny even if fake

Fake picture, was originally posted on Reddit awhile back. It broke because of the subwoofer on the left corner of the desk caused too many vibrations, and after it hit the resonating frequency of the glass, it shattered.

Damn son.

I know I would rage if I died on HC mode as well, but this is just... damn!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    subwoofer on the left corner of the desk caused too many vibrations
    Good vibrations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-08-19 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    --REMOVED--

-----------------------
    If there was a video of this, angry german kid could pack his things.

Please don't post memes on this forum
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-19 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Oh god. O_o

I would advice not getting a glass desk again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    rofl.........

Deleted
    Go hardcore they said, will be fun they said