Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I just asked for a refund on GW2

Basically I was stupid enough to think the game would run on my laptop, and it won't so I just requested a refund from their support section on the website, I bought it with a visa card (not paypal) and I gave them the reason why I wanted a refund, do you think they'll give it me?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't run the game, depending on when you bought it, I don't see why they wouldn't. If anything, I would look for a number to call and ask them that way in case they don;t respond or decline.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. End of thread.

They'll give a refund to anyone as long as you do it before release. The reason doesn't matter, but you can only get the refund if you bought it from their website.

Deleted
    yup

/fillupwoop

Yes they will. ANet is very customer friendly.

I think it's actually 30 days after release. but the point is the same, yes, you will be refunded if you purchased it from their website. You didn't really even need a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

Quote Originally Posted by Generalfrisk View Post
    I think it's actually 30 days after release
    Refund policy
    If you pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 from buy.guildwars2.com and would like a refund prior to the release of the game, please contact Customer Support.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were you, I'd instead choose to buy a computer specifically for gaming. Which, I suppose, would take some time and effort. I'm having a hard enough time getting enough spare cash to pay for my girlfriend's PC upgrades.

As a college student, you kinda need a laptop because of the portability, but that doesn't mean you can't also have an actual desktop PC in your apartment/dorm/whatever for less studious computer pursuits.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 08:46 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    If I were you, I'd instead choose to buy a computer specifically for gaming. Which, I suppose, would take some time and effort. I'm having a hard enough time getting enough spare cash to pay for my girlfriend's PC upgrades.

As a college student, you kinda need a laptop because of the portability, but that doesn't mean you can't also have an actual desktop PC in your apartment/dorm/whatever for less studious computer pursuits.
    That's similar to what I did. For my first 4 years of college I had a laptop that I used because of portability. At the time, I only played WoW, but even that laptop got 20 fps max. A few years later, I was able to invest in a rather nice desktop that was border-line top of the line.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also worth noting that "gaming" laptops are stupidly expensive compared to equivalent desktop PCs. Better to have a cheap laptop for your college needs, and go all out on a PC.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

ANet gave me a refund because my PC wasn't able to get a decent frame rate out of GW2. Took all of about 5 minutes, via e-mail no less.

If I were you, I'd instead choose to buy a computer specifically for gaming.
    Or ANet could optimize their game better. It's not really a secret that GW2 is pretty terribly optimized. Just sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
    Or ANet could optimize their game better. It's not really a secret that GW2 is pretty terribly optimized. Just sayin'.
    Or maybe some people could realize that some machines just aren't meant to run games.

It's great that Blizzard tries to target really shitty PC rigs with their 7-year-old game, really it is - it widens the target audience considerably. But people with shitty computers really just need to recognize that PC gaming isn't for them.

When you're a college student, and you go buy a laptop, you're likely to buy something that's a little on the weak side of computing power, because it really doesn't take much to operate a word processor and browse the internet.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-17 at 01:39 AM.

Or maybe some people could realize that some machines just aren't meant to run games.

It's great that Blizzard tries to target really shitty PC rigs with their 7-year-old game, really it is - it widens the target audience considerably. But people with shitty computers really just need to recognize that PC gaming isn't for them.
    I agree with this lots.

I always tell people; This is PC gaming. Adjust accordingly.

Part of the reason MMOs look like utter crap compared to other genres is they have to keep aiming for this family PC market. Pffft! I want Crysis 3 level graphics as an MMO! :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand not everyone can afford it, but to be brutally honest building your own pc is A) Way better than a pre-built (even if it claims to be gaming) and B) A whole lot cheaper. I agree Fencers games should be aimed at Legit gaming PC's, but in reality in wouldn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be targeted at "gaming PCs" to an extent. I personally feel that the minimum reqs for GW2 are not asking for a lot, and yet it's still more than what some people are apparently willing to buy. Seriously, the minimum reqs for GW2 are budget gaming.

When you're a college student, and you go buy a laptop, you're likely to buy something that's a little on the weak side of computing power, because it really doesn't take much to operate a word processor and browse the internet.
    Bang for your buck essentially. If you don't want to pay to be able to game, to be surprised when games don't play. OP, just because WoW can run on 7year old tech (which, when you think about, would have been the mid-high range, at the time, heck WoW's engine used to be able to run on 256Mb GFX cards and pentium 4's); don't expect other games to run on current integrated graphics at any form of decent setting. Most laptops that aren't specifically gaming are more likely running with an integrated or low end budget graphics card. Never mind the non-ideal processor. A lot of laptop hardware is designed to save power anyways.

As Fencers said, this is PC gaming, adjust accordingly. Also why desktops are typically better as it is much easier to Adjust the hardware inside at whim.

This isn't to say I think the MMO market needs to go all out. I really like the fact that they make the games for older systems, it open up the availability of the game to more people and brings in more potential players so the worlds feel more full and lively. PC gaming is not console gaming; games won't be made with a static set of hardware in mind.

They should be targeted at "gaming PCs" to an extent. I personally feel that the minimum reqs for GW2 are not asking for a lot, and yet it's still more than what some people are apparently willing to buy. Seriously, the minimum reqs for GW2 are budget gaming.
    Yes, very much so. I haven't priced out in a few months (6-8), but the req's for GW2 could be built for easily 500 USD and probably less if you can still find the hardware for sale I would think.
    Last edited by Bluedragonwolf; 2012-08-17 at 02:31 AM.

Deleted

If a computer can run Tera, but not any other mmorpg with inferior graphics, it's the optimization thats at fault ( not speaking about myself, i have a good rig that runs gw2 on max)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I agree with this lots.

I always tell people; This is PC gaming. Adjust accordingly.

Part of the reason MMOs look like utter crap compared to other genres is they have to keep aiming for this family PC market. Pffft! I want Crysis 3 level graphics as an MMO! :3
    the magic word is scaling. a mmorpg should be able to scale enough to run on weaker machines, but also have potential for high end graphics.
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2012-08-17 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    games should be aimed at Legit gaming PC's, but in reality in wouldn't work
    Part of the death of the PC market. Only a handful of developers are pushing games made specifically for gaming PCs. So we get a lot of crummy ports on PC of console games running hardware that is an absolute handicap to modern gaming PCs.

Devs aren't even trying to include PC options nowadays either; no FOV sliders, few keybind options, low rez textures, imprecise interface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, they refunded me simply because I decided not to get it. You shouldn't have any problems at all.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.