Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Part of the death of the PC market. Only a handful of developers are pushing games made specifically for gaming PCs. So we get a lot of crummy ports on PC of console games running hardware that is an absolute handicap to modern gaming PCs.

Devs aren't even trying to include PC options nowadays either; no FOV sliders, few keybind options, low rez textures, imprecise interface.

Oh totally, for example my other half made the mistake of buying Darksiders 2, he has a rig better than mine, and there is a lot of QQ in the forums because it runs likes shit.. on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    If a computer can run Tera, but not any other mmorpg with inferior graphics
    Wait. So not only are you saying that GW2 graphics are inferior to TERA's (outrageous claim), but you're claiming that the capabilities of the PC have no impact? What are the minimum reqs for TERA?

Keep in mind that the OP didn't give any particular system specifications and only said "I thought it would run fine on my laptop, and it couldn't."
    We really don't know anything beyond that he couldn't run it, and that he tried with a laptop - most laptops are not suited to running games.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-17 at 02:50 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tera Online Recommended System Requirements

OS: Windows XP (32 bit only), Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (latest service pack)

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or Intel Core2 Duo E6750 2.66G

RAM: 2 GB or greater

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 3870 or Geforce 8800GT

HDD: 50 GB of hard drive space (25 GB to download, 25 GB to unpack)

DX: DirectX 9.0c

OTHER: Internet Connection

Guild Wars 2 Minimum System Requirements*

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better

GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)

HDD: 25 GB hard drive space required

NET: Broadband Internet connection

OTHER: Keyboard and mouse

eta: 50gig.. geezus
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-08-17 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Oh totally, for example my other half made the mistake of buying Darksiders 2, he has a rig better than mine, and there is a lot of QQ in the forums because it runs likes shit.. on PC.
    I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THAT! ACCK!

Same complaints too; poor console PC translation in DS2. Not even gonna bother. Sleeping Dogs looks intriguing but I can't trust it.

I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THAT! ACCK!

Same complaints too; poor console PC translation in DS2. Not even gonna bother. Sleeping Dogs looks intriguing but I can't trust it.
    I like sleeping dogs. Controls are a bit annoying sometimes but nothing major imo and for some reason its better not to try to use the mouse too much while driving (for some reason sensibility goes through the roof, may be fixed later).

As for the game itself, its really a GTA clone with more emphasis on melee combat than guns. Melee is a bit easy though, feels like AC with the counter mechanic.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-17 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    If a computer can run Tera, but not any other mmorpg with inferior graphics, it's the optimization thats at fault
    I disagree on the graphics but thats another point. As to the optimization remember one thing. You are comparing a released game to one still in beta. That's like saying a house that sold 3 months ago has a better looking paint job than the house next to it that is in the final stages of construction and the painter just arrived. Optimization is the last step before launch. Tera is already beyond that final step GW2 is not. Many people have been reporting better and better results as all these stress tests progress.

Who is John Galt?

Tera runs on one of the most heavily optimized and developed engines in the industry at large. It was also developed, patch and further optimized long before GW2. So it's not really a fair comparison as the two engines are in dramatically different states of refinement.

I have yet to have a single hiccup in GW2. The game has run consistently at 45-60 fps since the first beta weekend @ max settings. Now I understand some have issues. Okay. But goodness, it takes time to work out all the kinks on a platform where users can have an unimaginable variance in PC configurations.

FFS.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-17 at 05:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Yes they will. ANet is very customer friendly.
    this has nothing to do with it legally they have to accept a non used product and issue a refund Blizzard does the same thing.

Tera runs on one of the most heavily optimized and developed engines in the industry at large. It was also developed, patch and further optimized long before GW2. So it's not really a fair comparison as the two engines are in dramatically different states of refinement.

I have yet to have a single hiccup in GW2. The game has run consistently at 45-60 fps since the first beta weekend @ max settings. Now I understand some have issues. Okay. But goodness, it takes time to work out all the kinks on a platform where users can have an unimaginable variance in PC configurations.

FFS.
    Fencers, haven't you learned by now that logic and the internet don't mix?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

On the subject of Tera.. my PC is fairly out of date, so when I tried out the Tera Beta I was happily surprised that it ran quite well. The Mystic I tried out was a decent amount of fun.

I agree with this lots.

I always tell people; This is PC gaming. Adjust accordingly.

Part of the reason MMOs look like utter crap compared to other genres is they have to keep aiming for this family PC market. Pffft! I want Crysis 3 level graphics as an MMO! :3
    Come to think of it, I actually vaguely remember that several MMOs have used one version of the cryEngine or another, but the one that pops to mind when talking about cryengine 3 is.. Archeage. There's a video up on youtube I believe.
    Last edited by Purple; 2012-08-17 at 05:32 AM.

FFS.
    For Fencers' sake?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~