Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I played the heck out of BG2, particularly online, but never actually played the first one. I have Planscape Torment sitting on discs too, never got around to playing that either. These re-releases might be good opportunities to play both.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends whether they let you have a voice-acted romance with Edwin, Mazzy and Sarevok. And Edwina...

But yeah, looking forward to it. BG1 was probably the first game I ever really felt immersed in, and BG2 is still one of my utter favourites.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could pay them triple to get it sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I guess there isn't too much that could go wrong buy just producing an enhanced edition so I feel pretty good about it. Just hope that the voiceacting isn't shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    I guess there isn't too much that could go wrong buy just producing an enhanced edition so I feel pretty good about it. Just hope that the voiceacting isn't shit.
    I was going to say that you know that the voice acting won't be shit because its a BioWare game . . . but I don't see BioWare's name on this.
    Putin khuliyo

"Greatest role playing game of all time". That's quite a claim. I've heard a lot of good things about this game and if it's graphically up to par I might try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Depends whether they let you have a voice-acted romance with Edwin, Mazzy and Sarevok. And Edwina...

But yeah, looking forward to it. BG1 was probably the first game I ever really felt immersed in, and BG2 is still one of my utter favourites.
    I'd assume they're going to add in all the romance/NPC expansion mods that are at least of a certain quality level. I'd expect we'll see Nalia, the entire Solaufein thing, and probably even Imoen for those nutjobs that like a little incest in their romance. I think there were some mods that added completely new NPCs that I wouldn't be surprised to see, either.

I'm not sure voice-acting would really be necessary or improve the experience. Planescape Torment was like 95% text and it was still gripping and immersive.

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    "Greatest role playing game of all time". That's quite a claim. I've heard a lot of good things about this game and if it's graphically up to par I might try it out.
    It's an accurate claim.

Graphics are pretty irrelevant. It's isometric and 2D, though they'll be updating it to play nice with modern resolutions.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'll be picking it up, D&D rpg's have kind of died out with the popularity of first person shooters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will definitely pick it up , still remember PvPing in the original via the Gamespy lobby.. such fond memories, hard to believe it was 14 years ago.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-08-22 at 04:53 AM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Never played it, was gonna grab it, but then saw few screenshots and gotta say it still looks barely better than original game. So I'll pass.

Very excited. My problem is that I have played the original so many times, it isn't going to feel very new to me. Still easily one of the best games ever created IMHO. And actually I know they are adding cinematics in place of the old voice and text chapter story thingies, which is kind of disappointing because even though they weren't animated the voice work was awesome. I would have been happy with a graphic and rules update only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    Never played it, was gonna grab it, but then saw few screenshots and gotta say it still looks barely better than original game. So I'll pass.
    You are going to pass on the best RPG ever made cause of the graphics? You don't much sound like a fan of RPGs then.

BG1 > BG2 > Icewind Dale 1/2 > Neverwinter Nights

Was amazing, am very excited
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm not sure voice-acting would really be necessary or improve the experience.
    True enough. The three (four) of them just happened to have incredibly good VAs back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    True enough. The three (four) of them just happened to have incredibly good VAs back in the day.
    Unfortunately I always felt pressured to use the "canon" group, and since it tended to fit well with what I played (a fighter of one variety or another), I never really changed it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Absolutely loved BG2 and ToB. However, I was never able to find a working copy (that didn't require lots of fiddling) of the first 2 (the ones from the complete pack I bought didn't work due to some weird language thing).

So yes, a thousand times yes.

Do they mean that 7-level failure game? It was a teaser for a real one, BG 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Dont really see a reason to buy this "remake" over the games I already have. Sure if I reinstall them, I have to play around for 30 Minutes to get all the mods in place to fix the various issues, but thats not that big of a deal.
    Yeh pretty much this, i don't really see the point in it. Besides i've already played the BG series a million times. I think it's great they are making it though as they will make it more accessible to people who never played it before, struggle to get them to work on Windows 7(soon 8) where games are become less and less compatible, or people that haven't played them since the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Unfortunately I always felt pressured to use the "canon" group, and since it tended to fit well with what I played (a fighter of one variety or another), I never really changed it.
    I never really bothered with it; Keldorn and Viccy were a recipe for disaster, so I took on the paladin/inquisitor/cavalier/whatever role myself, and ended up having Edwin/Mazzy/Imoen (thanks for nothing Yoshimo)/Korgan/Viconia, then kicked out Mazzy for Sarevok in ToB.

The party banter was always more amusing with mostly evil characters.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-08-22 at 01:03 PM.

I never really bothered with it; Keldorn and Viccy were a recipe for disaster, so I took on the paladin/inquisitor/cavalier/whatever role myself, and ended up having Edwin/Mazzy/Imoen (thanks for nothing Yoshimo)/Korgan/Viconia, then kicked out Mazzy for Sarevok in ToB.

The party banter was always more amusing with mostly evil characters.
    Evil parties are definitely where it's at.
    So much more fun.
    Also - Edwina.