Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Evil parties are definitely where it's at.
    So much more fun.
    Also - Edwina.
    heh i've completed BG1 over 20+ times in my life and never used any of the characters.

Multiplayer -> Create 6 Characters -> save game -> move save from “MPSAVE” to “SAVE” -> Load SP save and wallah you have 6 custom party members Always loved doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    heh i've completed BG1 over 20+ times in my life and never used any of the characters.

Multiplayer -> Create 6 Characters -> save game -> move save from “MPSAVE” to “SAVE” -> Load SP save and wallah you have 6 custom party members Always loved doing that.
    Aww, but the other characters are half the fun! I played BG2 a lot online and I always missed having them around.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I never really bothered with it; Keldorn and Viccy were a recipe for disaster, so I took on the paladin/inquisitor/cavalier/whatever role myself, and ended up having Edwin/Mazzy/Imoen (thanks for nothing Yoshimo)/Korgan/Viconia, then kicked out Mazzy for Sarevok in ToB.

The party banter was always more amusing with mostly evil characters.
    I hear ya. I tried many party set-ups over time, but I can't stand Anomen and Naliya, I literally want to feed them to Kangaxx minutes after inviting them. Jan and Mazzy also grate on my nerves. Aerie..well, I keep her around because she is so innocent, but her romance dialogue is shudder-inducing (not bashing the writers here, just saying I could never say that to girls IRL :P). Haer'Dalis was also kind of obnoxious, but I could deal with him.

Edwin, Viconia (oh god how I love thee, my blue-skinned vixen), Korgan, Jaheira, Sarevok, Myself was the party set-up I most commonly gravitated to. As much as I wanted to diversify, I always ended up replacing others with the above 5 :P

I've never played the game but I want to. What is the multiplayer like?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    I was going to answer this question, then realized it's been so long I barely remember. I really enjoyed it, but you have to play with the right people.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yea more things are a foot in the RPG world, although I'm not sure what to think about it. Black Isle is apparently back.

http://www.blackisle.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    Multiplayer was great but you really could only play with two players. More and it became a nightmare due to the way traveling between maps worked. As far as I know they also are improving the multiplayer aspect quite a bit in BG:EE.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-08-23 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I never really bothered with it; Keldorn and Viccy were a recipe for disaster, so I took on the paladin/inquisitor/cavalier/whatever role myself, and ended up having Edwin/Mazzy/Imoen (thanks for nothing Yoshimo)/Korgan/Viconia, then kicked out Mazzy for Sarevok in ToB.

The party banter was always more amusing with mostly evil characters.
    I always ended up with Aeire, Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen, and usually had that last slot be a revolving door for side quests until it was time to pick up Sarevok in ToB.

I don't understand how you could play a BG game without Minsc.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Korgan Minsc Viconia Aerie (or edwin) and alternating thieves between playthroughs Imoen/Yoshimo, Jan, Nalia (with lots of potions of thieving since she is human and dual classed as a mage and cant level as a thief anymore, likewise with Imoen)

Or multiplayer and make a second character a paladin instead of Korgan so I dont give up Carsomyr and not have to worry about any Keldorn/viconia issues.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-08-23 at 07:53 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Oh yea more things are a foot in the RPG world, although I'm not sure what to think about it. Black Isle is apparently back.

http://www.blackisle.com/
    Black Isle is back but all the people who made Black Isle good are in Obsidian.

Pretty redundant bit of news unless they get at least some of them to return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    Black Isle is back but all the people who made Black Isle good are in Obsidian.

Pretty redundant bit of news unless they get at least some of them to return.
    Yea that was exactly my thought. Why raise Black Isle while all the original developers are gone. I guess we can but wait and see.

You never know, Black Isle might do a "Let's get the band back together!" type thing. Though I can't really see them pushing out a new IP in the next 3 years that isn't of an indie~ level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I don't understand how you could play a BG game without Minsc.
    He would kill Edwin. I can't play a BG game without Edwin.

"Edwin do this, Edwin do that; somebody get this jerk a banana..."

I cheated it in BG1 though; I grabbed Dynaheir, stripped her off, then sent her to meet ogre-mage Droth alone. Minsc and Edwin got along a lot better with her permanently gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissyfoo View Post
    A bit off topic, but Judge Dredd sounds like it is going to be balls out awesome. The other movie you mentioned ... well, some of the developments I have read make me want to punch whoever is responsible in the dick until they vomit.
    I just can't imagine the new actor shouting "I AM THE LAW" having the same effect

OT: I will definitely be picking this up, this will be the 4th time I’ve bought Baldur's Gate over the years haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    You are going to pass on the best RPG ever made cause of the graphics? You don't much sound like a fan of RPGs then.
    Never said I am one, just like good games and graphics is a huge part of it. No matter how much I love Final Fantasy 7, I won't be able to play it anymore because it looks like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    Never said I am one, just like good games and graphics is a huge part of it. No matter how much I love Final Fantasy 7, I won't be able to play it anymore because it looks like crap.
    Sounds like your eyes have been fed too much candy :P

played it back then
    didnt liked it much (mainly because i didnt understandt a lot of thinks).
    but why dont they enhance the grafic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    played it back then
    Change the graphics you change the "feel" of the game, Baldur's Gate is perfect as is in my opionion.

Let's get back on topic please. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    played it back then
    Because of this:

1. The source art assets for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal are lost.

All the original area art, paperdolls, monsters and character models are lost with the exception of a few 3D models of monsters from Throne of Bhaal. There is nothing anyone can do about it. Therefore, it is not possible for the devs to deliver Baldur's Gate HD, and/or re-render any art at higher resolutions. Significant modifications to sprites, like displaying cloaks and hats, adding new/more armor styles, or removing the mirroring effect from BG2 animations, are also off-limits.

As per Trent Oster, the devs are currently limited to the existing animations. There will be no new animations in BG:EE, so it is no use to ask for them. Recreating character models from scratch and rendering them at high resolution is out of question, because it would take more time and resources than are currently available to the devs. Also, recreating character models alone is not an option, as they would look glaringly better than all monsters that weren't re-rendered; if something got redone, then everything else should get the same treatment for the sake of visual consistency, thus making this an even more demanding (and unfeasible) task.

In light of the above, it doesn't make much sense to request new monsters, as they won't have distinctive animations to go (and I personally believe Baldur's Gate already has enough monsters that share the same animation or a recolored version of the same animation).

hmmmm, interesting, but not sure if its worth 20 bucks if they arent updating any models/adding any new ones, as the above post sums up as being pretty much impossible.