Deleted

Tortos 10M, need help pls

I need some help with this boss pls, my dps is quite low, partly because I’m having a hard time targeting the turtles, I use tiday plates but the turtles are moving too fast, also a traget macro doesn’t really help because it targets the almost dead turtles lying around..
    An addon that would target by the different marks (skull, X) would be helpful, but I guess it doesn’t exist

I tried to spread corruption on the 3 turtles when they spawn with SB: SoC but it didn’t work, is that a bug or was my timing just wrong? How do you guys do it? I would be thankful for some tips..

And is there away to control the spinning turtles? We had some going though the wall and others landed almost upright against the wall, how are you supposed to kick them? Seems to me that the fight is a little bugged

Hey Maldora,

Concerning the turtles, I suggest you just SB:SS or manually dot each one of them when they appear under the boss. Do not forget that the first turtle must be quickly killed, as the first Furious Stone Breath comes right after the first turtle spawn.

You cannot "control" the spinning turtles, but once they're slowed (for example with your curse of exhaustion, which I suggest you should use, especially glyphed) you can decide to "kill" them once they're at a suitable place, like in the middle of the room. Just wait until she gets there, and finish her.

To my knowledge, the only use for SB:SoC on this fight is probably for the bats.

If you get your glyphed CoEX out on those turtles (btw you can hit them with it even if you're targeting the boss) then they crawl.

Soul shards are fine as they are tbh. I feel though we should have a 3min CD spell that "instantly gives you 1 soul shard" or something. Rng can be a real bitch sometimes and you can do 20% less dmg on a fight than you did on the try before simply because you had bad timing with trinket procs / nightfall procs.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    I need some help with this boss pls, my dps is quite low, partly because I’m having a hard time targeting the turtles, I use tiday plates but the turtles are moving too fast, also a traget macro doesn’t really help because it targets the almost dead turtles lying around..
    An addon that would target by the different marks (skull, X) would be helpful, but I guess it doesn’t exist
    Tab target, get better at clicking, or slow them so they're easier to target.

If you're playing affliction on that fight, you should have the glyph of Curse of Exhaustion and be using SB:COEx on the turtles when they spawn (or Tortos if you're having trouble targetting them, the range is large enough that it's going to hit him anyway - Remember to re-apply COElements if no one else in the raid is doing it!).

The turtles will then be moving at a snails pace, you can refresh single target COEx on one of them afterwards.

Hunter traps are also handy if you have one.

after doing some 50 odd attempts on Htortos looking to clean up a few things, is anyone using mannaroths fury as afflic on this fight? reason i ask this is on occasion my Coex would hit the first 2 shells while they are under tortos but the 3rd one would be straggling behind and not get hit by the coex, would then have to spend another shard on just that third one and because of the bug in tidy plates you cant always see which ones have the debuff without targeting them individually.

Mouseovering a tidyplate that has DoTs/Debuffs should display those DoTs. Atleast thats how mine works and then only thing I've changed 'out of the box' was hp coloring thresholds.

I noticed last night that DoTs won't appear if the target has a raid icon on it. Could possibly be an option, I just haven't looked yet.

I have a question reguarding SB:CoEx while glyphed. Is it in fact a 70% slow, or a 30% slow. I've always thought that it was 70% but have heard that I am wrong. I ran a test with another warlock dueling, however the main person disagreeing with me has stated that's not pve. I would love to hear an acual answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knazra View Post
    I have a question reguarding SB:CoEx while glyphed. Is it in fact a 70% slow, or a 30% slow. I've always thought that it was 70% but have heard that I am wrong. I ran a test with another warlock dueling, however the main person disagreeing with me has stated that's not pve. I would love to hear an acual answer.
    tooltip error.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    after doing some 50 odd attempts on Htortos looking to clean up a few things, is anyone using mannaroths fury as afflic on this fight? reason i ask this is on occasion my Coex would hit the first 2 shells while they are under tortos but the 3rd one would be straggling behind and not get hit by the coex, would then have to spend another shard on just that third one and because of the bug in tidy plates you cant always see which ones have the debuff without targeting them individually.
    Manaroths fury does not effect Soulburn: Curses. ITs really simple, when they spawn just use SB: CoEx on one of the turtles, it should hit at least 2, fi not 3 of them. If it does not get all 3 of them, then just cast a single target CoEx on the one that isnt slowed. super E-Z.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg

Deleted
    hey guys.
    is someone here also progressing horridon hc or has been? i am really struggling with the balance between doing good dps all over and put enough focus on the important targets such as the wastewalkers/venom priests/warlords etc. either i multidot the living shit out of everything - including the boss (which seems kinda important too after the first door is down due to the dmg buff) - and in that way do decent dps or i just sb:sb the focustarget and sb:seedofcorruption to get a good soulshard supply to keep haunt applied to the focustarget at nearly all times but will do rly low dps all over compared to others.
    i might just figure out some kind of balance myself at some point, but i thought maybe someone had some insight =)

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaedchen View Post
    hey guys.
    is someone here also progressing horridon hc or has been? i am really struggling with the balance between doing good dps all over and put enough focus on the important targets such as the wastewalkers/venom priests/warlords etc. either i multidot the living shit out of everything - including the boss (which seems kinda important too after the first door is down due to the dmg buff) - and in that way do decent dps or i just sb:sb the focustarget and sb:seedofcorruption to get a good soulshard supply to keep haunt applied to the focustarget at nearly all times but will do rly low dps all over compared to others.
    i might just figure out some kind of balance myself at some point, but i thought maybe someone had some insight =)
    Ah this is a great question I am in the same boat myself, any insights would be appreciated.

Hello there,

So I've been playing a lock since the beginning of 5.2 and I have a couple of questions. I'm pretty decent at playing my toon, and roll the correct addons for dot power and tracking for refreshes. BUT. First off, I'm not sure what to gem and/or reforge at my current ilvl. Sitting at 515. I know mastery was the main stat before our nerf, but now I'm not sure where to go. I feel like my single target is lacking. I'm rolling GoSup, sitting at 73% mastery and 13% haste. 9765 mastery and 5055 haste unbuffed. I see a bunch of locks leaning toward haste with goSup, and i see other ones full into mastery with GoSac. I'm not sure what to do. Any help? Could you take a look at my gear/reforges and lend any insite as to what I should do? Toon name is "boyscoutdoc" on mug'thol. MMO champ won't let me attach a link. Also, I know that the second haste threshold is 6k something and the 3rd is 9k something. What does the 5% haste from our boomy add to my haste roughly. 3k or so? So that would put my haste in raid at about 8k, which means maybe I could go for that 3rd haste threshold? But I'd drop about 2k mastery for it. AHH...which is the better stat!? Anyhow. Sorry if i seem noobish. Would really like some help and some PRO advice. Thanks in advance.

-Boyscout

Quote Originally Posted by boyscoutdoc View Post
    Hello there,

So I've been playing a lock since the beginning of 5.2 and I have a couple of questions. I'm pretty decent at playing my toon, and roll the correct addons for dot power and tracking for refreshes. BUT. First off, I'm not sure what to gem and/or reforge at my current ilvl. Sitting at 515. I know mastery was the main stat before our nerf, but now I'm not sure where to go. I feel like my single target is lacking. I'm rolling GoSup, sitting at 73% mastery and 13% haste. 9765 mastery and 5055 haste unbuffed. I see a bunch of locks leaning toward haste with goSup, and i see other ones full into mastery with GoSac. I'm not sure what to do. Any help? Could you take a look at my gear/reforges and lend any insite as to what I should do? Toon name is "boyscoutdoc" on mug'thol. MMO champ won't let me attach a link. Also, I know that the second haste threshold is 6k something and the 3rd is 9k something. What does the 5% haste from our boomy add to my haste roughly. 3k or so? So that would put my haste in raid at about 8k, which means maybe I could go for that 3rd haste threshold? But I'd drop about 2k mastery for it. AHH...which is the better stat!? Anyhow. Sorry if i seem noobish. Would really like some help and some PRO advice. Thanks in advance.

-Boyscout
    Haste. Why haste? Not only is it good for affliction GoSup in general, it's universal with the new PPM trinkets, the same rule you are using for gemming straight mastery you will want to flip and gem for straight haste, i.e:

Quick for yellow sockets, reckless for red and Lightning for blue.

The following breakpoints are relevant:
    6637(Unstable) > 9211 (Corruption) > 9778(Agony) > 12,439(Unstable) > 13,157(Agony) > 13,737 (Corruption)

I would prioritize Agony and Unstable breakpoints but hitting corruption if you can is never wrong, go for whichever one your current gear can handle. There's no set in stone breakpoint but I see 13,737 being big as people get gear, but currently 9778 is the most chosen.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-04-05 at 04:29 AM.

Kink pre much got it, I was too mastery build but the other week reforged/gemed to haste(9778) and noticed a good increase of dmg and more trinket procs. Definitely the way to go imo.

9778 seems to be the sweet spot until you have 530+ ilvl.
    www.method.gg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    9778 seems to be the sweet spot until you have 530+ ilvl.
    I'll echo this, while haste is a strong stat, mastery and haste still scale in synergy with each other - in 520 gear, pushing too far past 9778 seems to butcher your mastery.

I just finished up Iron Qon heroic which is a semi demanding dps check. I had 9778 haste full mastery go sac to start, was blah. Tried it again with go sup, blah. Went extreme haste go sup and it was obnoxiously better.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ramma/advanced

I've gotten the best numbers out of that set-up and also that extreme haste reforge/gemming also is amazing with Twin Consorts heroic.

Wouldn't recommend that set-up if you go off spec Destro for Durmu but to each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    I just finished up Iron Qon heroic which is a semi demanding dps check. I had 9778 haste full mastery go sac to start, was blah. Tried it again with go sup, blah. Went extreme haste go sup and it was obnoxiously better.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ramma/advanced

I've gotten the best numbers out of that set-up and also that extreme haste reforge/gemming also is amazing with Twin Consorts heroic.

Wouldn't recommend that set-up if you go off spec Destro for Durmu but to each their own.
    What? Being 141 haste away from an extra corruption tick and being over the hit cap? :>
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality