tbh it looks as though this trick can be used in multiple fights (horridon, council, tortos, meggy, dark animus) and im thinking this is going to make BoTH and Lei shens trinket bis, over wushoolays. At least for this specific strat

If you have the UVLS, then it's worth doing the soul swap/super dots strat. (Even if you don't it's still worth it).

Here's what a council parse with it done well looks like :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7312&e=7810

(I'm "Mydaddy" and I don't have the UVLS trinket because IT NEVER DROPS ON BONUS ROLLS ETC). X has the UVLS trinket and his only role on this fight is to roll the dots.

I'm not given that luxury, I have to stun and slow the Loa Spirits as well as kill the Twisted Fates.

He buffs 4 targets with 100% crit dots and rotates them. take it off of 1, put it on 2, take it off 3 and put it on 1, take it off 4 and put it on 3, take it off 2 and put it on 4, take it off 1 and put it on 2, take it off 3 and put it on 1, take it off 4 and put it on 3, etc, etc. Occasionally SB:SS the loa spirit, but other wise concentrate on dot rolling. It's tricky and easy to lose track of who's where as Kazrajin is rolling around and Marli is over in Narnia most of the time.

It's much easier on other fights like Magaera and Tortos.

The UVLS trinket is pretty key though, otherwise it's suboptimal, but still worth it.

On a fight like council I've tried getting super dots on 3 and exhaling each onto the fourth, but I've prob spent the entire fight just constantly exhaling. So I tried just 2 and it's a little better but I really don't know if I'm maximizing my damage like this. Anyone got tips on this? Is it worth it to use the glyph of everlasting affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    If you have the UVLS, then it's worth doing the soul swap/super dots strat. (Even if you don't it's still worth it).

(I'm "Mydaddy" and I don't have the UVLS trinket because IT NEVER DROPS ON BONUS ROLLS ETC). X has the UVLS trinket and his only role on this fight is to roll the dots.

I'm not given that luxury, I have to stun and slow the Loa Spirits as well as kill the Twisted Fates.

He buffs 4 targets with 100% crit dots and rotates them. take it off of 1, put it on 2, take it off 3 and put it on 1, take it off 4 and put it on 3, take it off 2 and put it on 4, take it off 1 and put it on 2, take it off 3 and put it on 1, take it off 4 and put it on 3, etc, etc. Occasionally SB:SS the loa spirit, but other wise concentrate on dot rolling. It's tricky and easy to lose track of who's where as Kazrajin is rolling around and Marli is over in Narnia most of the time.

The UVLS trinket is pretty key though, otherwise it's suboptimal, but still worth it.
    Yeah I get that; I just had a few follow up points of confusion though:

1) Doesn't that style mean that you can only ever have it on 3 of the 4 targets on council?
    2) Why do some of the top parses on WoL use grimoire of sac when it sounds like doing that would give you very little time to MG/DS?

So you don't mg at all? just keep exhaling?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    Yeah I get that; I just had a few follow up points of confusion though:

1) Doesn't that style mean that you can only ever have it on 3 of the 4 targets on council?
    2) Why do some of the top parses on WoL use grimoire of sac when it sounds like doing that would give you very little time to MG/DS?
    1. Yes. If you start with 3 you can only have it on 2. If you start with 4 you can only have it on 3... Best bet is to start with 4 and eventually you'll end up with 3, then 2 as you'll inevitably lose track (unless you're really really good).

2. Not sure. But some good parses there are MG ticks. In this case he's Haunting instead of MGing.

Not sure if everlasting affliction is worth it as it only extends corruption, which isn't the problem. It's unstable affliction that is the problem as it's duration is relatively short and is the dot you inevitably lose from your targets.

1. Yes. If you start with 3 you can only have it on 2. If you start with 4 you can only have it on 3... Best bet is to start with 4 and eventually you'll end up with 3, then 2 as you'll inevitably lose track (unless you're really really good).

2. Not sure. But some good parses there are MG ticks. In this case he's Haunting instead of MGing.

Not sure if everlasting affliction is worth it as it only extends corruption, which isn't the problem. It's unstable affliction that is the problem as it's duration is relatively short and is the dot you inevitably lose from your targets.
    Ok, that's what I thought. And yeah - I assume since you're never soul swapping dots on that you have a ton of shards at all times; maybe giving the ticking dots a 30% boost is more DPS than MGing for a brief window; I'd have to do the math there.

Also - since UA is 14 seconds and soul swapping over 3 times is 6 GCDs, you'd still have 5 seconds in which to channel MG before the soonest UA was about to fall off. I guess you could squeeze in a little. I'll have to do some testing in LFR or on 4 target dummies or something since we're through the easy heroics and about to start council progression. I was all excited to use my imp horde as demo but now I guess I'll have to practice my inhale/exhale breathing technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    Ok, that's what I thought. And yeah - I assume since you're never soul swapping dots on that you have a ton of shards at all times; maybe giving the ticking dots a 30% boost is more DPS than MGing for a brief window; I'd have to do the math there.

Also - since UA is 14 seconds and soul swapping over 3 times is 6 GCDs, you'd still have 5 seconds in which to channel MG before the soonest UA was about to fall off. I guess you could squeeze in a little. I'll have to do some testing in LFR or on 4 target dummies or something since we're through the easy heroics and about to start council progression. I was all excited to use my imp horde as demo but now I guess I'll have to practice my inhale/exhale breathing technique.
    I need those 5 seconds to remember which target to ss to next on council lol.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:07 PM ----------

It extends the duration of all three dots.

im sure there is a more effective way to do it on council, have to wait till next lockout to try it and will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I need those 5 seconds to remember which target to ss to next on council lol.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:07 PM ----------

It extends the duration of all three dots.
    Sigh. Why are all the tooltips wrong on Battlenet.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    im sure there is a more effective way to do it on council, have to wait till next lockout to try it and will report back.
    I think the way people are doing it is probably efficient; the only thing to tweak would probably be to choose your targets and the order of rotation in such a way that the 5 seconds of downtime inbetween inhales/exhales would be spent MGing the current burn target and not just whatever target has the lowest duration remaining of UA.

Either way - I'm excited to try. This will encourage me to get my boss unit frames in better order for DoT tracking and positioning.

also looking at this log above were you guys even close to being able to kill this fight without the new swap strat? seems like a lot of really low dps from other players
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-05-10 at 05:56 PM.

Speaking of the SS technique,...what do you guys do when DS comes off cd again? Obviously your first set of dots that you are moving around are at the strongest they'll ever be (with decent trinket opener RNG), so do you just save DS for when you will SB:SS a low hp high prio add and don't want to inhale your super dots yet?

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    also looking at this log above were you guys even close to being able to kill this fight without the new swap strat? seems like a lot of really low dps from other players
    Not sure. We only started working on it on Tuesday and it dropped Thursday (probably 30 ish pulls?).

We had alot of deaths, and some specific targeting that probably lowered raid DPS.

Deleted
    Tier-15 Warlock 4-piece set bonus should now properly increase the damage of Malefic Grasp and bonus periodic damage for Drain Soul.
    Was it not working until now ?

I'm so sad at how weak affli is this tier. just give me the legendary meta gem and rppm trinkets so I have a chance to shine again. even losing to chickens and 2-button bashing rogues on damage atm. /emo

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I'm so sad at how weak affli is this tier. just give me the legendary meta gem and rppm trinkets so I have a chance to shine again. even losing to chickens and 2-button bashing rogues on damage atm. /emo
    You confuse the word weak with competitive. It's more balance this tier, which is what it should be, especially with how easy it is.

For this SS thing are you supposed to drop glyph of soul swap?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    For this SS thing are you supposed to drop glyph of soul swap?
    You're not supposed to have glyph of SS to begin with as far as I'm aware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    You're not supposed to have glyph of SS to begin with as far as I'm aware.
    if it wasnt for this crit "bug", it would be great on a fight like ra-den... swap full dots onto the anima orb ( happens every 40 seconds ), and keep your dots up on ra-den. The glyph has always had some pretty cool uses imo.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 07:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Was it not working until now ?
    also wondering this.