I ran last night on our clear trinket wise

Breath of Hydra and Wush. both thunderforge. They put out just as good numbers with the same setup as I would with Breath and UVLS. I think with the swap bug being fixed and the low uptime of UVLS duel trinkets that proc 30% + is always better. Which I am thinking of upgrading both trinkets with valor as well.
    Last edited by Cyberthug32; 2013-05-21 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    I ran last night on our clear trinket wise

Breath of Hydra and Wush. both thunderforge. They put out just as good numbers with the same setup as I would with Breath and UVLS. I think with the swap bug being fixed and the low uptime of UVLS duel trinkets that proc 30% + is always better. Which I am thinking of upgrading both trinkets with valor as well.
    Well Wush+BotH might be BiS trinkets for affliction. The thing is, affliction is pretty bad on some bosses in ToT and BotH is better for demo with UVLS(if you run affliction+demo). So its not optimal to switch Wush to Uvls when switching specs, because Wush has Hit so you would need to reforge every time you switch trinkets. Other thing i like as affliction with UVLS is the opening burst. Meta gem has 10 sec duration, so you either lose that or stacks 6 to 10 from Wush.

Why i consider Wush BiS is because you get highest possible DoT power with it and MG ticks does 50% of dot damages. With UVLS your DoTs get zero dot power(except the int from trinket itself) so it doesn't affect MG at all.

I've been thinking similar things about trinkets. Problem is the hit on Wush, there is so much +hit on gear this tier that I cannot afford to use Wush. What I would give for the stats on Wush to be +haste

Deleted
    yeah, the problem with wush is that you cant really loose enough hit to justify using it unless you switch out tier head or chest or something else with a massive amount of hit but with no haste leaving very few options.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-05-21 at 10:18 PM.

For Affliction you literally don't need to use tier pieces at all if you are replacing them with HTF gear. The bonuses do not matter.

Any Affliction specific tips for Heroic Council progression? I could just dot everything but feels like single target damage is of high necessity. Also, good talents to take? As Aff, should I be on the Loas/Twisted Fates or is the ramp up with Agony and getting Haunt on them too long?

Deleted
    Since they nerfed council hc , the fight has become quite easy atm . When i first killed it i was able to maintain dots on all "dummies " while providing 70% slow for adds and focusing twisted fates everytime.Personnaly i was haunting only twisted fates ( small adds were just dieing like instantly ).Talent wise Shadowfury / Sacpact / GoSup and glyphed CoE worked really nice for me .
    Last edited by mmocf1094b9d96; 2013-05-22 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Alright, so we are in agreeance for a while that its all about haste When reforgin etc, to increase RPPM trinkets etc.

Now this appears, posted by Sparkzz yesterday :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJTGpPTpZ-g#t=1m0s

5.3 guide explaining too much haste is bad, corruption sucks, and we should increase UA and Agony through Haste to 10K , then mastery. Which is what i was doing quite a while back.

Whadayathink ?

Deleted
    think it basically comes down to personal preference. getting to that 13,8k haste breakpoint for corruption does give you an extra chance for a nightfall proc within its duration, something that we shold never underestimate, but at the same time you shouldnt neglect mastery either, as it increases our dot's dmg, and by extention our MG/DS, i can see his reasonings for not endorsing the 13,8k breakpoint for corr, as it is our weakest dot, and getting 1% more dmg from agony, UA and corr might be better in terms of dmg.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-05-22 at 12:26 PM.

12500 haste then mastery, Is what I have been planing since corr/doom nerf.

Just a little question... If I have the UVLS proc and I update my dots... do my dots gain the 100% crit for their full duration?

I know it works this way with the other trinkets but I dont know how UVLS works.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Alright, so we are in agreeance for a while that its all about haste When reforgin etc, to increase RPPM trinkets etc.

Now this appears, posted by Sparkzz yesterday :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJTGpPTpZ-g#t=1m0s

5.3 guide explaining too much haste is bad, corruption sucks, and we should increase UA and Agony through Haste to 10K , then mastery. Which is what i was doing quite a while back.

Whadayathink ?
    It's not quite as simple as that. Corruption's damage is fairly poor, yes, but it still procs Soul Shards.

Also the difference between Haste and Mastery reforges in Simcraft is so small. Haste absolutely destroys Mastery in single target, even at absurd levels of haste. Even on 4 target sims, you get higher DPS at 13737 than you do at 9778 (which makes sense, because you also get an extra Agony tick at 13157). I would strongly suggest going for 13.7k as a general rule of thumb. There's no reason not to grab the Agony breakpoint at the very least.

Deleted
    That makes a lot of sense. So what fight a more balanced stat weighting between haste and mastery would actually be beneficial ? Over 5-6 targets multidot ?

I see, maybe only on Primordius HC? And Perhaps Horridon HC if you decide to SBSS everything instead of focusing main targets? Council is 4, Tortos is 4 without counting bats ... Any fight you are asked to heavily AoE (LeiShen, Tortos Turtles if its your duty..) we'd be destro / demo anyways.

Hey guys, quick question. When comparing my lock to others of the same ilvl, almost everyone has a fair bit more haste than me. Is my gemming and reforging flawed or is just the itemization of the pieces I have and not having BoTH? Character is Drobocop on US Durotan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drobo View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. When comparing my lock to others of the same ilvl, almost everyone has a fair bit more haste than me. Is my gemming and reforging flawed or is just the itemization of the pieces I have and not having BoTH? Character is Drobocop on US Durotan.
    Pretty much the latter. You might be able to use some expertise gems in red slots instead of int/haste and squeeze out a little more haste, but it won't be a huge deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drobo View Post
    Yeah I agree with Gremory. I would swap out those int / haste gems for exp / haste gems and go with 170 haste on gloves and if you want haste to boots. Also you have a few pieces with a socket bonus of +60int. 320 Haste or 320 Mastery is greater than 60 int. So I personally would toss in a 320 haste gem into your gloves, staff, and Ro'shak's Ring.

Between the expertise from the gems and properly reforging the hit where you need it. You can either hit the 13k haste point or very close to it.

I played around with your stats / gems / enchants on wowreforge.com. I got your haste up to 13,159. Hit to just under 5100 so you would probably be around 14.94% hit. Mastery to 7,222 rating. Takes some time and fine tuning your stats. Don't be afraid to take some mastery out and dump it into Haste. But this is all on wowreforge and it can be wonky at times with not showing the correct amount of stats. It's great for playing around with it and it can get you close at times. But treat it as a rough draft for reforging your gear.

Also before you do any of this I would highly recommend Simcrafting your character and see what it says you should do before going out on a limb.

Goodluck, hope this helps.
    Last edited by TheShade; 2013-05-22 at 10:46 PM. Reason: added some information.

Much appreciated Gremory & Shadowz. Will definitely look into your suggestions

Deleted
    So today i noticed that Seed of Corruption explodes after the first tick without any external damage sources... And if full dots are applied, it explodes before the next one arrives on the same target... I'm pretty sure you had to do more damage in 5.2 than you do now. Am i missing something here?

I would love it to be intended though, would make Affliction a lot more enjoyable in AoE scenarios.

Tested now, pretty sure nothing changed.
    Last edited by Foundead; 2013-05-23 at 08:43 AM.