1. #3861
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    I'd agree with this for those who have outstanding computers but if you have any input lag those soc's will pop before you can inhale. If you have a laggy computer I'd swap dots on all bats and unending resolve myself and spam soc.

    To add on to Xyronic's post don't forget to beg for Tricks from 3 rogues to get 22% uptime of it.
    Yes, because as a trial "begging" for tricks is a great way to make an impression. Or, it could be the fact that the rogues in the guild are smart and are tricksing the player doing the most damage on that encounter. Nice constructive statement.

    Regardless, if you ARE getting tricks, unless you get REALLY shitty trinket RNG, the only real time you are going to get any real benefit out of it is on the pull. Make sure you let the rogues know that.
    Last edited by Xyronic; 2014-02-13 at 08:05 PM.

  2. #3862
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    I'd agree with this for those who have outstanding computers but if you have any input lag those soc's will pop before you can inhale. If you have a laggy computer I'd swap dots on all bats and unending resolve myself and spam soc.

    To add on to Xyronic's post don't forget to beg for Tricks from 3 rogues to get 22% uptime of it.
    I mean, even with a 22% up time on a 15% damage buff, that's still only about 3% dps increase overall. With no tricks he would've done 1.18m dps in the end, which isn't bad either.

  3. #3863
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Yes, because as a trial "begging" for tricks is a great way to make an impression. Or, it could be the fact that the rogues in the guild are smart and are tricksing the player doing the most damage on that encounter. Nice constructive statement.

    Regardless, if you ARE getting tricks, unless you get REALLY shitty trinket RNG, the only real time you are going to get any real benefit out of it is on the pull. Make sure you let the rogues know that.
    xD lol xD xD

  4. #3864
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Make sure you let the rogues know that.
    make them use a focus buff weakaura dumdum

  5. #3865
    Is corruption stronger with a haste proc like meta gem or int procs like KTT and Bindings? Sometimes I'll have corruption up with an int proc and I proc meta gem later is it worth it to refresh?

  6. #3866
    Brewmaster Cherrypowdah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxate View Post
    Is corruption stronger with a haste proc like meta gem or int procs like KTT and Bindings? Sometimes I'll have corruption up with an int proc and I proc meta gem later is it worth it to refresh?
    Have both, if you're playing on a fight with multiple targets you can usually extend your initial dots for the 2 mins it takes for bindings to proc again. If not possible you'll never be starved on soulshards anyways assuming you have enough haste in the first place and using your haunts correctly/not wasting shards on sb:ss when its not needed you'll go with the highest int procs

    - - - Updated - - -

    None of you seem to have covered that you can cheat input lag with travelspeed, @ max range travelspeed for SOC is always 1.5 seconds, you can place your demonic portal next to a boss, cast SOC from max range, buying more time to get the soulswap. if not fucking up this is extremely useful when extending dots doing following > Dots, blood @ 6 stacks > soc from 40 yd > sb:ss > soulswap, you'll have the SoC as extra dmg for atleast 3 soulswaps before it runs out of juice and explodes before your gcd goes off. Afterwards you can keep on doing your normal singletarget rotation in the 2.8sec window between soulswaps

  7. #3867

  8. #3868

  9. #3869
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If I understand Affliction correctly, basically keep your DoTs up, use Haunt whenever you have soul shards, use Malefic Grasp when target is above 20% health, then use Soul Drain when below 20.. Simcraft says I should be doing 94,000 DPS to target dummy, yet I can't get above 80,000. lol

  10. #3870
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    If I understand Affliction correctly, basically keep your DoTs up, use Haunt whenever you have soul shards, use Malefic Grasp when target is above 20% health, then use Soul Drain when below 20.. Simcraft says I should be doing 94,000 DPS to target dummy, yet I can't get above 80,000. lol
    You don't. Recast your dots when you get procs (i strongly recommend you to dl Affdots if you struggle with snapshotting). Use haunt whenever you have buffed dots (obviously never sit at 4 shards).
    Also, you need to have at least LMG and 540-550+ ilvl if you really want to pull decent numbers.
    Last edited by Dragosh; 2014-03-03 at 05:55 PM.

  11. #3871
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    I mean, even with a 22% up time on a 15% damage buff, that's still only about 3% dps increase overall. With no tricks he would've done 1.18m dps in the end, which isn't bad either.
    Are you not familiar with snapshotting?

  12. #3872
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragosh View Post
    You don't. Recast your dots when you get procs (i strongly recommend you to dl Affdots if you struggle with snapshotting). Use haunt whenever you have buffed dots (obviously never sit at 4 shards).
    Also, you need to have at least LMG and 540-550+ ilvl if you really want to pull decent numbers.
    Oh. I'll give it a shot, thanks for the tips.

  13. #3873
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Oh. I'll give it a shot, thanks for the tips.
    The video in the main post goes into a fair bit of detail on advanced play.

  14. #3874
    Herald of the Titans Keosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    2,891
    Silly questions roundup for a new warlock.
    I'm fairly low ilevel at the moment since recently got to 90 and trying to familiarize myself with affliction.
    1) Is casting haunt on multiple target viable?
    2) Apply dots with SB:SS only for pull-like-procs-amount else haunt, is this correct?
    3) Keeping (unbuffed) dots up on all targets > casting MG?
    4) Is RoF useless?
    5) Renew dots out of the optimal pandemic window it's a dps loss?

    More silly questions will follow.

  15. #3875
    1) Only if you're capping out on soul shards and don't want to overwrite any of your dots with SB:SS.
    2) Usually refresh with SB:SS during procs and when all dots get buffed.
    3) Yes since MG was nerfed to the ground you just want to spread your dots all over the place. Only exception is when targets die too fast. Use your own judgment to tell if its worth it over using globals on something else.
    4) Yes. Remove it from your bars.
    5) Pandemic lets you reapply dots with <50% less of their standard duration without a penalty. You only refresh them with >50% if the dots will become significantly stronger.

  16. #3876
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    1) Only if you're capping out on soul shards and don't want to overwrite any of your dots with SB:SS.
    2) Usually refresh with SB:SS during procs and when all dots get buffed.
    3) Yes since MG was nerfed to the ground you just want to spread your dots all over the place. Only exception is when targets die too fast. Use your own judgment to tell if its worth it over using globals on something else.
    4) Yes. Remove it from your bars.
    5) Pandemic lets you reapply dots with <50% less of their standard duration without a penalty. You only refresh them with >50% if the dots will become significantly stronger.
    RoF is not useless at all. i use it for immerseus and siegecrafter where the adds you would normaly seed dies so fast that ur seeds wont have their full effect whereas RoF ticks like 3 times per second and is a great aoe. ive crit up to 200k with RoF+MF as affli.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

  17. #3877
    Mind sharing logs? Not saying you're wrong, it just made me curious.

  18. #3878
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Mind sharing logs? Not saying you're wrong, it just made me curious.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=99

    I use rain of fire + MF on fights where adds just dissapear, which is pretty much immerseus and siegecrafter atm, tho i might consider it on sha of pride also as its hard to get many seeds off before everything is dead, where rain of fire ticks rly fast.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

  19. #3879
    Interesting. I might try it out. Thanks for pointing out its actual strength.

  20. #3880
    anyone tried SoC+MF on immerseus to hit the adds?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •