10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerli View Post
    One question about seed of corruption : is it possible now to have SoC and corruption active on the same target ? I remember in wow 4.x it wasn't. Getting SoC on a target would just remove the corruption.
    Yes, you can now have Corr. and SoC on target. You need it too if you want to explode SoC in decent time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yes, you can now have Corr. and SoC on target. You need it too if you want to explode SoC in decent time.
    Thanks. That's great, and changes the way we aoe. It means you can SB+SoC and then SoC every target, right ?

I guess I've missed that in the 5.0 changes and in the affliction guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerli View Post
    Thanks. That's great, and changes the way we aoe. It means you can SB+SoC and then SoC every target, right ?

I guess I've missed that in the 5.0 changes and in the affliction guide.
    Yes it was mentioned in the guide, I believe. In any case, just for clarity, you want to SB+SoC a target that you have Agony on. Then proceed to SoC as many other mobs as possible and you will frontload a massive amount of damage before the damage from Agony causes the original SoC to burst. Once the original bursts it blows up the other SoCs you have up on the group, and places Cor on them all as well.

Is it worth going for the 6637 haste(UA 9 ticks) breakpoint?
    I can hit that if i gem for haste but i lose int and mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    best thing i would say is to sim it. although if you have to regem for full haste, probably not.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I won't say either way on this, but like Kaamila I'm leaning towards not. Haste thresholds are good to meet for each level of each tick, if possible, but as stated before the Cor ones are really the only ones we need to "sacrifice" any other stat for. Cor ticks>all other ticks because of their ability to proc a shard. But definitely sim it, test it, see what you come up with. I, for one, am extremely interested to see what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    I won't say either way on this, but like Kaamila I'm leaning towards not. Haste thresholds are good to meet for each level of each tick, if possible, but as stated before the Cor ones are really the only ones we need to "sacrifice" any other stat for. Cor ticks>all other ticks because of their ability to proc a shard. But definitely sim it, test it, see what you come up with. I, for one, am extremely interested to see what you find.
    if i can get that damn elegon trinket(has yet to drop) id be able to reach that cap without reforging and regemming and test it out but raid drops hate me
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    if i can get that damn elegon trinket(has yet to drop) id be able to reach that cap without reforging and regemming and test it out but raid drops hate me
    Never mind that lovely trinket, I want to get rid of all my damn crit!

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    This may make you sick, or possibly give you hope. My guild's first kill of him he dropped 1, that I was given. After it was awarded to me, our Ele Sham, Spriest, and Boomkin proceeded to use the extra rolls and ALL received it from bonus loot. Was pretty lolwtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    This may make you sick, or possibly give you hope. My guild's first kill of him he dropped 1, that I was given. After it was awarded to me, our Ele Sham, Spriest, and Boomkin proceeded to use the extra rolls and ALL received it from bonus loot. Was pretty lolwtf?
    oh god lol. ya something similar happened on our heroic gara'jal kill. agi leather shoulders dropped, our casters(mage/priest/me) and the rogue used tokens. they all won shoulders from the bonus rolls and the rogue ended up with 2 agi leather shoulders lol.

Had to change gems and reforge ingame since damn chardev aint working with all items and this is what i got
    -93664 DPS with 4737 haste
    -93561 DPS with 6673 haste
    So there's basically no difference at this levels of gear. The dmg gained on UA gets nullified by the dmg lost on agony and corruption.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-10-23 at 02:11 PM.

Had to change gems and reforge ingame since damn chardev aint working with all items and this is what i got
    -93664 DPS with 4737 haste
    -93561 DPS with 6673 haste
    So there's basically no difference at this levels of gear. The dmg gained on UA gets nullified by the dmg lost on agony and corruption.
    I'm surprised that you're at 4717 Haste. It's never simmed better than 4198 Haste for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    I'm surprised that you're at 4717 Haste. It's never simmed better than 4198 Haste for me.
    It sims about 100 dps better for me.

In OTHER news - I updated the front post a bit and added a new VIDEO to the start of the post to hopefully help some of you that are struggling to do well as Affliction. It explains making the most of your Int procs and stacking Haunt to accelerate your DPS .

Video again here:

Well that video cleared up a lot of what I was questioning about my reforges and such. I love you Evrelia Thank you for everything you've contributed to the warlock community.

Yup, that kind of video IS a great help for the community.

It would also be great if you could developp the "Helpfull tips" section. You did wrote some "good tips" on it (like the int snapshot) but a "no-good-tips" (like NOT refreshing your buffed dots early) would also help. Also, a section dedicated to boss encounters would make you guild whole.

Thanks for your work !

PS : what does kungen "panda safeguard" macro means ? oO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    PS : what does kungen "panda safeguard" macro means ? oO
    Can't watch videos at work due to it messing up my work, but assuming it's in Swedish, tell me what it says and I'll translate it for you.

Na nothing, he's just yelling "Panda Tanking SAFEGARD !!!!!" Si I was curious ^^

Deleted
    Oh, then it's probably just this.

did some simming on my char. my first sim was around 5600 haste and 4600 mastery, with about 14.6% hit(orc w/ wand) and got 88,683 dps. second sim was 4717 haste, 5600 mastery and same hit for 88,696 dps. 3rd sim was 4198 haste, 5900 mastery and hit cap, and got 88,818 dps.

the first sim being my original setup after i upgraded acouple pieces. if i can get my hands on elegon trinket(yet to drop) i can run a sim for the 6637 UA tick(also getting another agony tick at 6400, non-goblin) and not having to reforge/regem anything
    Last edited by kaamila; 2012-10-24 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    As the person above, I've also been messing around with simcraft and these haste thresholds. I've noticed something that makes me think there's a problem with simcraft (or haste calculations) though. I compared two sets of results, the first was from sims with 4500 haste and the second from sims with 4931 haste (These numbers were due to just making one reforge (mastery>haste) then importing). In both sets of results the number of ticks from coruption was the same, at around 289 ticks for both sims (give or take one or two). Now with an extra tick from corruption at 4717 haste, you'd think think the second set of results would be showing alot more ticks.

For both sims raid haste was in place and DS was unglyphed.

Haste calculations are from a spreadsheet (not mine) that I cannot post a link to until I've posted a few times in the forums, Y u no trust peef, mmo champion?!

Well anyway, the spreadsheet I have agrees with this forum and other forums that there's an 11th tick of corruption at 4717 haste, so maybe it's just simcraft that's broken? Or maybe I'm missing something, since I'm still fairly new to theorycrafting with simcraft.