Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nical/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1zl36fkugqoeaqlt/

recently rerolled warlock for raids and I am still not sure for reforges and rotations etc, if anyone could help me out please that would be great.
    Your reforges are good but you're not in the gear to start gemming for straight mastery, I don't believe you gem for a secondary stat until its worth half of intel, which you can find out through your stat weights.
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-11-01 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NormadSoulII View Post
    I have a 470 IVL. I looked at ASK Mr. Robot. It has two options either to build or hit cap haste and mastery build.

Hit cap build - 14.90% hit cap, 10.72% haste or haste build - 14.55% haste and 9.34% hit?

Which one suits me? (raid build)

My armor: Henrietta
    If you wish to go for a hit cap build, don't go for mr robot IMO. MR robot never goes over the hit cap if it cant exactly reach it, so if you wish to get hitcapped, use wowreforge instead and make up fictional scale factors.

If you just want best DPS and can handle misses, go for the non-hit one, if you absolutely cant miss stuff (elegon10 for example) or hate missing stuff and think its annoying, cap it.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Your reforges are good but you're not in the gear to start gemming for straight mastery, I don't believe you gem for a secondary stat until its worth half of intel, which you can find out through your stat weights.
    thanks for replying, however using askmrrobot for stat weights my mastery value is over half of my int, so I think that means i should stack mastery now ?

edit: sorry sorta noobish when it comes to stat weights and values

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    thanks for replying, however using askmrrobot for stat weights my mastery value is over half of my int, so I think that means i should stack mastery now ?

edit: sorry sorta noobish when it comes to stat weights and values
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...imulationCraft
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

At the end of a fight, would it be a dps increase to chuck out a few haunts to keep my shards from full?

Quote Originally Posted by PAlsi View Post
    At the end of a fight, would it be a dps increase to chuck out a few haunts to keep my shards from full?
    Not actually thought about it much, but I have a feeling spamming haunt with sacrifice is probably worth it, not sure tho without sacrifice.

Agony tooltip and wowhead damage formula are wrong. Easy to test out by just comparing individual tick damage and by drinking mastery elixir. Can someone help me find actual formula?

My character has 200 intellect when naked, but only 190 spellpower. Blizzard stealing my dps?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Agony tooltip and wowhead damage formula are wrong. Easy to test out by just comparing individual tick damage and by drinking mastery elixir. Can someone help me find actual formula?

My character has 200 intellect when naked, but only 190 spellpower. Blizzard stealing my dps?
    its a conspiracy!!

my question is, if the rule of thumb is to keep mastery ~300 above haste, how low can your haste drop before this stops being true, im in ~470 ilvl but with too much crit, and i can only reach thye 4198 breakpoint if i reforge almost completely for haste (i refuse to not be hit capped)

I figured out Agony formula.
    It's (280+(spd*0.26)) * ((100+mastery%)/100) for the 10 stack tick. 1 stack tick is 20% of 10 stack tick damage , 30% for second tick, 40% for third etc.
    So 5.1 Agony change is probably just a tooltip update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    I figured out Agony formula.
    It's (280+(spd*0.26)) * ((100+mastery%)/100) for the 10 stack tick. 1 stack tick is 20% of 10 stack tick damage , 30% for second tick, 40% for third etc.
    So 5.1 Agony change is probably just a tooltip update.
    I think most of us figured it had to be something like that, and not the giant nerf some people feared it would be. Thanks for checking it out and getting to the bottom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlsi View Post
    Only keep the debuff up, don't spam it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Only keep the debuff up, don't spam it.
    This, Drain Soul ticks will probably do more damage than Haunt. Use Soul Shards to refresh DoTs and maintain 100% Haunt uptime during execute, this should give you pretty awesome DPS.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    This, Drain Soul ticks will probably do more damage than Haunt. Use Soul Shards to refresh DoTs and maintain 100% Haunt uptime during execute, this should give you pretty awesome DPS.
    Exactly what these two said. You may be thinking, but my haunt can crit like well above 200k! But the fact is, you are losing the ghost ticks from all of your other DoTs while channeling DS sub 20%. Sure DS doesn't hit quite as hard, but at the same time you aren't getting your bonus ghost ticks from EVERY other DoT and DS still hits and crits pretty ridiculously sometimes.

What castbar addon is everyone using to track MG? I'm a fan of gnosis but they have yet to update the addon to show the ticks. I think there is a way to add a spell into gnosis and possibly make it show the ticks. I'd rather not mess it up and end up clipping my MG at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoxic View Post
    What castbar addon is everyone using to track MG? I'm a fan of gnosis but they have yet to update the addon to show the ticks. I think there is a way to add a spell into gnosis and possibly make it show the ticks. I'd rather not mess it up and end up clipping my MG at the wrong time.
    Quartz here. I've always liked the animation as well as it adding latency and channeling ticks. I just turn off everything else in the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoxic View Post
    Go to the wowace site and download the most recent alpha version of gnosis. They've added MG to it.

Hi!
    I'm very new to aff. Never used it before. This char was made doing destruction dmg, but this is the 2. time its not worth to try it. Now my raid adviced to go aff...
    My gear, as i see, is mainly good for des, but not for aff because i ve a lot of crits, but cant reforge them to get haste cap.
    Which stats would be good for me? Hit capped or non capped?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tyraen/simple
    How do you manage shards? I ve read nearly everywere to keep DoT-s always up just like the haunt. But if i dont get nightfall, how should i get shards, to do this? Always soul swaping after an int proc makes it also difficult.
    Some say, that using DS is not worth to get shards back, so this is not solving my problems, i think so.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraen View Post
    Hi!
    I'm very new to aff. Never used it before. This char was made doing destruction dmg, but this is the 2. time its not worth to try it. Now my raid adviced to go aff...
    My gear, as i see, is mainly good for des, but not for aff because i ve a lot of crits, but cant reforge them to get haste cap.
    Which stats would be good for me? Hit capped or non capped?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tyraen/simple
    How do you manage shards? I ve read nearly everywere to keep DoT-s always up just like the haunt. But if i dont get nightfall, how should i get shards, to do this? Always soul swaping after an int proc makes it also difficult.
    Some say, that using DS is not worth to get shards back, so this is not solving my problems, i think so.
    Thank you!
    Please tell me this is a troll.. if not, that was not nearly coherent enough to even get a decent response...

Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    Please tell me this is a troll.. if not, that was not nearly coherent enough to even get a decent response...
    It s not a troll. What do you think why i wrote these? Because i dont know aff, even after reading pages and looking videos. I was ALWAYS destruction, and i never ever played aff.
    Whats your problem with the q-s?
    I asked if hit cap is better or non capped is better in a destruction gear, with a lot of crits, but very low haste? I managed with reforges and gems only 4k haste with 5,4k mastery. This is when im hit capped.
    The other questions were coherent for me, if not than sorry. How do you get soul shards back if nightfall WILL NOT proc, and you used up all on soul swap and haunt because you ve to have it always on?
    Thx
    Last edited by Tyraen; 2012-11-02 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Quartz here. I've always liked the animation as well as it adding latency and channeling ticks. I just turn off everything else in the addon.
    I use quartz too, but the channeling ticks are usually not calculated, they're just there for show. Get any kind of haste, and it's GG. I just refresh MG at about .4 seconds until end.