10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Alchemy Trinket - DMC trinket - Synapse Spring - Jade enchant - Tricks - DS - BL - Occasional mechanic buffs - 4k int pot - Warrs banners...

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS ADDON.

(will u ever make this for the other lock specs as well ?)
    Don't think the other lock specs really need it. Destro certainly not, with just Immo and Immo not being a big source of damage. Demo is less certain, but Doom will pretty much allways be buffed by DS anyway, and it lasts so long you won't be refreshing it much, and Corruption is constantly refreshed when in Meta spamming ToC so gets use only in caster form.

Don't think it's worth the time to set it up for the other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Don't think the other lock specs really need it. Destro certainly not, with just Immo and Immo not being a big source of damage. Demo is less certain, but Doom will pretty much allways be buffed by DS anyway, and it lasts so long you won't be refreshing it much, and Corruption is constantly refreshed when in Meta spamming ToC so gets use only in caster form.

Don't think it's worth the time to set it up for the other specs.
    Yes, that was pretty much what I was thinking. Affliction is very unique, most of it's damage is dot related, so it is extremely important to know when to refresh dots and when not to. Currently no plans for other specs.

This addon is a godsend. Thank you!

One thing I would like to see worked on with it, is ability to change the sizing of the bar. I play on a 32" monitor so the size is pretty underwhelming, but other than that works really well!

10+ Year Old Account
    The size works for me. I tried it as a replacement for my dot timers, but the size of the block is actually too big to fit in there, and because it's in the middle of my screen and the addon is always visible I didn't like it there.

So I now moved it to where I have a block of Weak aura's that show what procs I have up, and it sits well there. I can comfortably see the changing colours in my field of vision and react to them, while not having them in my prime screen real estate.

I can simply glance over there if I see it going blue or green and have a quick look to see how many procs I have going. For some reason the basic colours of the addon make it easier to process in the heat of battle then my block of auras for procs I have set up there. Hell, if you replaced the addon by 3 small circles that changed colour to indicate proc state, it would still work for me, so I don't care much about the size or visuals at this point.

Now this would be incredible if it was incorporated in something like forte or if it had customizable options !

Ideas:
    -On/Off combat feature (hide out of combat)
    -Size options
    -Hide/Unhide numbers
    -Bars instead of numbers for timers
    -% of difference instead of numbers, (negative if its a loss)
    -Thresholds based on these % (example: doesn't show blue when the gain is below 4% damage gain)
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-11-09 at 04:40 AM.

This addon looks very useful but i'd like a haunt debuff track into it as well so i can replace class timers with it, also an hide out of combat option would be very nice.

Thank you a thousand times over for this add-on, I barely need to track my DoT timers anymore because this addons tells me when I can refresh them AND at the best time... I'm overwhelmed with thanks, brilliant add-on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome addon, would love to see bar timers so I could just use it as my DoT timers for afflic.

Focus Target timers would be sick too =P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    I created an addon to keep track of your dot power.

Since it is my first attempt to write addon, it is beta for now.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots
    Excellent addon, it does exactly what I need from a dot power/pandemic tracker, 0 issues so far as well.

What do you do during execute phase?For example if UA goes off do you refresh it asap or do you wait when you can also refresh other dots using Soulburn?Do you refresh haunt all the time or just keep DSing?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    What do you do during execute phase?For example if UA goes off do you refresh it asap or do you wait when you can also refresh other dots using Soulburn?Do you refresh haunt all the time or just keep DSing?
    This is explained both in the guide and in the video. You always keep your DoTs and Haunt active during the execute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, since Ridcully has now made his thread I would like everyone to continue discussion about the Affdots addon in there, so this thread can go on to be the Affliction main discussion.

The Affdots addon thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-of-dot-power

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    This is explained both in the guide and in the video. You always keep your DoTs and Haunt active during the execute.
    If you don't mind me asking, taking a look at your armory I noticed you're gemming for all mastery, while also gemming/enchanting for some haste. It looks like you did the haste gem/enchant to reach the 6637 breakpoint(Extra UA/Agony ticks I think), not sure if you were just testing it or if it was for a certain fight? just curious =]

How do you guys maximize DPS on Garalon? I run out of shards really fast trying to SB/SS the legs but my DPS seems to suck if I just manually cast DoTs on everything. Warriors/Rogues obviously crush me but I've even been beat by Shadow Priests in similar gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    How do you guys maximize DPS on Garalon? I run out of shards really fast trying to SB/SS the legs but my DPS seems to suck if I just manually cast DoTs on everything. Warriors/Rogues obviously crush me but I've even been beat by Shadow Priests in similar gear.
    Having all those Corruptions up should replenish your shards pretty fast. Keep up DoTs on as many targets as you can with SB:SS and focus dps on the main body. There should only be one leg up at a time after the start, anyway.

I have a couple of question regardless mostly of bosses I be glad if someone can took some time to help me out.

Stone Guards HC- You pop Doomguard right way on the pull, or after tilles are light up?

Feng HC- Which rotation you're doing on AOE, shadow phase? I'm doing SB:SOC, tab SOC in all targets but for some reason my AOE it's so weak.

Gara'jal HC- On spirit realm you multi-dot everthing or you SB: SOC and kill the add with the lowest health to regain shards?

Will of the Emperor- YOu dot everthing here included bosses or you main focus on rages,strenght, courage and let dots fade from bosses since you're regain shards?

HOF:
    Lord Tay'ak- On last phase which way you're doing to survive or dodge from tornados while running? It's a risk using Burning Rush imo, people are using defensive cd's and popping Burning Rush?

Garalon- From WOL i saw many locks doing +100k dps, I can only push around 80k here, you guys are dpsing Garalon inside the blue circles? Cause I'm not allowed to do such thing or you are multi-dot everthing? Cause our tactic( range team) consists only to main focus on garalon.

Amber- Another fight that I saw locks doing crazy damage, I can only pull 110-115 here, locks are doing crazy damage here because of vehicles? They just stay there until the rest of the fight? And they are multi-dot everthing SB:SS but if you dont have a Soul Shard, you dot everthing manually or it's a dps loss?

And can someone check my armory to see if I have some flaws? Atm running 14%. Armory Eu- Vort, Server Ravenholdt
    Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-11-12 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    I have a couple of question regardless mostly of bosses I be glad if someone can took some time to help me out.

Stone Guards HC- You pop Doomguard right way on the pull, or after tilles are light up?

Feng HC- Which rotation you're doing on AOE, shadow phase? I'm doing SB:SOC, tab SOC in all targets but for some reason my AOE it's so weak.

Gara'jal HC- On spirit realm you multi-dot everthing or you SB: SOC and kill the add with the lowest health to regain shards?

Will of the Emperor- YOu dot everthing here included bosses or you main focus on rages,strenght, courage and let dots fade from bosses since you're regain shards?

HOF:
    Lord Tay'ak- On last phase which way you're doing to survive or dodge from tornados while running? It's a risk using Burning Rush imo, people are using defensive cd's and popping Burning Rush?

Garalon- From WOL i saw many locks doing +100k dps, I can only push around 80k here, you guys are dpsing Garalon inside the blue circles? Cause I'm not allowed to do such thing or you are multi-dot everthing? Cause our tactic( range team) consists only to main focus on garalon.

Amber- Another fight that I saw locks doing crazy damage, I can only pull 110-115 here, locks are doing crazy damage here because of vehicles? They just stay there until the rest of the fight? And they are multi-dot everthing SB:SS but if you dont have a Soul Shard, you dot everthing manually or it's a dps loss?

And can someone check my armory to see if I have some flaws? Atm running 14%. Armory Eu- Vort, Server Ravenholdt
    Thanks for your time.

1 - After tiles
    2 - SB: SoC on Feng as they spawn, Havest Life spam after. SoC takes too long to be effective there.
    3 - SB SoC and SB:SS the add closest to the middle of the room. Nuke it down to get shards back, spread SB:SS to other mobs in the room. Repeat.
    4 - Keep DoTs up on everything. Use Fel Imp with supremacy. Your dps will suck for the first two minutes, but will pick up throughout the fight.

5 - Not sure what you mean. Don't touch the tornados. I use burning rush only if I feel I need it to avoid one quickly. :3
    6 - Keep DoTs up on all the legs, single nuke Garalon. Don't bother with the circles.
    7 - SB: SoC the boss when all adds are together, this puts corruption on all mobs = many shards. Use those Shards to SB:SS as many as possible.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    4 - Keep DoTs up on everything. Use Fel Imp with supremacy. Your dps will suck for the first two minutes, but will pick up throughout the fight.
    Could you please clarify what is the reason to using Fel Imp with supremacy on this fight? Thank you.