Wanted to ask as I have an affliction warlock alt (currently 86 lvl but want to get her to 90 asap).Is fel fire a viable way to keep ua and corruption up?I mean it adds 6 seconds to each dot it is on one gcd without a casting time (unlike unstable affliction) or ua should be kept up manually along with corruption?of course fel fire should be popped during movement phases in particular fights but asking if it's a sollution to use in the normal rotation instead of "hard" casting ua.

Quote Originally Posted by Plwmar View Post
    Wanted to ask as I have an affliction warlock alt (currently 86 lvl but want to get her to 90 asap).Is fel fire a viable way to keep ua and corruption up?I mean it adds 6 seconds to each dot it is on one gcd without a casting time (unlike unstable affliction) or ua should be kept up manually along with corruption?of course fel fire should be popped during movement phases in particular fights but asking if it's a sollution to use in the normal rotation instead of "hard" casting ua.
    In order to refresh to the full 12s duration, you would need to fel flame 2x. This makes it waste 2 GCDs as opposed to 1 GCD to fully refresh. This is especially important at level 90 when we get Pandemic passive, and can refresh 50% beyond the base duration.

In short, you should be hardcasting them.

both of paragons warlocks are less than 11% hit going hard mastery. is that the best option?

Thank you very much.My bad then.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotStanima View Post
    both of paragons warlocks are less than 11% hit going hard mastery. is that the best option?
    It is for them. For you, who knows? That's for you to work out using the many tools available. Personally I'd rather be hit capped, but that's because I have the attention span of a fish and often don't react quickly enough (without standing in fire).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    In order to refresh to the full 12s duration, you would need to fel flame 2x. This makes it waste 2 GCDs as opposed to 1 GCD to fully refresh. This is especially important at level 90 when we get Pandemic passive, and can refresh 50% beyond the base duration.

In short, you should be hardcasting them.
    Well if you are only 86 and questing you don't have to. Questing for me was (and is!) SB:SS, CoE, Felflame, Haunt, MG, DS, dead. I'd usually have to break of the MG before the end, but it was faster than just channeling DS from the start.

But for dungeons/raids/serious stuff then you are right, hard cast your dots to refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotStanima View Post
    I went for same on Gara'jal heroic and did more than their lock (assuming their kill video has the correct dps for him).

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warlock/ (WoL doesn't separate HC and normal atm thats why its listed with the normal kills)

Yesterday on our first 30 tries I went for hit cap but since SimCraft told me it was a 1200 dps gain to go full mastery and it felt like missing some spells wasn't an issue I went for all mastery again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I went for same on Gara'jal heroic and did more than their lock (assuming their kill video has the correct dps for him).

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warlock/ (WoL doesn't separate HC and normal atm thats why its listed with the normal kills)

Yesterday on our first 30 tries I went for hit cap but since SimCraft told me it was a 1200 dps gain to go full mastery and it felt like missing some spells wasn't an issue I went for all mastery again.
    You have to understand nothing will be right for that fight unless it's straight from that player's perspective. Because you don't get the information from the people in the normal realm while you are in the spirit realm and vice versa.

You have to understand nothing will be right for that fight unless it's straight from that player's perspective. Because you don't get the information from the people in the normal realm while you are in the spirit realm and vice versa.
    Even then it won't be right - if I dot up Gara'jal with a full set before I go down, none of that damage registers. Perhaps it's not so bad for Destro, because of how weak Immolate is, but last time I checked I lost 20% of my boss damage in comparing my guildie's log with mine.

The dps numbers seemed about right according to their kill time but it's probably because recount stops when someone goes inactive so it's not tracking effective dps. Verdisha might've pushed more if the boomkin's PoV had them split up and not tracking the lock when he had the buff from the spirit realm while the boomkin was down there himself. At least it had the opening burst bloodlust part and last phase execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Even then it won't be right - if I dot up Gara'jal with a full set before I go down, none of that damage registers. Perhaps it's not so bad for Destro, because of how weak Immolate is, but last time I checked I lost 20% of my boss damage in comparing my guildie's log with mine.
    This is true as well. Speaking of which, I think you can maintain a 100% uptime of Agony on the boss for this fight. :P
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-10-13 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    The dps numbers seemed about right according to their kill time but it's probably because recount stops when someone goes inactive so it's not tracking effective dps. Verdisha might've pushed more if the boomkin's PoV had them split up and not tracking the lock when he had the buff from the spirit realm while the boomkin was down there himself. At least it had the opening burst bloodlust part and last phase execute.

This is true as well. Speaking of which, I think you can maintain a 100% uptime of Agony on the boss for this fight. :P
    Yes you can, and should.

I went into the spirit realm the most alongside our moonkin and I managed to come last on our log. The only numbers it logs properly are the player who ran the log.

Can someone confirm haste thresholds, please? Can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelsgood View Post
    Can someone confirm haste thresholds, please? Can't find it anywhere.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...er=true&gid=33

anyone else simc'ing haste higher than mastery?

mine goes like this for 371 ilvl ----- int > sp > haste > mastery > hit > crit

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    anyone else simc'ing haste higher than mastery?

mine goes like this for 371 ilvl ----- int > sp > haste > mastery > hit > crit
    Haste and mastery scale synergistically. Haste will be better than mastery for a few tens of points, then mastery will be better. Just keep the two near-ish each other and you'll be very near where you should be.

3300 with 5% haste aura for first haste break point

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Haste and mastery scale synergistically. Haste will be better than mastery for a few tens of points, then mastery will be better. Just keep the two near-ish each other and you'll be very near where you should be.
    In my case this is because of the high amount of mastery on my gear. If I start dropping it for haste then it starts pulling ahead again. It seems to be the same with hit atm. Reforging right now is really confusing so I'm just relying on the highest DPS results I get in SimCraft and go for hit cap whenever I feel I need it.

On another reforge related note. Mastery is starting to close in on Int with 1.83 vs 3.76. In other words it doesn't seem like we have to get far over 380 ilvl to start gemming mastery.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-10-14 at 09:31 AM.

I've actually found that having haste around 3000 or so with 4.4k mastery is simming higher for me.