Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    4 - Keep DoTs up on everything. Use Fel Imp with supremacy. Your dps will suck for the first two minutes, but will pick up throughout the fight.
    Last week I had a combined uptime of 48% for MG and DS. On a normal fight with slight movement I have about 10% more. Does Supremacy actually get better with this small difference? I reckon you have a more even uptime if you don't have to go on rages like I do (we never CC).

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Could you please clarify what is the reason to using Fel Imp with supremacy on this fight? Thank you.
    Lower uptime of draining due to multidotting I guess, leading to GoSac being less beneficial. Never occured to me to use pet on emperors, now I will probably try that. Used unsacced felhunter on Amber add phase, he did about 1,8m damage.

Deleted
    Int: 4.01 Mastery: 1.95 Haste 2.15

These values would kind of suggest I got some more haste (perhaps replace an artful vermilion gem with a reckless one or something like that) but knowing that mastery is better in multidot fights and haste better in single target fights (is that still true after all?), I find I should not do anything with my gear at this point. Am I doing it right?

Also, thanks Ridcully for this amazing addon that so many people have been begging for! Much appreciated.

Deleted
    Question regarding SimCraft -

If you have glyph of demon soul, as affliction, does SimCraft take into account the 3% haste provided by the glyph? Armoury doesnt, so was wondering about SimC.

Normally the glyph is a supposed DPS loss, but I can hit the 21.40% haste threshold for UA and Agony, so I wonder if it's worth getting the glyph just to hit those extra ticks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Could you please clarify what is the reason to using Fel Imp with supremacy on this fight? Thank you.
    I was doing Pheromones in my 10m raid so I understand the reasoning for using a pet instead of GoSac. The only thing I don't understand is the choice of Fel Imp over Observer.

The differences are small but Observer comes out on top.

Deleted
    Imp = range pet I guess. So it doesnt nee dto run around to melee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    I was doing Pheromones in my 10m raid so I understand the reasoning for using a pet instead of GoSac. The only thing I don't understand is the choice of Fel Imp over Observer.

The differences are small but Observer comes out on top.
    Most likely due to better target switching. I mean that's the only thing the Imp does better.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Imp = range pet I guess. So it doesnt nee dto run around to melee
    Or you can put Observer all the time at one of the bosses, when they land until the rest of the fight.

I'm guessing it's the only time on this tier( Will of Emperor) that we switch GOSac for GOSup?

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Or you can put Observer all the time at one of the bosses, when they land until the rest of the fight.

I'm guessing it's the only time on this tier( Will of Emperor) that we switch GOSac for GOSup?
    Don't switch from GoSac before it's proven that using a pet on this fight would be better. I really doubt it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Don't switch from GoSac before it's proven that using a pet on this fight would be better. I really doubt it is.
    It is pretty easy to tell, to be honest. Here's Evrelia's log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1174&e=1819

His MG/Haunt/FF/DS damage was 5645390 (55% MG+DS uptime). 50% of that is 2.8m. His Fel Imp did 8m.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    It is pretty easy to tell, to be honest. Here's Evrelia's log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1174&e=1819

His MG/Haunt/FF/DS damage was 5645390 (55% MG+DS uptime). 50% of that is 2.8m. His Fel Imp did 8m.
    It's 1/3 of the damage that comes from GoSac. Plus additional ticks for 9m. So 1,88m + 3m = 4,88m. Kinda makes me wonder if GoSac actually is a top dps talent in real-life situations.

Oh, my bad. New math:
    2,8m + 4,5m = 7,3m. GoSac obviously better when you can drain instead of multidotting.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2012-11-12 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    It's 1/3 of the damage that comes from GoSac.
    I don't really understand your math, but it's 50% because his single target damage isn't boosted w/ GoSac. So it's just 50% of the value that he did. If he had been running GoSac then it would be 1/3rd. Maybe you said that already.

Edit: Oh, I understand it now. And yeah, I forgot all about the DoT damage.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-11-12 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Question regarding SimCraft -

If you have glyph of demon soul, as affliction, does SimCraft take into account the 3% haste provided by the glyph? Armoury doesnt, so was wondering about SimC.

Normally the glyph is a supposed DPS loss, but I can hit the 21.40% haste threshold for UA and Agony, so I wonder if it's worth getting the glyph just to hit those extra ticks or not.
    The 3% haste provided by the glyph does not work when Dark Soul is on cooldown. It's a significant loss.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:25 AM ----------

I am 100% confident that with my style of play on that encounter, using a pet is better. You'll notice a 10k+ dps increase just by switching to it. It's easy to look at all the top logs on WoL to see that.

I used the Imp due to his ability to target switch, however I did set him on the boss for a lot of the fight. I'm also not sure whether a melee put would be affected by the stun that the bosses do.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-11-13 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    You'll notice a 10k+ dps increase just by switching to it. It's easy to look at all the top logs on WoL to see that.
    I do not think that is correct. We calculated that adding 50% to additional dot ticks and direct damage spells would make 7,3m damage, while pet did 8m. Thats less than 1% total damage difference. Might be more for me, I run around to tank big guys somewhere away from raid.

What is the reasoning behind using Glyph of SS and normal non-SB'd SS's on the elegon fight?. I was under the impression that glyph serves no purpose ever. Why is it more valuable to use a glyphed normal SS onto the protectors instead of a SB:SS (what i normally do) ?

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    What is the reasoning behind using Glyph of SS and normal non-SB'd SS's on the elegon fight?. I was under the impression that glyph serves no purpose ever. Why is it more valuable to use a glyphed normal SS onto the protectors instead of a SB:SS (what i normally do) ?
    The trade-off is you spend an extra GCD, you get your Soul Swap put on cooldown, and in return you get 10 stacks of Agony instead of 1 and you save a Shard. It is up to you to decide for what fights that is worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    Do a normal SS on the add and SB:SS on the boss so you get the 10 stacks of agony. I'll personally never use that glyph again.

Evralia,

Thank you for the guide. Very useful for a struggling new lock like myself. Is there any chance you can post your power aura's sets? Perhaps 1 import would be awesome. I would love to use them all, but specifically your intellect procs. Thank you in advance.

What do you guys think about replacing Imperial Ghostbinder's Robes with LFR Sha-Skin Robes for the 2pc bonus? This is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...itation/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    What do you guys think about replacing Imperial Ghostbinder's Robes with LFR Sha-Skin Robes for the 2pc bonus? This is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...itation/simple
    Definitely go for your 2pc, will make up for the slight loss in intel and then some. Especially since the tier piece has better itemization.