Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Why would Haunt increase your demon damage, is it tested on training dummy?
    i actually have no idea. i forget what the haunt tooltip actually says i just always assumed it would. interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    can u guys advice some unit frames to keep track of my dots on multiple targets(bosses mainly) on boss fights like stone guards or will of the emperor.On stone guards its okeyish since i see my dots through nameplates,but on will of the emperor fight i always fail to keep my dots up on bosses. =\
    Shadow Unit Frames,Fortexorcist, Nug Running, many others...

Personally I use Shadow Unit Frames.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Shadow Unit Frames,Fortexorcist, Nug Running, many others...

Personally I use Shadow Unit Frames.
    fortexorcist and nugrunning are ...no,just no.I find them distracting and i feel uncomfortable with them.And I cant understand which set of dots applied to which target.And if i dot too many targets whole screen become flooded with dot timers =/
    Shadowunitframes seems the way to go.I've tested it in LFR and those boss frames are awesome,but rest...I'm too used to standart blizzard's unitframes and i cant find option to hide everything exept boss frames. =(
    And soulshard\demonic fury frames are so awkward.

You can also use tidyplates for multi doting, you just look at the dot timer above the plates. I just wish there was a way to highlight dots that are soon expiring.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-11-24 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    fortexorcist and nugrunning are ...no,just no.I find them distracting and i feel uncomfortable with them.And I cant understand which set of dots applied to which target.And if i dot too many targets whole screen become flooded with dot timers =/
    Shadowunitframes seems the way to go.I've tested it in LFR and those boss frames are awesome,but rest...I'm too used to standart blizzard's unitframes and i cant find option to hide everything exept boss frames. =(
    And soulshard\demonic fury frames are so awkward.
    There is an option in Fortexorcist to show only the dots on your target. If you use tidy plates you'll be able to see the dots that you have on each target right above the name plate as long as your in range.

Good evening my Warlock brethren!

Just a quick question, it might have already been answered in the thread somewhere please excuse my lazyness as I can't be bothered to siv through the pages to find it lol.

I raid in a 10man guild right now and our composition just lost some vitals players, one of them being our shadow priest and a shaman who sometimes off-speced elemental for some bosses. So most of the time our composition lacks the spell haste buff.

With this in mind, as far as I understand the 4717 haste breakpoint assumes you have that buff otherwise it's just too much haste doing nothing compared to what could otherwise be Mastery. Do I just reforge towards 4198 and the rest mastery until I have good enough gear to go for 6637? Or what do you suggest?

Just wanted to see some opinions, thanks!
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2012-11-26 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithus View Post
    Good evening my Warlock brethren!

Just a quick question, it might have already been answered in the thread somewhere please excuse my lazyness as I can't be bothered to siv through the pages to find it lol.

I raid in a 10man guild right now and our composition just lost some vitals players, one of them being our shadow priest and a shaman who sometimes off-speced elemental for some bosses. So most of the time our composition lacks the spell haste buff.

With this in mind, as far as I understand the 4717 haste breakpoint assumes you have that buff otherwise it's just too much haste doing nothing compared to what could otherwise be Mastery. Do I just reforge towards 4198 and the rest mastery until I have good enough gear to go for 6637? Or what do you suggest?

Just wanted to see some opinions, thanks!
    People over-emphasize the importance of haste breakpoints. The benefit is much smaller than people seem to think. If you're not sure whether you'd have the haste buff then I'd just try to keep haste and mastery even-ish with a bit more mastery than haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithus View Post
    The best advice is always to download simcraft and see for yourself. But off-hand, from my experience with warlock haste breakpoints, if it takes any effort to hit them, it's not worth it. So I would say go to the nearest breakpoint and then forge mastery. If your comp doesn't have a haste buff, then just forge with that in mind. It's not permanent, and if you pick up a haste buff, you can always reforge again.

How do you guys prepare for when dark soul is getting available ? How much SS do you keep and how do you use them ?

Do you:
    1. Exactly like a pull: haunt, DS, SB:SS
    or
    2. DS, SB:SS, Haunt

Or do you do one of the above but instead of refreshing hasted dots with SBSS you use felflame+agony or manual casting ?

I feel its currently one of my weak points, I can get a very strong pull and keep being well placed in damages but getting a new Dark Soul doesn't feel like I'm getting as much as I should out of it...

Evrelia gave a nice tip in his video guide.

Reforge to a haste breakpoint if, after reforging, you still have more mastery than haste.
    Personnaly, I tend to reforge if I can have more than 6k mastery after. But he's in Ensidia, not me.

Why didn't you put that yesterdaaaaaaaaaayyyyy.... :'(

Anyway, we didn't have that much mages and stuff...
    Last edited by Shauni; 2012-11-26 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Why didn't you put that yesterdaaaaaaaaaayyyyy.... :'(

Anyway, we didn't have that much mages and stuff...
    Gonna be fun when 25 man guilds will struggle with months old content because they'll have to do a fight completely different next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Gonna be fun when 25 man guilds will struggle with months old content because they'll have to do a fight completely different next patch.
    Nah, hopefully by then we'll either outgear it or won't need it XD

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 03:05 PM ----------

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    why will a fight need to be done different next patch? and also, evrelia on will of the emporer, how much effort do you put in to refreshing dots with trinket procs etc? seems like with 4 targets refreshing all your dots with trink procs is gonna require lots of shards and you wont be able to MG much and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    why will a fight need to be done different next patch? and also, evrelia on will of the emporer, how much effort do you put in to refreshing dots with trinket procs etc? seems like with 4 targets refreshing all your dots with trink procs is gonna require lots of shards and you wont be able to MG much and stuff.
    There's currently a widespread method of doing Will of the Emporor by having Mages lay down Ring Of Frost's to capture and bottle up all the Rages that spawn, taking them out of the fight so you don't have to kill them. With the 5.1 changes to Ring Of Frost this will no longer be possible.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There's currently a widespread method of doing Will of the Emporor by having Mages lay down Ring Of Frost's to capture and bottle up all the Rages that spawn, taking them out of the fight so you don't have to kill them. With the 5.1 changes to Ring Of Frost this will no longer be possible.
    oh i see. we never used that tactic anyway so yay for us i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I have no idea what you mean but no worries it's ok.
    Let's just delete the post and pretend nothing happens. Blame the bad day.

So I was reading the patch notes this morning while waiting on it to download and came across this in the bug fixes - "Pandemic no longer smooths the damage when extending dots with different amounts of spellpower."

I'm kind of confused on what this means, that doesn't have anything to do with refreshing DoT's with Intellect procs does it? If not could some reiterate for me?

Why removed "first week" gear list? I just dinged my lock to 90 ;(