Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Yes Simcraft doesn't refresh and because of that you should be a bit higher than the simC result.
    If that's the case wouldn't the Glyph of Everlasting Affliction scale higher than any other glyph with the four piece. Theoretically speaking you could have a perma DS:M CoA and keep 3+ intellect procs up on DoT's through the entire fight...only concern I would have would be lack of shard for Haunt stacking, but it seems after trying it the longer Corruption stays up on the target (without being refreshed) the more shards you get back which could make up for it. Thoughts?

Edit: I'm not sure about the increased proc chance part, I remember reading this somewhere but I can't seem to find the source atm so it might be false.
    Last edited by Deathnotes; 2012-11-29 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnotes View Post
    If that's the case wouldn't the Glyph of Everlasting Affliction scale higher than any other glyph with the four piece. Theoretically speaking you could have a perma DS:M CoA and keep 3+ intellect procs up on DoT's through the entire fight...only concern I would have would be lack of shard for Haunt stacking, but it seems after trying it the longer Corruption stays up on the target (without being refreshed) the more shards you get back which could make up for it. Thoughts?

Edit: I'm not sure about the increased proc chance part, I remember reading this somewhere but I can't seem to find the source atm so it might be false.
    That would only be the case if the constant extra 30% Haste was worth the 20% damage loss from your dots. Keeping in mind that this directly affects the "extra" ticks we get from MG and DS, so the reality is that we would lose a LOT more than we would gain.

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    That would only be the case if the constant extra 30% Haste was worth the 20% damage loss from your dots. Keeping in mind that this directly affects the "extra" ticks we get from MG and DS, so the reality is that we would lose a LOT more than we would gain.
    Bear in mind too with the increased duration of all of our DoTs we can maintain DoTs with 3+ intellect procs 50% longer than we normally would, as well as Dark Soul: Misery so that has to be factored in as well. I would sit down and crunch numbers on it but math isn't my strong point..

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnotes View Post
    Bear in mind too with the increased duration of all of our DoTs we can maintain DoTs with 3+ intellect procs 50% longer than we normally would, as well as Dark Soul: Misery so that has to be factored in as well. I would sit down and crunch numbers on it but math isn't my strong point..
    It's been crunched hundreds of times before. It's not worth it.

Deleted
    am i the only one that have experienced an increased amount of nightfall procs since the patch? if so, have it been changed somehow, im almost consistently getting more shards back than i can use, ofc it can just be the RNG gods smiling down at me, but it usually doesnt last this long.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im not certain but i think i have too. i say not certain, because since the patch i have been playing demo mostily back to aff for raid tonight so ill see

Found a bug, hunter haste pet stacks with moonkin haste aura. Enjoy 10% haste, while it lasts.

Just a couple of questions. My current ilvl is 493 and I recently decided to push for the 6637 haste cap as I was able to now maintain roughly 5500 mastery while doing so. Was this a correct decision based on my ilvl in your opinion?

I made this change because Simcraft shows this to be about a 6k dps increase over hitting the 4717 haste cap. My confusion is that every thing Ive read and every video i've seen states that after hitting a specific haste threshold we should then stack as much mastery as possible. However, running a sim on my current character with 10k iterations w/ full buffs and debuffs gives me the following stat weights: 4.19 int; 2.45 mastery; 2.84 haste. I had expected Simcraft to now have mastery weighted higher after hitting the 6637 haste cap(currently 6690 haste, 5491 mastery, 4411 hit) but Simcraft still shows haste pulling comfortably ahead. Any advice as to what I should do or why simcraft still favors haste over mastery before I start banging my head against something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuance View Post
    Just a couple of questions. My current ilvl is 493 and I recently decided to push for the 6637 haste cap as I was able to now maintain roughly 5500 mastery while doing so. Was this a correct decision based on my ilvl in your opinion?
    This is what I usually recommend so I'd say yes. Roughly 5500 mastery should be enough to grab that haste threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

I made this change because Simcraft shows this to be about a 6k dps increase over hitting the 4717 haste cap. My confusion is that every thing Ive read and every video i've seen states that after hitting a specific haste threshold we should then stack as much mastery as possible. However, running a sim on my current character with 10k iterations w/ full buffs and debuffs gives me the following stat weights: 4.19 int; 2.45 mastery; 2.84 haste. I had expected Simcraft to now have mastery weighted higher after hitting the 6637 haste cap(currently 6690 haste, 5491 mastery, 4411 hit) but Simcraft still shows haste pulling comfortably ahead. Any advice as to what I should do or why simcraft still favor;s haste over mastery before I start banging my head against something?
    I actually noticed this as well...while my ilvl and values differ from yours I still noticed haste (according to SimC) scaling higher than mastery after 6637 even though there's not a logically obtainable breakpoint after that. I actually sac'd more mastery (gems included) for haste to play around with it tonight in HoF. I still have 5000+ mastery so its not like its a complete sac. Just feels weird having 2000 more haste than mastery after going straight mastery since 4717 haste breakpoint. I'll report back after tonight with how it did.

Edit: fixed spelling errors caused by typing this on my Android during class
    Last edited by Deathnotes; 2012-11-29 at 10:00 PM.

I'm also geting haste still being really high and that's by having 7150 mastery and 6650 haste. Gonna do some plotting and try figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I'm also geting haste still being really high and that's by having 7150 mastery and 6650 haste. Gonna do some plotting and try figure it out.
    The only thing I can come up with would be the change to Jade Spirit's proc chance and it being affected by haste, other than that I don't know of anything that changed this patch.

New SimCraft shows me at 8k dps lower than the old version so I'm gonna rage a bit and try figure this out later. Haste at 2.46 and mastery at 2.30. Scaling with eachother but with haste slightly higher all the way.

Deleted
    oh well i thought its just me and something i missed, im getting -6k dps on affliction and demon. what is this?

-10k here, compared to the former simcraft Version. Strange.

I am also getting -6k less with new version.

So after I run my toon through sim and get the weights 4.19 int; 2.45 mastery; 2.84 haste while sitting slightly above the 6637 breakpoint, I went ahead and stacked all haste, bringing me up to a little above 8k total. Now when I run the sim at 8k haste I get mastery pulling quite a bit ahead of haste with an overall dps loss from when I was at 6637 haste. Unfortunately I'm not nearly as familiar with Simcraft as I wish I was, but this is making me scratch my head. It seems as though simcraft is accounting for a hidden haste breakpoint between 6637 and 8050. The only one that I've found is at 7658 for an extra tick of corruption during lust/tw, but surely SimCraft wouldn't advise that sacrificing 1k mastery for this breakpoint to be a dps increase.

Yeah it makes no sense and has to be wrong. I see no reason at all to stack haste outside of thresholds. I mean even obtaining haste thresholds is questionable to start with.

I'm really confused with AOE on Affliction, on trash packs I pull high damage but not on bosses like Wind Lord Mel'jarak, I'm lacking on 1nd phase on dps, doing around 170k it's too low tbh. This was the only boss that I didn't ranked on all expansion.

Definitely it's a AOE problem.

What I'm doing... Demon Soul,SB:SOC, SB:SS, spend the rest of my 2 shards or 3 if nightfall proc's, and constantly switching target with SOC. Tab target SOC, tab target SOC, tab targer SOC, 2-3 shards, tab target, SB:SOC, tab tab target SB: SS, tab target SB:SS,etc... I pop my doomguard on 2nd phase.

On feng I saw the best way to dps isn't Harvest Life but SOC, top locks aren't using Harvest Life at all. What you do there on shield phase? SB:SOC and tab target SOC? Or spam SOC on Feng?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quick question: is it worth to use DS under BL or it's a dps loss? Is it better to wait for BL to end, assuming the fight will last long enough to use DS after it, and than pop DS?

Thanks.