Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm also not gemming full mastery yet because I am Destro offspec (thinking about switching to Demo tho, just to mix things up). At least at my ilvl (485 equipped) I can't imagine the difference would be noticeable. Mastery is scaling at just above half of what Int scales for.

Not sure if the haste thing had to do with simc505-4, but I just upgraded to 505-5 and it's mastery>haste>hit for me (again, 485 ilvl)
    im using simcraft 510-5. haste: 2.16 mastery: 1,.97 crit: 1.33. i cant see what INT scale factor is, it goes too far off the chart but i would guess its around 3.5ish

SO I can comfortably reforge to 6637 haste, does this change how I gem anything, or is it the same way the guide suggests you gem at 4717

10+ Year Old Account
    'Twas to be expected of course, but they fixed the 2 set to deal the appropriate damage.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Warlock's 2 piece Sha-Skin Regalia set bonus properly increases the damage of the Malefic Grasp version of Corruption by 10%, and will no longer sometimes deal too much damage.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...es-december-5/

Quote Originally Posted by attora View Post
    SO I can comfortably reforge to 6637 haste, does this change how I gem anything, or is it the same way the guide suggests you gem at 4717
    This really depends on what you are considering "comfortably". Generally, the rule of thumb is about 490 ilvl and you should be able to hit that threshold, but that is all dependent on what pieces you have, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: The socket priority remains the same as in uploaded video for now? (I.e. after 480 ilvl switching to mastery socketing or full int)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question: The socket priority remains the same as in uploaded video for now? (I.e. after 480 ilvl switching to mastery socketing or full int)
    Mastery socketing. Your mastery at that gear level with be worth more than half of your Intellect. Since secondary stats give 2x the amount of primary stats, making the secondary stats effectively provide you more DPS gain. If going to socket bonus, use the hybrids, if not then rock straight mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    I don't understand how there can be so many questions here ever day that have the same answer.

www.simulationcraft.org -> check your stat weights and use it as guideline for gems/reforging

Speaking of which. For me SimCraft still wanted me to go haste over mastery with the newest versions. I was sitting at ~6700 haste and ~7800 mastery and not until I was around ~100 mastery over haste it told me mastery is slightly better. So it's just the same as it has been the entire expansion. Fuck haste thresholds and keep mastery slightly over haste. I'm not sure if we should follow it but it doesn't either seem like anyone has done any good theorycrafting that shows that taking the ~4700 and 6750 haste levels and then full mastery would be better. I guess we'll just keep following what SimCraft says for now with hit being the exception where people can go for what they are comfortable with but have the fight mechanics in mind.

by 6750 haste do you mean the 6637 mark? i dont have my spreadsheet on me atm so im not sure if 6750 is a breakpoint or just an error. and ya with some new gear last night i went to the 6637 mark(6151 goblin) and full mastery and simm'ed it and it had haste ALOT higher than mastery for stat weights.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

yes 6637 sorry

6750 is a breakpoint if you have both a hunter and a shadowpriest in your raid, whilst the bug persists.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    6750 is a breakpoint if you have both a hunter and a shadowpriest in your raid, whilst the bug persists.
    Was hotfixed (on EU-Hyjal) during our raid tonight, no more 10% haste

Quote Originally Posted by pongueur View Post
    Was hotfixed (on EU-Hyjal) during our raid tonight, no more 10% haste
    Worked during our raid. Had some sick burst until Spriest, Hunter and Sham got cackle and left with all my buffs when we were progressing on Sha HC. They really need to remove auras and make it constant raid buffs so frustrating lol. Will see if it's fixed at our next raid. Kinda weird it slipped through the weekly maintenance when they were fixing other stuff.

The Soul Shard regeneration with that amount of haste (28.57%) was insane. Affliction gear scaling seems crazy and I wonder when Blizzard will realize this and send in some big nerfs. Other classes are starting to fall behind by a lot with this amount of gear. I guess we saw it coming with the pre-MoP match in Cata and the T14 BiS SimCraft results but I still wasn't prepared for us being this much better than other classes.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-12-07 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I don't understand how there can be so many questions here ever day that have the same answer.

www.simulationcraft.org -> check your stat weights and use it as guideline for gems/reforging

Speaking of which. For me SimCraft still wanted me to go haste over mastery with the newest versions. I was sitting at ~6700 haste and ~7800 mastery and not until I was around ~100 mastery over haste it told me mastery is slightly better. So it's just the same as it has been the entire expansion. Fuck haste thresholds and keep mastery slightly over haste. I'm not sure if we should follow it but it doesn't either seem like anyone has done any good theorycrafting that shows that taking the ~4700 and 6750 haste levels and then full mastery would be better. I guess we'll just keep following what SimCraft says for now with hit being the exception where people can go for what they are comfortable with but have the fight mechanics in mind.
    Last time I checked on simcraft my dps was lower than tank's....
    That's why I never use it anymore ((
    Will try to kill Sha of Fear today, hope 4pc T14 will work on platform burst.
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2012-12-07 at 03:37 AM.

Good job with the video Evrelia but I still have a question regarding haste breakpoints. I read on your last comment that 6637 haste breakpoint must be reached while the bug 10% haste persist. After that, upon +492 ilvl aprox, should We continue reaching this breakpoint ?

Deleted
    Just a quick question regarding optimal AOE affliction dps on wind-lord normal.

Is there a limit to how many adds you should be trying to SB:SS onto, ie; at a certain point does the lost cast time on SOC cost you more than the dps gained from the extra UA and Agony, or should I be as liberal as my shard regen allows?

I've watched the fabulous guide you've put out evralia, but I'm worried I've misinterpreted "and use the shards you get for more SB:SS" , is this JUST for more SB:SS on the one target you mention earlier?
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-12-09 at 03:30 PM.

Sporebat was hotfixed, confirmed. No more 10%.

For the first time Affliction is fun? What is this blasphemy!?

Deleted
    Hasn't it always been fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Is there a limit to how many adds you should be trying to SB:SS onto, ie; at a certain point does the lost cast time on SOC cost you more than the dps gained from the extra UA and Agony, or should I be as liberal as my shard regen allows?
    I think you should use SS:SB when combined damage of Agony and UA is higher than damage of SoC*number of targets*0.75 (1.5sec default gcd/2sec SoC cast time). If target limit for undiminished AoE is 10 (is it?), combined Agony+UA damage will always be higher, unless SoC scales really well.

Edit: Actually, since fresh Agony does less damage than tooltip states and SoC has some tick damage, SS:SB should be dropped from rotation at about 8 targets. Need more math.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2012-12-09 at 07:39 PM.