anyone know where is http://www.wowhead.com/item=93254 for affliction (under/above EoT non upgraded ect) just want to see trinket weights with this one cant find it
    Last edited by Scorp969; 2012-12-10 at 04:43 AM.

Affliction reforging question

Hey guys. I have come back from a small break on my lock and started raiding again last night. I looked at my logs and I was not happy with my percentiles at all so I'm looking at things I can improve. I have maximized mastery on all my gear but the question is, is it worth it to lose the hit cap to reach the 4717 haste breakpoint (i may be off a bit on the exact #)? I went from 15% hit down to 10% hit from reforging it to haste. Also, is it right to be going for +80 int +160 mastery in red and +320 mastery in primsatic sockets? I've read many different things and not sure which is better (I don't know how to use simcraft).

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sherlok/simple
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3w...?s=7556&e=7933

Also, if anyone has tips on what I can do regarding rotation and whatnot that would be helpful too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Hey guys. I have come back from a small break on my lock and started raiding again last night. I looked at my logs and I was not happy with my percentiles at all so I'm looking at things I can improve. I have maximized mastery on all my gear but the question is, is it worth it to lose the hit cap to reach the 4717 haste breakpoint (i may be off a bit on the exact #)? I went from 15% hit down to 10% hit from reforging it to haste. Also, is it right to be going for +80 int +160 mastery in red and +320 mastery in primsatic sockets? I've read many different things and not sure which is better (I don't know how to use simcraft).

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sherlok/simple
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3w...?s=7556&e=7933

Also, if anyone has tips on what I can do regarding rotation and whatnot that would be helpful too
    Merged your thread to the general Affliction thread since you were asking about Affliction and rotational tips. Seemed to not be enough fix my dps in there to merge you to that thread. Anyway, next time try to find a suitable thread for your post before making a new thread, please.

On to your actual questions: You should totally watch the video in the first post of this thread for information about Affliction and how to play it. It will give you all the basics you need to know.

Then after watch the video in this post in this same thread for info about how to Simcraft, cause you need to know these things, cause we are not going to be able to tell you what to gem for sure unless we know what your sims look like. The SimC explanation post with video: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19377177

EDIT: 4717 is indeed the threshold you are aiming for, so you are nicely above that.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-11 at 07:39 AM.

Any update about Doomguard that isn't taking benefits from lust?

My stat weights

int: 3.93
    crit: 1.34
    haste: 1.94
    mastery: 1.88

I plugged that into ask mr. robot and now it's telling me to pretty much reforge everything away from mastery and also gem haste too instead of mastery. I generally never use ask mr robot but just to make sure, does that look accurate?

10+ Year Old Account
    My stat weights

I plugged that into ask mr. robot and now it's telling me to pretty much reforge everything away from mastery and also gem haste too instead of mastery. I generally never use ask mr robot but just to make sure, does that look accurate?
    Easiest to remember and maintain is get haste to 4198 or 4717 and then put the rest in HIT/MASTERY to your liking. You're below the threshold for pure gems, so use INT for red, INT/MAST for yellow and INT/HIT for blue gem slots.

My stat weights

No. You should never be gemming for haste unless you need to reach a very important breakpoint and you can't do it without regemming a little bit OR your gear level is low (most likely sub 481ish), which I doubt mrrobot is telling you to gem for haste because you're close to a breakpoint, probably just because the weights you imported are having haste higher then mastery. Personally I just suggest using the reforge lite addon or wowreforge.com, setting the hit limit of your choice and creating another cap for haste to reach 4198, 4717 or the 6637 breakpoint, depends on your gear of course.
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-12-11 at 06:40 PM.

Interestingly Simcraft tells me to go Full Haste, no idea why.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think a lot of people have seen haste skyrocket in value according to simcraft since 5.1 not sure why, but im sticking with the 4717>mastery thing since its serving me well so far!

My 10 man got to heroic Ambershaper this past week and it was a bit of a mess with the oozes. just looking for any tips on what people are doing for the fight. I figure that i should use MF and soulburn seed once all the adds are out and use the Soulshard procs to soulburn soulswap dots onto as many adds as possible.

10+ Year Old Account

Refreshing DoTs

Hello, new to warlock. But with Affliction.. Should i be stopping malefic grasp halfway though to refresh dots? Or do i finish the channel then do it?

Ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Hello, new to warlock. But with Affliction.. Should i be stopping malefic grasp halfway though to refresh dots? Or do i finish the channel then do it?

Ty
    Next time look if there is a thread you can use before making a new one, please.

OT: Your Malefic Grasp's damage relies on creating ghost ticks for the dots you have on the target. No dots, no ghost ticks, no damage and thus little use to keep channeling Malefic Grasp. Just get a cast bar addon like Gnossis that shows you the exact ticks of Malefic Grasp, and break the channel after a tick and reapply dots.

Do not interupt Malefic Grasp. With Pandemic you should be able to ensure the dots are kept up without falling off, and get full Malefic Grasps in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    Do not interupt Malefic Grasp. With Pandemic you should be able to ensure the dots are kept up without falling off, and get full Malefic Grasps in.
    While it's noble to strive for uptime and getting full MG's in, it doesn't actually matter if you finish your cast or not. Malefic Grasp costs some mana upfront, and then mana each tick, so you are wasting nothing if you break it of early. Just don't clip your ticks, that's what kills your damage. And don't start channeling MG for 1 tick, then refreshing a dot, channeling 1 tick, refreshing a dot, cause that's no way to play.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    While it's noble to strive for uptime and getting full MG's in, it doesn't actually matter if you finish your cast or not. Malefic Grasp costs some mana upfront, and then mana each tick, so you are wasting nothing if you break it of early. Just don't clip your ticks, that's what kills your damage. And don't start channeling MG for 1 tick, then refreshing a dot, channeling 1 tick, refreshing a dot, cause that's no way to play.
    Just to add to this, it's also worth noting that when channeling multiple MGs in a row, you can recast it at any time without penalty, since it extends the next tick like a DoT would. You don't need to wait for the last tick.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I'm getting the exact same thing Evralia. My scale factor for haste jumped quite a bit. haste=2.46 mastery=2.24
    I'm messing with reforge plots to determine why it's telling me i should be doing this.
    Do we know how and why this could of happened??

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...temup/advanced

Doubt it's the full reason for the change but RPPM scales with Haste and not Mastery.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    This is what happened to me too. On another note, I tried putting in the red gems for red slots, orange hybrid in yellows, and then the scale factors changed making mastery more valuable. Why does it change like that? Alot of locks I looked at have been going for 4717 haste with hit cap then full mastery. Where it differs is some have been going full mastery gems and some have been using int and int/mastery gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happened to me too. On another note, I tried putting in the red gems for red slots, orange hybrid in yellows, and then the scale factors changed making mastery more valuable. Why does it change like that? Alot of locks I looked at have been going for 4717 haste with hit cap then full mastery. Where it differs is some have been going full mastery gems and some have been using int and int/mastery gems.
    Depends on the scale factors. If INT is worth more then double the scale factor of mastery (or haste if that's what the future holds) then you go INT, if not you go for the pure mastery gems, cause they give you more dps per point. (reason being you have double the stats from a mastery gem, so you need half the value of INT ot more for it to be better) The turning point seems to be somewhere 480 and 490 ilevel depending on what pieces you have.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Depends on the scale factors. If INT is worth more then double the scale factor of mastery (or haste if that's what the future holds) then you go INT, if not you go for the pure mastery gems, cause they give you more dps per point. (reason being you have double the stats from a mastery gem, so you need half the value of INT ot more for it to be better) The turning point seems to be somewhere 480 and 490 ilevel depending on what pieces you have.
    I haven't changed any of my gems, i did however reforge to more haste. i hit the 6637 threshold and only then did haste dip below mastery( i had about 6090) mastery remaining at that point. Should i keep the 4717 with 7910mastery or is it worth switching to 6637 haste and 6090 mastery.

I know I'm not the only one whose a tad bit confused. If anyone can possibly point me in the right direction, id appreciate it ;-D