Deleted
    Hahah how I love that you actually put it in your signature. Keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    But for multi-dotting mastery would come on top?
    Simcraft shows a very heavy focus on Haste for multi target fights. Why would Mastery win out there?

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Simcraft shows a very heavy focus on Haste for multi target fights. Why would Mastery win out there?
    I haven't looked at the SimCraft model for multiple targets lately but last them I did it was spamming SB:SoC on >4 targets which is just bad. Assuming that the main buttons we click will be SB:SS, Agony and SB:SoC it makes more sense to me to stack mastery. Shouldn't haste start dropping a lot in value when we get a lower uptime on MG and casting in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    We have a long way to go before it will be set in stone what is better stat wise on different fight styles. Until then all I can suggest is using SimCraft for guidelines and listen to people who play on a high level or are just known in the community as good theorycrafters when it comes to ideas for how to behave in a raid. This spec actually has that high of a skill cap. Much higher than I had anticipated when MoP patch came in Cata.
    This, so much this. I think the floor for this spec is much lower than before (back in Cataclysm, remember when even if you did the smallest things wrong, you'd be straight shit?) but the skill-cap is extremely, extremely high, much higher than anything in Cataclysm in terms of amount of variation and things you can do differently both in terms of gearing and play-style.

That said for those who are progressing, honestly, I think that beyond a certain level of reforging (hit cap or no, then properly using mastery/haste), you're going to get more mileage from analyzing your play compared to the fight. Knowing what talents to use, and when to use cooldowns, and what sort of usage you should have for soul shards, channeling, and DoT refreshing. If you look at the locks from some top guilds, you'll see them playing demo more than you might have imagined; theoretical 100s of DPS gains pale in comparison to fitting the encounter when it comes to progression.

One thing that has been set in stone via theorycrafting is that beyond the proper reforge (getting your hit set, and getting your haste cap and mastery), fine-tuning haste versus mastery leads to exceptionally small gains.

When it comes to those who have (mostly) beaten the game and are looking to min/max, prepare for next tier (assuming blizzard doesn't just change the spec/weights on us), or just top the meters/rankings, well, that's when the finer details come in. Anyhow this was more for those who are coming here just "wondering what to do on fights" and such, again, for those who've beaten most of heroic progression and are doing this level of Simcraft/testing now, I (along with others) eagerly await your results.

Reading Bonkura writting long, thoughtfull and detailed post on MMO Champion made me actually believe this world is gonna end soon

My guild is working on HM-Will. And I've been running 4717 Haste and then stacking straight mastery. Would it be just better to stack more hastery assuming your statement above?

1st Night - 15 Attempts - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6p...ses&boss=60400

2nd Night - 5 Attempts - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-eb...ses&boss=60400

Hastery is indeed what you should stack.

Til what point? Should It be all Haste with any excess Hit/Crit into Mastery if Haste is already present? And should I just go ahead and swap out my Mastery Gems and go for the full haste? I got plenty of gold so switching enchants/gem won't be a problem.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avock/advanced
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2012-12-18 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added my Armory link

Hastery for warchief !

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    Til what point? Should It be all Haste with any excess Hit/Crit into Mastery if Haste is already present? And should I just go ahead and swap out my Mastery Gems and go for the full haste? I got plenty of gold so switching enchants/gem won't be a problem.
    There's this helpful video in the sticky showing how to use simcraft. It tells you these things, but until then stack hastery.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like we can take this whole 'hastery' thing and run with it.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2012-12-19 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avock/advanced
    ~

Stick with your mastery gems, your gemming it's correct.

About reforge I went for 6637 haste and I got best results then 4717.

With my gear, simulation craft tells me haste it's the way to go.

Simcraft is showing me 6637 haste then go mastery... I haven't tried messing around w hit cap but may try that this following week...
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2012-12-25 at 03:16 PM.

I think I'm about to have a mental breakdown.

Sometimes I just want to troll Bonkura so much, he takes all the secondary stat stuff so personally.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Questions about Pandemic and Essence of Terror

New to affliciton and just Warlock in general.....been playing warrior since Vanilla and wanted to give a caster a try for a change.

When is the proper time to refresh dots due to pandemic? 50% or should I wait until the last second? Also lets say i have refreshed at 50% and it is approaching 50% again. Does it get an additional 50% of the base time or does it just refresh it back to the original first pandemic duration? This is a great cause of frustration for me and I have not been able to find a definitive answer anywhere.

Essence of Terror procs. recast dots to give the haste bonus to them? Should I use SB:SS to refresh or should I cast individually?

Thanks in advance. Never knew that affliction was this confusing.

Also does SB:SS add to the duration via pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    New to affliciton and just Warlock in general.....been playing warrior since Vanilla and wanted to give a caster a try for a change.

When is the proper time to refresh dots due to pandemic? 50% or should I wait until the last second? Also lets say i have refreshed at 50% and it is approaching 50% again. Does it get an additional 50% of the base time or does it just refresh it back to the original first pandemic duration? This is a great cause of frustration for me and I have not been able to find a definitive answer anywhere.

Essence of Terror procs. recast dots to give the haste bonus to them? Should I use SB:SS to refresh or should I cast individually?

All of these questions are answered in the first post. Literally every one.

Deleted
    Within Pandemic time zone, when you have optimum buffs (trinkets/Procs/etc) to your DoTs/Haunt

SB:SS does add via pandemic

EoT: Recast if optiumum (See 1st bit of my post)

All of these questions are answered in the first post. Literally every one.
    In case they miss the 1st 1, I'm going to quote this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post

Please try to find a suitable thread to put your questions in next time, like this Affliction sticky guide, instead of making a new thread.

You can refresh your dots at anytime in the Pandemic safe time below 50% duration and 0%, in damage it matters nothing. There is a base length of the dot you can not change, Pandemic adds up to 50% to that. There's no stretching dots beyond that. (at least I think that's what you meant to ask)

Recast dots with Essence, yes at some point. Affdots addon can help you tell if it's a good time to refresh or not. Using SB;SS or individual depends highly on the situation, on if you have a supply of shards or not. On the whole if there are no adds to get Shards off of it is mostly best to manually refresh your dots. And, yes, SB:SS works like the normal way of refreshing dots, so they will add length to your dot through Pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Sometimes I just want to troll Bonkura so much, he takes all the secondary stat stuff so personally.
    It's not as much about what I post here as it is about every day looking the same. Someone comes and asks about how they should reforge/gem and someone else who thinks he knows what he's talking about responds with the same wrong answers. This thread/forum is coming nowhere in terms of real theorycrafting. It's just repeating the same shit over and over.

I really don't understand why people who really wanna know how they should treat their gear can't read through old posts/threads since it's been discussed so many times. And even worse, how can people who regularly read the forums keep answering people about things they are not able to understand at all?