Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Troll is very slightly better than Orc, once you are in full BiS heroic gear or so. Orc is significantly better than other races in all other situations.
    If you flat Sim it, this is correct. However, in practice its far different. If you get max duration dots up with Berserking active (Something Simcraft doesn't do), its a ton of extra dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    If you flat Sim it, this is correct. However, in practice its far different. If you get max duration dots up with Berserking active (Something Simcraft doesn't do), its a ton of extra dps.
    Prove it. For argument's sake I'm gonna say you can do the same with Blood Fury and the difference isn't that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Prove it. For argument's sake I'm gonna say you can do the same with Blood Fury and the difference isn't that big.
    Not even for argument's sake - I did this with BF when I was Orc, and if I do it as an average lock, I guarantee that all top Warlocks do this.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Rightyo thx, too bad troll are so damn ugly (completely subjective!)

Deleted
    I got a question regarding shard usage in multitarget situations. And in situations where targets live for a long time, say for example the add phase on the Empress encounter or LFR Stone Guard for that matter, where they are all together and take normal damage.

Basically what I would liek to know: Do you use Haunt at all in multidot situations? Say you have all three dogs dotted on Stone Guard, and you sit at 4 shards. What do you do? Do you use Haunt on all of them or will you use Haunt on just one target (focus?) and MF it when all else is dotted?

(25 normal) Personally, I will start the fight by SB:SS on two of the dogs and Haunt those two. After that I tend to just use Haunt on the one I'm focusing. If I'm feeling froggy I'll toss Corruption on the other two for extra shard, and if I wind up swimming in them I'll Haunt the other active dog.

For LFR I've been trying to test out Destro/Demo, so can't really remember what I did when i did it as Afflic. I want say I'd SB:SS three of them and only Haunt one.

Haunt seems to be wasted on mobs you aren't MGing. But then I'm no uber warlock, so ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

If you wanted to, you could sim putting max duration dots with Berserking up. Would take a lot of lines (and time) though.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    If you wanted to, you could sim putting max duration dots with Berserking up. Would take a lot of lines (and time) though.
    It's very unfortunate the Warlock community don't have some real math geeks that can help theorycrafting going. We shouldn't have to sit here and make assumptions what's best just because we're not able to get further by ourselves. A proper SimCraft model would be a good start, but not even that seems like something we can take care of. T_T

It's very unfortunate the Warlock community don't have some real math geeks that can help theorycrafting going. We shouldn't have to sit here and make assumptions what's best just because we're not able to get further by ourselves. A proper SimCraft model would be a good start, but not even that seems like something we can take care of. T_T
    It's sad, the warlock forum at elitist jerks used to be one of the best ... now they haven't even made threads for any warlock specs since mists launched.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's sad, the warlock forum at elitist jerks used to be one of the best ... now they haven't even made threads for any warlock specs since mists launched.
    Indeed, the closest i get for some answers and really help in lock nowadays is Zagam in Icy Veins forum and u guys at a few threads in MMO Champion.

The problem is that a proper APL for Affliction would take HOURS to write, would be hundreds of lines long, and a single trinket change would require changing 30 lines.

A proper one for Demonology is going to require a fix on their end to do, which isn't likely. (The Shadowflame DoT not scaling with Meta issue.)

I'm sure we have plenty of "math geeks" here, there's just no math that really needs to be done. Writing lines in Simcraft has nothing to do with math, its about understanding the clauses and the cause and effect style of coding. That, and a fuck load of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    The problem is that a proper APL for Affliction would take HOURS to write, would be hundreds of lines long, and a single trinket change would require changing 30 lines.

A proper one for Demonology is going to require a fix on their end to do, which isn't likely. (The Shadowflame DoT not scaling with Meta issue.)

I'm sure we have plenty of "math geeks" here, there's just no math that really needs to be done. Writing lines in Simcraft has nothing to do with math, its about understanding the clauses and the cause and effect style of coding. That, and a fuck load of patience.
    Grats on misunderstanding my post completely.

Grats on misunderstanding my post completely.
    You claimed we have no Math geeks. I'm telling you that we do, they just don't have much to do because our APL is shit. Writing a new APL has nothing to do with math. You said we can't manage to write a proper simcraft model, and I explained why that is. I'm not sure what you think I misunderstood, but maybe you should make your point a little clearer if that's the case.

What I meant was that there's not people who want to do this, as in they have the interest to do this kind of theorycrafting. I'm sure there's people who know how to but there's clearly noone who care enough about it to get it done.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a time-consuming business ! And I would argue simcraft format of an APL cannot solve our problem efficiently. To really maximize procs utility, you only want to look at the following :
    - what is the current "power" of mt dots (i.e. spell, haste, mastery and crit scores snapshot at last cast time).
    - how much times remains on each dot.
    - what is the power of my dot, if I cast it right now.
    - what is the expected (averaged on procs and CDs that may/will trigger in the meantime) power of my dot, if I cast one spell right now and refresh if right afterwards.

Based on that info you want to decide whether to preemptively refresh dots (a single one or all of them with SB:SS), or just follow the "normal" rotation (refresh fading dots, Haunt/MG otherwise). And you could probably use some machine learning to tweak the adjustable parameters of the decisiomaking process.

That backward and forward proc monitoring seems really hard to do in simcraft though, which I guess is why no one's done it yet.

Int > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Is anyone else getting these stat values for affli?
    I simmed my warlock in 499ilvl

Any tips for Heroic Garalon? I was doing 10m last night and was doing around 120k dps (I kite once). We are wiping sub 5%, so I need to eek as much dps as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Any tips for Heroic Garalon? I was doing 10m last night and was doing around 120k dps (I kite once). We are wiping sub 5%, so I need to eek as much dps as possible.
    That fight really is about your melee. The most effective way to dps that fight is for there to always be one leg alive so that your melee can constantly be cleaving, which usually means your ranged dps should do nothing to the legs at all. That means no multi dotting, just nuke the boss. Your personal dps will be lower, but your raid dps will be higher as a result. When we were progressing on this, having our ranged stop multi dotting was enough to score the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    Int > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Is anyone else getting these stat values for affli?
    I simmed my warlock in 499ilvl
    I also gets this results until reach ilvl 491 with LotC H and Mastery and Haste now have same stat value (2.32) to me.

PS: Haste: 6900 and 5600 Mastery

question, why is it listing h feng and h will neck is bis over the one from galleon? i would think hit mastery is wayyyyy better then any of those which has crit.. i feel a 30~ int gain is not worth losing a way better secondary stat