Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithereensDK View Post
    How in the world can he have both a legendary gem and a normal one in his mainhand when it's only got 1 gem slot? (Sha-touched)
    Reward from black prince revered if I'm not mistaken

Deleted
    How in the world can he have both a legendary gem and a normal one in his mainhand when it's only got 1 gem slot? (Sha-touched)
    2nd part of legendary quest? Have you been asleep?

Chapter 2 of Wrathion's quest line gives you an item which allows you to add a prismatic slot to a Sha Touched weapon.

Deleted
    Aaaah thank's guys!
    I haven't actually done that part yet. The horrors of having to do dailies or heroics for valors is keeping me a bit behind.

Deleted
    Evralia said earlier, about 2 pages ago, that multidotting all 3 protectors in ToES with only Corruption is a potential DPS loss. Atleast that's how I understood it.
    If this is the case, and a DPS loss occurs on the one protector that needs to die, would it still be worth multidotting Corruption and hope for more Nightfall procs?

Havn't played Affliction much but Soul Shards are hard to come by it seems.

I've seen information that crit on dots updates dynamically on many sites, including EJ. That would be inconsistent, so I decided to test it.

Destruction, naked character with 1,78% crit chance.
    Test 1: Applied Immolate to 6 target dummies, activated Dark Soul - ticks did not crit.
    Test 2: Activated Dark Soul, applied Immolate to 6 target dummies, cancelled DS buff - ticks critted a lot.

Conclusion: crit on dots behaves the same way as mastery, haste and int. It does not update dynamically.

Edit: Another test showed that critical damage is updated dynamically (metagem/warrior banner).
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-02-01 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    Evralia said earlier, about 2 pages ago, that multidotting all 3 protectors in ToES with only Corruption is a potential DPS loss. Atleast that's how I understood it.
    If this is the case, and a DPS loss occurs on the one protector that needs to die, would it still be worth multidotting Corruption and hope for more Nightfall procs?

Havn't played Affliction much but Soul Shards are hard to come by it seems.
    If it's a dps loss why would you do it anyway? Your question doesn't make sense.

For me, I noticed a DPS upgrade by keeping a corruption up one ONE target during the FIRST ADD ONLY.

After the first protector is dead, you have the corrupted water wich gives you unlimited shards so keeping corruption is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    For me, I noticed a DPS upgrade by keeping a corruption up one ONE target during the FIRST ADD ONLY.

After the first protector is dead, you have the corrupted water wich gives you unlimited shards so keeping corruption is useless.
    A dps upgrade or a damage done on that one target upgrade? I'm 99% sure it's meter padding.

Then again, it's normal so who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    A dps upgrade or a damage done on that one target upgrade? I'm 99% sure it's meter padding.
    Damage done on that one target, my bad for being unclear. I get more haunt uptime so you could say it's a lucky shot.
    If you want to Wol-Whore, DOT ALL THE THINGS !

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Then again, it's normal so who cares!
    Someday I will say that too !
    But for now, sharing knowledge is always usefull... Yeah I'm trying to make me feels better about my guild.

Deleted
    What do you mean with "corrupted water giving unlimited shards"? Am I missing something?

Note that I havn't played Affliction on any boss yet. I think.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    What do you mean with "corrupted water giving unlimited shards"? Am I missing something?

Note that I havn't played Affliction on any boss yet. I think.
    It means that when corrupted water dies it yields 4 shards via Drain Soul.

Deleted
    Doh! Of course... I'm such a noob. Thanks!

Deleted
    I've asked over on the UI forum section, but no reply in the few days since it was posted, so I'll ask here since it's relatively warlock related.

Does anyone know of an addon similar to (or a way of configuring) shadowed unit frames, but purely for boss frames? I love it's dot tracking functionality for boss frames off in the corner on fights like Will, but dislike it as my standard none-boss frames.

Deleted
    I'd love to know that as well. I like my current UF, but the default Boss frames are sincerely lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    It means that when corrupted water dies it yields 4 shards via Drain Soul.
    On normal there's no DPS check really until the last protector is up, at which point you can't pad anyway.

On heroic, the mini-adds also give unlimited shards.

I have a quick question:
    I have been trying to set up power auras to show when I have procs off my trinkets, weapon, etc. However, I must be having one heck of a derp moment. I cannot get them to show up. A friend mentioned that PA hasn't been working properly. If that is so, what would be an alternative addon? I hear weakauras doesn't do justice, so now I am just frustrated and confused.

If PA is working alright, does anyone have a copy of how I would set up to show procs like in Evralia's videos? Or even a blonde moment walk through? I had this all set up months ago, but had to re-format my computer. I thought I had saved all my files, but again... derp herp, I saved the wrong ones.

I appreciate the help.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    make sure to download PA from the website and not from curse, when i can log onto wow ill export my PA for tracking DoTs for you and you can then tweak them to your preference

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    make sure to download PA from the website and not from curse, when i can log onto wow ill export my PA for tracking DoTs for you and you can then tweak them to your preference

Thank you. That is probably my issue. I re-downloaded from curse, and every time I try to save anything I create it deletes itself. I will remove that immediately and wait for your next post. My other issue w/ PA is it is not as user friendly as I would like. I had to have a friend help me set up the codes the first time, I'm not sure why I can't ever get that addon, but I guess that has to be my "blonde bottle addon".

Thank you for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peye View Post
    I hear weakauras doesn't do justice, so now I am just frustrated and confused.
    Just so you know Weakauras works fine, and is every bit as good as PA, probably better at the moment cause of the issues you mentioned. I wouldn't say this from just my own experience, but I've seen and heard a LOT of top players using weakauras these days instead of PA.