Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Yeah, for HM Protectors the minions will give shards, since they actually die. Oozes and sparks don't really die, per se. Oozes just 'morph' into puddles and the sparks simply disappear, but neither dies in the sense of things.
    Yup. As someone pointed out in another thread, fun fact on Spirit Kings: Neither the bosses (they don't die, they just become weakened) nor the undying shadows (they become a puddle and reform) give shards, but the pinning arrows (?!) for some reason do.

I both love and hate that the arrows do "die" -- love getting shards, of course, but hate when I turn my attention to an arrow only for someone to use a cc breaker to get out of one and I don't get my shards ... typically after I've SB:SS'd my dots onto it, haha.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Tested if "damage done percent" modifiers are snapshotted.

Garalon: applied Corruption to leg from outside the circle, ran into cirle, ran out again. Double damage ticks when inside, ordinary ticks when outside.
    Garalon: applied Corruption to leg from inside the circle, ran outside cirle, ran in again. Double damage ticks when inside, ordinary ticks when outside.
    Elegon: applied Corruption from outside the circle, ran in. Tick damage did not change.
    Elegon: applied Corruption from inside the circle, ran out. Tick damage did not change.
    Tricks of the Trade: dots get buffed for the whole duration

Seems that all damage done modifiers are snapshotted (both buffs and debuffs), not dynamic. Garalon is special case.

Deleted
    Hasn't it something to do with the nature of the (de)buff? It's a beneficial debuff on Elegon, but a buff on Garalon.

They are both debuffs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info very useful

as all your buffs are falling off in the opener is it better to SB SS again if you have the shards or manual recast to take advantage of pandemic as I seem to do more when I manual recast especially agony which can be up for almost until my next proc if I recast but will not if i SB SS.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The usual philosophy is buffs on you are snapshotted, debuffs on the target are not, but it's kind of unusual/counter-intuitive to have debuffs on you grant +% dmg. If anyone could test Sha of Fear, this one's a buff and my guess is it should snapshot.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

For H Sha once we've gotten lei's hope should I reforge out of any haste I've got and into mastery? Also is it worth using Mannoroth's fury over Kil'jaeden's Cunning?

Figureditout of Dath'remar

My toon for reference.

Can't post links yet. : /

You don't get to keep the haste buff for P2 of Sha HC. A mastery build might still be better but don't drop the extra corruption tick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookiie View Post
    MC doesn't do damage.
    My bad, guess i almost always have some dots on target :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by figureditout View Post
    For H Sha once we've gotten lei's hope should I reforge out of any haste I've got and into mastery? Also is it worth using Mannoroth's fury over Kil'jaeden's Cunning?

Figureditout of Dath'remar

My toon for reference.

Can't post links yet. : /
    KJC is way too good on Sha H to pass. Also no point in using MF if your raid is passing the ball correctly.

And as Bonkura said, you only have Lei's Hope for P1.

Deleted
    How does MG work mechanically speaking? To which spell(s) is attributed the damage "procced" by MG ticking on a fully-DoTed target?

Agony, Corruption and Unstable Affliction.

Deleted
    Thanks. So I guess only the uptime tells of how great/bad I'm doing on a single-target fight (in a min/max situation).

Comparing the damage portion from your MG bonus dot ticks should be better than just the uptime of MG.

Deleted
    Any way to pinpoint it on WoL? What differentiates the bonus from the regular ticks? Is this the various "hits" of my DoTs that are treated separately from their ticks?

Take the dot that has same(/similar) amount of ticks as MG+DS combined.

Deleted
    Okay, got it. Thanks for that. Is there any ballpark figure I should aim for? It accounted for 25.5% of my damage last night on our first down of the Sha of Fear for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Yeah, for HM Protectors the minions will give shards, since they actually die. Oozes and sparks don't really die, per se. Oozes just 'morph' into puddles and the sparks simply disappear, but neither dies in the sense of things.
    Yeah tried again the other night and it worked fine, I guess I ran into the other problem the first night where if I start channeling and the die .5 sec later I don't get shards, need to start channeling at like 50% before the my mage partner one shots them. At least get full shards most of the time makes the fight a lot easier especially towards then end when I might need to burn a shard to CoEx since they don't share cds.