Deleted
    He dropped this one a few hours ago...

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 4t
    @Hyponet It's hard to justify using shards for anything else. and SB:SS means not casting the dots as often as we intended.

=/

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    It's hard to justify using shards for anything else. and SB:SS means not casting the dots as often as we intended.
    I hope that's an april fools joke...if not then I am not even sure what to say about how clueless he is.

Couldnt it just be like CoEx?

Glyphed CoEx has a cooldown, but Soulburn CoEx is a different spell and doesnt share it. It has its own CD. The same could apply to Soulburn SS not sharing the CD of glyphed SS.

10+ Year Old Account

@Hyponet It's hard to justify using shards for anything else. and SB:SS means not casting the dots as often as we intended.

=/
    source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...01281068199936 for those, like me, that prefer to confirm what was exactly said.

I don't like to dramatize stuff, or overreact, or react prematurely, but I hope they don't do whatever they have in mind of doing. It's too late in the expansion to start tinkering with our rotations now, leave it till next expansion and just adjust the numbers to how we currently play.

I don't mind itteration or trying to adhere to a design goal, but taking away or limiting our ability to SB:SS will only cause upset with anybody playing, and enjoying, Affliction right now. I understand applying dots is part of our kit, and that the problem is probably that we spread to powerfully, and too easily at the moment, but going back to the slow ramp up of pre cata will just destroy the spec's burst again, making us prone to the exact same problem we had before. We're allready such a slow spec when it comes to ramping up our AoE, don't make our (multi) dotting slow as hell as well or we'll be in trouble on every burst phase they design again.

If the future design goal is to have us rely on Soul Swap on it's own to provide the start up when we need to target switch (burst) then there better be some changes to Soul Swap and the glyph or we will be woefully underequipped to deal with encounters. There's too many things that need to be quickly swapped to and killed a.s.a.p. in the current raids. Can you even begin to imagine Horridon or Council with the pre-Mists Soul Swap + glyph? Or any kind of set up that resembles that situation?

My only hope is that these are just excuses to limit our potential so they can increase our dot damage to help improve PvP. If that's not part of the equation in this potential re-design then the current course for Affliction design just badly sucks.

Question about MG and DS ticks. If you had Lei Shens trinket'd dots on your target, will mg and ds notice that and include its "next tick dmg" into the actual damage it does?

Question about MG and DS ticks. If you had Lei Shens trinket'd dots on your target, will mg and ds notice that and include its "next tick dmg" into the actual damage it does?
    I'm not entirely sure I understand the question but the dot ticks that MG "forces" are essentially part of the MG channel and the way channels work with the trinket buff is that everything will crit for the duration of the buff while you are channeling. This is very easy to test, just go to a dummy and hit it with fel flame until the trinket procs. Then soul burn:soul swap your dots and channel MG until your dots just fall off. If you have recount, it will have 2 separate version of the spell. 1 that is critting 100% of the time (since the only dots you put up are the super buffed dots) and 1 that is not at 100% crit rate. The one that is not at 100% is your dots forced by MG. With skada, it likes to merge the spells together and either way you'll notice you're not getting a 100% crit rate on the dots.

The functionality of MG dot ticks with buffs is strange. They obey the laws of channeled spells with regards to haste and crit (i.e. haste makes the dot effect of MG tick faster due to the channel time being faster, crit makes them crit for the duration of the buff), but the amount of actual damage those ticks do are based on how much mastery/int you had at the time of casting the main dots themselves. All of this also applies to DS.

The way MG and DS works lends to why haste and mastery have so much synergy with each other on top of how they scale so much better than secondary stats for other classes.

Hope this helps, it's kind of a messy explanation
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2013-04-02 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted

=/
    Blizzard really needs to hire someone who knows how warlocks work, this is getting silly.

Deleted
    Wushoolays Final Choice LFR vs. Volatile Talisman?

Wushoolays Final Choice LFR vs. Volatile Talisman?
    I would say volatile talisman. The lfr wushoolay proc rate probably won't justify using it over volatile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I would say volatile talisman. The lfr wushoolay proc rate probably won't justify using it over volatile.
    I agree with this, proc rate, and the fact Talisman has a bunch of static INT compared to the excess hit on Wush makes Talisman better I think.

The normal wushoolay should be a lot better though. These RRPM trinkets stink in their unpredictability but make up for it with their insane procs.

522 wush/510 lotc/522 shado pan. Which two? I'm also struggling to decide if saving dark soul for wush instead of popping it on opener is optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drobo View Post
    522 wush/510 lotc/522 shado pan. Which two? I'm also struggling to decide if saving dark soul for wush instead of popping it on opener is optimal.
    Pop it on the opener. Since RPPM trinkets should proc on pull if you're out of combat long enough it reaches 10 stacks right at the tail end of DS.

^^^ Definitely pop at the opener. If you pull the boss right after a trash add though Wooshalay's will proc right off the bat. Got breath of the hydra last night,...can't wait to see it in action

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 03:48 PM ----------

I was just thinking, since we are about to hit heroics and normal Jinrokh is really a push over,...for Jinrokh Heroic do you hold of your DS until the first pool spawns (which is when my group is going to lust)?

Deleted
    Has anyone experienced any problems with the imps dispel lately?

Tonight my imps dispel, both from supremacy and sacrifice, seemed to be failing to dispel ionization on Jin'rokh. Not a big deal since I was able to move out of the waters before it expired. I thought I noticed something similar on primordius last reset, my imp didn't seem to be removing a single stack of the buffs you get as he used to.

I'm left wondering if it's something wrong on my end, changes to the encounter / imp or just something being buggy. Primordius I thought might have been an intended change, since 100% uptime on transformation did seem unintended, but the jin'rokh thing was completely unexpected.

I noticed the imp dispel from Sacrifice not working on Jin'Rokh tonight as well, didn't try Supremacy. Primordius is understandable, but I can't see any justified reason why they'd disallow imp dispel on Jin'rokh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I noticed the imp dispel from Sacrifice not working on Jin'Rokh tonight as well, didn't try Supremacy. Primordius is understandable, but I can't see any justified reason why they'd disallow imp dispel on Jin'rokh.
    Glad to hear it's not just me at least.

Hoping it's a targeted nerf that has bled over into things it wasn't supposed to, which makes me wonder how far reaching it is - is it just TOT debuffs that it's struggling with, or is the ability completely broken? Alas, I won't be able to get online to test until some time tommorow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly annoying the Imp dispel thing wasn't mentioned in the hotfixes of April 2nd. I've heard other dispels didn't work on Primordius either, so it's not just 1 class they forgot to mention this hotfix to.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Slightly annoying the Imp dispel thing wasn't mentioned in the hotfixes of April 2nd. I've heard other dispels didn't work on Primordius either, so it's not just 1 class they forgot to mention this hotfix to.
    Pet dispels (sac/supremacy), moonkin symbiosis mass dispel all don't work anymore for Primordius.

Personally I just take Unbound Will for Jin'rohk and dispel myself that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I use unbound will + hs macro on Jinrokh, find it safer since i don't see what could go wrong.
    I did dispell too early on one of them, and ended up letting the debuff run out while standing outside and getting minimal benefit from the pool... dispellers hate me i think.

And regarding Ghostcrawler and SB:SS. Jeezus. He does not know what he is talking about it's incredible.
    I wish there was someone in his team with a clue about warlocks. I really do.