if anything gosac should become better at single target not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    Just coming back to affliction after a couple months of destro. I have legendary meta and a two rppm trinkets but am not sure about gosupp vs gosac. For single target, gosupp appears the obvious choice but at what X number of mobs is gosac better? Or is it certain fights where gosac is the choice talent or just stick with gosupp?
    Gosac gets worse when there are more targets as you're going to be spending less and less of your time channeling spells that benefit from GoSac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    Gosac gets worse when there are more targets as you're going to be spending less and less of your time channeling spells that benefit from GoSac.
    So basically GoSupp is as good or better than GoSac on all encounters then?

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    So basically GoSupp is as good or better than GoSac on all encounters then?
    Essentially yes. Since the benefit you gain from better gear via sac is more than the pet benefits from more haste, then eventually Sac is going to surpass GoSup (assuming Blizz doesn't nerf it again when we get to that ilevel) when we hit a high enough ilevel. This will be first on a pure target dummy fight, however, where you're spending the most amount of time channeling MG or DS on the target. For sac to ever be better on multiple targets, the ilevel gain will have to be *even* higher to the point where even a very small amount of time spent channeling MG or DS does more damage than the pet is gaining from the additional haste you'll have.

Deleted
    It is 5 am in the morning and i am facepalming at some parses on megera hc .Question for somebody who can give me an answer how the hell can u have almost 100% of all your dot ticks be critical .

Unfortunately i cannot link yet but you can easily check stuff out on megera 10 hc rankings for affli locks

To the initial brain storming about this situation i could not find an answer.Somebody with a brain not as tired as mine can enlighten me ?

Deleted
    Soul swap your dots back and forth continuously without refreshing or letting them expire.

Dots retain their stats yet are also extended to base duration when exhaled.

There is a way to keep the 100% crit from UVLS rolling almost the whole fight if several other specific circumstances are present. Not sure where that falls on exploits, clever use, etc so I will not elaborate.

im trying to replicate this on target dummys right now and it doesnt work

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nical/advanced

here is my armory link, my question is that with 2 rppm trinkets and meta is it worth it to go balls out haste? I feel when I ran with the 13737 haste breakpoint last week it was weaker then maybe 12k~ or so the week before and even this week. I feel like maybe its but to having a lot of haste but not completely ditching mastery to much, like keep it within a 2k~ difference raid buffed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    There is a way to keep the 100% crit from UVLS rolling almost the whole fight if several other specific circumstances are present. Not sure where that falls on exploits, clever use, etc so I will not elaborate.
    I'm sure that if it had been a proper exploit it would've been fixed by now.

Deleted
    i still believe that the "keeping buffs when you soul swap stuff" is working as intended, removing those buffs when you soul swap would be highly illogical to me, the keeping those supercharged dots continously over a whole fight is not intended, i can certainly see blizz adding a debuff on the recently soul swapped target, making it impossible to reapply dots through soul swap, except with soulburn soul swap.

Deleted
    Or they make it like before, where the duration isn't refreshed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Or they make it like before, where the duration isn't refreshed.
    Yeah, no, screw that. What use is swapping dots if they don't reset to max length again? That would make it a DPS loss compared to just manual reapplying in a lot of cases.

If they want to prevent this back and forth inhaling/exhaling they should just let the dots apply with current procs, and not make straight copies, even if that is slightly weird looking at the mechanic. It fixes the problem, and is logical in the sense that it takes into account procs when applying, like it would normally do too.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, no, screw that. What use is swapping dots if they don't reset to max length again? That would make it a DPS loss compared to just manual reapplying in a lot of cases.

If they want to prevent this back and forth inhaling/exhaling they should just let the dots apply with current procs, and not make straight copies, even if that is slightly weird looking at the mechanic. It fixes the problem, and is logical in the sense that it takes into account procs when applying, like it would normally do too.
    Pulling powerful dots off of one target to quickly burn another (including 10-agony) was the original use of soul swap. I don't think Soul Swap is intended to be a DPS gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Pulling powerful dots off of one target to quickly burn another (including 10-agony) was the original use of soul swap. I don't think Soul Swap is intended to be a DPS gain.
    I think at a point something gets lost in semantics and the actual intent is perhaps lost -- at some point the line between "quality of life" fix and a dps buff is very, very blurred.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

it reallly wouldn't be a big deal if they made soul swap: exhale copy your current stats, as long as agony x10 is still there. it would actually be pretty useful to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    it reallly wouldn't be a big deal if they made soul swap: exhale copy your current stats, as long as agony x10 is still there. it would actually be pretty useful to have.
    ^ This. Really tired of this "bug." Been progressing on H Council and I'm so tired of soul swapping, I just wanna play the way I used to... 600k sustained DPS is pretty cool though.

It's actually pretty fun on Horridon, instead of just "dot all the things" I can keep super powered dots and move them where they're needed and back to Horridon for super deeps. Makes it more interesting.
    Last edited by Livendula; 2013-05-09 at 04:32 PM.

With this "new" soul swap mechanic that people have found it makes me wonder if GoSac is going to be more beneficial then GoSup on fights where you can keep your super buffed dots the whole time.

i used it on h meg today with gosac and put up a #4 rank.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    i used it on h meg today with gosac and put up a #4 rank.
    I haven't used affliction much lately; been doing demo and destro other than on Tortos where I'm doing all the slowing. Could somebody explain the best way to use soul swap to maintain super buffed dots from the opener? I am assuming something along the lines of:

Get all supercharged dots up on the opener (DS, meta, both trinkets, potion, racial etc.) and then when UA is about to expire you inhale the dots and exhale on something else to ... reapply them at full duration and the same spell modifiers?

On something like Council does that mean you get them up on 3 targets and then what? 1) Inhale one with super dots 2) Exhale the fourth un-supercharged target 3) inhale back onto the primary target and keep doing that with the fourth filler target to keep up supercharged dots on 3 of the targets? Does it work like that? Any help would be great!

In addition, if this is the case, what fights does this apply on? Council and Megaera are obvious ... what about linking gaps in 2nd target downtime on something like Horridon, Tortos, Animus and Consorts phase 1? Or is it too fiddly on those?
    Last edited by Gremory1; 2013-05-10 at 01:41 PM.