Deleted
    P2 affliction for Immerseus NM is very frustrating with too many mobs with too few hp. What's the best strategy to not suck 100% during P2? Has anybody tried fel flame spam?

Deleted
    Is Simcraft's affliction simming okay, i find myself being simmed at 217k which seems a bit low for my gear!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    Is Simcraft's affliction simming okay, i find myself being simmed at 217k which seems a bit low for my gear!
    difficult to say since we dont really know your gear, personally, in ilvl 543,6 gear im simming at 225k dps which is actually a 10-12k dps increase from what i was simming in ilvl 541,6 in 5.3 and i doubt you would get that big a gain by increasing your avg ilvl by 2.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...locks/advanced
    Here's my armory, I'm 547 with all the extras, I dunno, it just seems low, basically it makes me wonder if there is something terribly wrong with my gear but i can't find it

Here's my armory, I'm 547 with all the extras, I dunno, it just seems low, basically it makes me wonder if there is something terribly wrong with my gear but i can't find it
    Where is your legendary meta gem?

From what i read/heard i think Evrelia was saying that, with the stronger dots, its better to go for the 9,7k haste breakpoint and throw all rest into mastery. If that still holds water, you can reforge away some haste into mastery.
    But have no idea if that has any big impact on your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Where is your legendary meta gem?
    The meta gem is there, safely socketed in his helmet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I was personally doing usual pull on one boss then when Wush hits 10 stacks hit SB SS again and then SS that to 2nd boss and then SS from 2nd boss to 3rd boss.
    Had this dilemma recently.

How do you manage a pull when using Wush? SB initially, SB once everything's proc'ed (~2sec in), then SB a 3rd time when Wush's at 10 stacks(~10sec in)? So 3 SB/SS in 10 seconds?

Also for Council, am I correct in assuming you'd want to SS the 2nd batch of dots described above, then the 3rd (Wush with 10stacks) one?

Hope I was clear enough, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by LeCoco View Post
    Had this dilemma recently.

How do you manage a pull when using Wush? SB initially, SB once everything's proc'ed (~2sec in), then SB a 3rd time when Wush's at 10 stacks(~10sec in)? So 3 SB/SS in 10 seconds?

Also for Council, am I correct in assuming you'd want to SS the 2nd batch of dots described above, then the 3rd (Wush with 10stacks) one?

Hope I was clear enough, cheers!
    Pre Haunt - SB:SS - MG til procs - SB:SS. SB:SS again at 10 stacks (or before the first proc falls off), keep haunt up and continue to MG. That seems to give the best results. I find myself praying for one shard proc in those first 10 seconds though so that haunt doesnt fall off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    From what i read/heard i think Evrelia was saying that, with the stronger dots, its better to go for the 9,7k haste breakpoint and throw all rest into mastery. If that still holds water, you can reforge away some haste into mastery.
    But have no idea if that has any big impact on your DPS.
    I'm not sure if i can dump more haste but that is worth investigating, the Bindings trinket might screw a bit with reforgelite! At any rate it should be a negligable difference. Sims are just sims anyway, i'll have to see what happens in SoO, see if i can keep up with our mage !

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't decided yet whic spec pick up for sha tonigh. Demo or affly? I would give demo a try for the strong aoe with MF but i have LFR UVLS and i pull better number with affly in every fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    I haven't decided yet whic spec pick up for sha tonigh. Demo or affly? I would give demo a try for the strong aoe with MF but i have LFR UVLS and i pull better number with affly in every fight.
    aff is perfect for sha, as it's aoe with MF is definatly compareble to demo and single target will probably pull ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Pre Haunt - SB:SS - MG til procs - SB:SS. SB:SS again at 10 stacks (or before the first proc falls off), keep haunt up and continue to MG. That seems to give the best results. I find myself praying for one shard proc in those first 10 seconds though so that haunt doesnt fall off.
    Yeah I have been playing like that too, with the same problem you stated: you have to just hope you get a shard for the second Haunt, or it will fall off

To quantify that, let's assume you have the ultimate haste setup: the 13k+ breakpoint, 5% raid haste, Lifeblood, Bloodlust, Berserking, LMG and Dark Soul. This is not unreasonable if you actually lust on the pull, maybe it's a bit too high, but for my purpose that doesn't matter much. This gives ~289% total haste. That brings your Corruption to ticking every ~0,51s. Assuming you apply dots the moment the first Haunt leaves your hands, that gives you 7 seconds to generate the shard for the second Haunt (8s duration, but you need 1s to cast it after you get the shard).

So that's roughly 14 ticks of Corruption, where you have to get at least 1 shard, with 10% chance to get a shard on any given tick. When you work that out, it turns out there is a ~25% chance that you will NOT get a shard for the second Haunt in time. Keep in mind that is the ideal haste circumstances. No bloodlust on the pull will increase the chance by about 10%. Going for 9778 haste instead of 13k+ will increase it by roughly 3,5%. Whether or not it's worth it to cut a SB:SS somehow to guarantee you can land the second Haunt, I am not sure. That would be a lot more work to figure out, so maybe later

On a different note, if you are using Berserking and/or Engineering, I think their use changed slightly. Because their duration is only 10s, it was better in 5.3 to wait with casting them until you got a LMG proc. That was because the LMG proc also lasts only 10s, and the Wushoolay proc would grow over time. So you would like to finalize your dots as late as possible, but still want Berserking+Synapse up.

Now, with Wushoolay lasting only 10s, I think you should wait until you get both LMG and Wushoolay procs, then activate Berserking+Synapse, and then SB:SS at the last moment before either Wushoolay or LMG falls off. If you don't do this, you risk having your Berserking+Synapse fall off while you still have 5s on LMG and your Wushoolay is at 6 stacks, for example. In that scenario, if you waited instead, you could have put the SB:SS right at the end of Wushoolay proc for maximum profit.
    Last edited by mmocc7220f1198; 2013-09-12 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the thoughtful answers. Guess praying for the shard is the thing to do for now.

At 9778 haste I've been lucky for an entire evening so far.

I'm not sure if this has yet been posted, but this is a massive thread. You can effectively start every single fight with 5 shards by popping SB before the pull. SB buff lasts for 30 seconds but shards regenerate every 20. So you have a 10 second window in which to pull where you have 4 shards as well as an active SB for your first Swap.

KTT > H TF Breath by 4.5 to 5K
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laego View Post
    I'm not sure if this has yet been posted, but this is a massive thread. You can effectively start every single fight with 5 shards by popping SB before the pull. SB buff lasts for 30 seconds but shards regenerate every 20. So you have a 10 second window in which to pull where you have 4 shards as well as an active SB for your first Swap.
    True, but not all raid leaders are willing to do a 20+ second pull timer.

What are some good macros to use for afflic?

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but currently in-game Purified Bindings of Immerseus is updating your character sheet; adding the amplification. You can test by unequipping the trinket. So this would mean that the thresholds mentioned a few page back would become irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but currently in-game Purified Bindings of Immerseus is updating your character sheet; adding the amplification. You can test by unequipping the trinket. So this would mean that the thresholds mentioned a few page back would become irrelevant.
    Unless Reforgelite is updated to work with that trinket they're still useful for determining exactly how much haste you need from gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    not really, you just have to use the right breakpoint and then reduce it by the amount of your amp trink's static buff for example 9778/1,08=9054 and then use that number once you take off the trinket, its bit of a hassle ofc, but you can still use it.