Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    so are you guys reforging for the ~13k Haste breakpoint? I am 550 item level so I can easily hit it, and Simcraft has haste 0.4 ahead of Mastery for me, but I don't want to waste the gold on regemming just to re-sim and test on dummys.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ouserat/simple
    well you also have to take the nature of the encounters in SoO into account. yes, haste is prolly best on single target fights but mastery is better on multidotting fights, so ill put it this way, how many single target fights are there in SoO? there arent many single target fights in SoO, and unless you want to reforge and regem for those fights id suggest you stick with whatever haste breakpoint you can get to the easiest way and then stack mastery, and from what i can see, you're closer to the 9778 haste breakpoint than the 13737 BP. id suggest you download the addon reforgelite, it should atleast make the reforging a bit easier but from what i can see you can easily reforge the haste on your neck and staff(altho reforging the hit might be better as you're over hitcap by around 600) into mastery and then remove your reforge on your bracers for that mastery there, same with your staff, that should be around 1100 haste turned into mastery and you'll have around 9,9k haste and around 13k mastery.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-09-19 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well you also have to take the nature of the encounters in SoO into account. yes, haste is prolly best on single target fights but mastery is better on multidotting fights, so ill put it this way, how many single target fights are there in SoO? there arent many single target fights in SoO, and unless you want to reforge and regem for those fights id suggest you stick with whatever haste breakpoint you can get to the easiest way and then stack mastery, and from what i can see, you're closer to the 9778 haste breakpoint than the 13737 BP. id suggest you download the addon reforgelite, it should atleast make the reforging a bit easier but from what i can see you can easily reforge the haste on your neck into mastery and then remove your reforge on your bracers for that mastery there, same with your staff, that should be around 1100 haste turned into mastery and you'll have around 9,9k haste and around 13k mastery.
    Mastery is typically better on bursty situations too — there are a lot of fights with adds that need to die pronto (i.e Norushen, Malkorok, etc.). The new soulswap + mastery heavy build makes this very easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well you also have to take the nature of the encounters in SoO into account. yes, haste is prolly best on single target fights but mastery is better on multidotting fights, so ill put it this way, how many single target fights are there in SoO? there arent many single target fights in SoO, and unless you want to reforge and regem for those fights id suggest you stick with whatever haste breakpoint you can get to the easiest way and then stack mastery, and from what i can see, you're closer to the 9778 haste breakpoint than the 13737 BP. id suggest you download the addon reforgelite, it should atleast make the reforging a bit easier but from what i can see you can easily reforge the haste on your neck and staff(altho reforging the hit might be better as you're over hitcap by around 600) into mastery and then remove your reforge on your bracers for that mastery there, same with your staff, that should be around 1100 haste turned into mastery and you'll have around 9,9k haste and around 13k mastery.
    ah I won the neck last night then forgot to reforge it. I guess I'm closer to the 9778 breakpoint because I'm gemmed full Mastery. also - I was under the impression that the passive % provided by Bindings of Immerseus didn't contribute to haste breakpoints which is why I'm at 11k (just over 9778 without trinket equipped). if that information is false then I'll probably reforge back into full Mastery. thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't sacrifice even 1k mastery for reach at a new haste breakpoint, unless you got the 2tp bonus, then the breakpoint would be very good for guarantee the UA proc.

Deleted
    I got Garrosh normal trinket, KTT HC and HC weapon and Affliction is soooo strong. Multidotting is way out of hand and in a single target I'm also destroying everyone in DPS by far. Especially that 10stack Garrosh proc is so much better for affliction than any other class. Wouldn't be surprised if they did something to Soul Swap, it's currently pretty broken imo.

So we were progressing on Galakras heroic 25m today, and I decided to try out the rotation with using Mannoroth's Fury and 2x SoC's in 10 second bursts that lined up with MF. We didn't kill the boss, but we got to see the second phase, and the results until then was actually quite good I would say. This is definitely something I'll try out on other fights too, but on this particular fight I think this is a very viable playstyle.

Logs have not yet been uploaded, but I'll edit this post to contain them once they do. Meanwhile, these are some screenshots I took of my damage distribution as well as the amount of SoC hits I was managing to get out. The screenshots don't say, but it was a 9 minute fight.

edit: this is a link to the log for that particular try. In other tries I toned down the SoC-spammage a bit to further contribute to stuns and targetted nukes.

For those of you who've done the fight, do you have any tips?
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-09-19 at 10:36 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    For those of you who've done the fight, do you have any tips?
    Best tip would be: Don't worry too much about your total AoE done with SoC. Its' great, sure - but it's much better to keep a superbuffed agony on as many things as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is AffDots properly reflecting multidotting via Soul Swap? IIRC the new Soul Swap maintains both the duration and strength of your dots, but for some reason, AffDots seems to represent them as if they would benefit from a sudden (usually repeat) trinket procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinavi View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is AffDots properly reflecting multidotting via Soul Swap? IIRC the new Soul Swap maintains both the duration and strength of your dots, but for some reason, AffDots seems to represent them as if they would benefit from a sudden (usually repeat) trinket procs.
    It doesn't work properly, the author knows about this. It might not be that easy to solve, for now just try to remember your dot strength on extra targets

Do you guys have any tips to play AFf on the Kor'kron Dark shaman encounter? We got them down today on 10m Normal after 5 pulls, so it wasnt that bad, but the fight felt really frustrating. Not only did my pets kept dying - forcing me to go Sacrifice - but it was incredibly hard to get good Seeds on the Slimes, specially towards the end.

I am also in a ten man guild and i basically ignored the slimes and we had our enhancement shaman switch to ele to help with the slimes. i focused on the bosses but when i was able i threw a seed on the bosses to hit the slimes as they were near them. Also shadowfury can stun them so u can hit the front of the group and seed it then dot it when the back of the slime pack catches up and blow up the seed for some damage on them

What is the proper opening sequence for a 3-4 mob fight? (protectors/dark shaman)

I have been doing pre cast Haunt > SB:SS > MG until Wush is at 10 stacks > SB:SS > SS to the other mobs. Not sure if there is a better way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    What is the proper opening sequence for a 3-4 mob fight? (protectors/dark shaman)

I have been doing pre cast Haunt > SB:SS > MG until Wush is at 10 stacks > SB:SS > SS to the other mobs. Not sure if there is a better way
    I do precast haunt > SB:SS > MG 1-2secs > DS+berzerking+lifeblood when procs > Spread dots until 7-8 stacks of wush and cast SB:SS again at 10stack and spread dots again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    I do precast haunt > SB:SS > MG 1-2secs > DS+berzerking+lifeblood when procs > Spread dots until 7-8 stacks of wush and cast SB:SS again at 10stack and spread dots again.
    I'm wondering if it's better to delay the cast of the first haunt after all procs and ds.

Deleted
    On shamans just ignore blobs except to drain soul snipe for shards. I did over 2x more boss damage than the second dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    On shamans just ignore blobs except to drain soul snipe for shards. I did over 2x more boss damage than the second dps.
    It was like that for our 2 Demo Locks who just rotated killing the blobs most pulls. On the kill I ended up barely beating them with a silly Fire Mage beating me by a measly 3M damage. Very very good encounter for Affliction though, no one even comes close on opening DPS and it sort of carries you the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Woz; 2013-09-20 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It was like that for our 2 Demo Locks who just rotated killing the blobs most pulls. On the kill I ended up barely beating them with a silly Fire Mage beating me by a measly 3M damage. Very very good encounter for Affliction though, no one even comes close on opening DPS and it sort of carries you the rest of the way.
    Yeah, I had like 85m damage done/700k DPS after dogs were dead with affliction, other classes/specs had half of that. I died when bosses were like 25% and had 150m/390k dps, second best dps had 115m/300k dps at that point. We were killed them separately, so no multidotting both after dogs.

What I did to adds was I used my shards except one before adds and SB:SoC when adds spawned then i swapped all dots+soc to one add and drainsouled it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Yeah, I had like 85m damage done/700k DPS after dogs were dead with affliction, other classes/specs had half of that. I died when bosses were like 25% and had 150m/390k dps, second best dps had 115m/300k dps at that point. We were killed them separately, so no multidotting both after dogs.

What I did to adds was I used my shards except one before adds and SB:SoC when adds spawned then i swapped all dots+soc to one add and drainsouled it.
    im assuming you mean you killed the dogs separetely as the shamans themselves share health and it would be a dps loss not to dot the shamans up.

Deleted
    im assuming you mean you killed the dogs separetely as the shamans themselves share health and it would be a dps loss not to dot the shamans up.
    The fight is much easier if you completely separate the shamans in the huge room. It might get fixed one day, but it would be a bit late I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The fight is much easier if you completely separate the shamans in the huge room. It might get fixed one day, but it would be a bit late I guess.
    With a new tank and 2 offspec healers (qq) this fight took us over an hour yesterday having spent less time on it last week, so I'm interested in anything that will make it easier. Probably the wrong place to ask, but where exactly do you tank each boss? I presume they still have to switch at a certain amount of stacks and what not.