how the hell can ppl push out 300k dps single target? im ilvl 540 and got the 9778 haste breakpoint. around 11k mastery. On target dummy I do a meager 120k dps compared to 150k as destruction. I'm keeping the dots up + haunt/grasp, the damage still feels really poor.

Also if agony is supposed to be the strongest dot, how come my unstable affliction does more damage all the time? both ticks and dps is higher on UA
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2013-10-23 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    how the hell can ppl push out 300k dps single target? im ilvl 540 and got the 9778 haste breakpoint. around 11k mastery. On target dummy I do a meager 120k dps compared to 150k as destruction. I'm keeping the dots up + haunt/grasp, the damage still feels really poor.

Also if agony is supposed to be the strongest dot, how come my unstable affliction does more damage all the time? both ticks and dps is higher on UA
    Not sure what AddOns you are using, but i highly suggest you to use Affdots (see curse.com) to keep up strongest dot's whenever you have proc's up.

Key words here = Target Dummy

ilvl 556 simmed almost 270k DPS for me, it's easy, gear OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Numiro View Post
    ilvl 556 simmed almost 270k DPS for me, it's easy, gear OP.
    there is still a world of difference between simmed dps and actual in game dps..

- - - Updated - - -

get 25-30 more average ilvls, reach the 13737 haste breakpoint along with 16-19k mastery unbuffed and those 300k dps is rather easy, at that gear lvl you're entering the realm of 400k dps. in ilvl 540 you wont do 300k dps except on pull dps.

agony was our highest dmging dot until it got it's 15% dmg nerf, UA should edge ahead now but that depends on your uptime quite a bit, keeping agony up is easy, UA can be more of a hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    get 25-30 more average ilvls, reach the 13737 haste breakpoint along with 16-19k mastery unbuffed and those 300k dps is rather easy, at that gear lvl you're entering the realm of 400k dps. in ilvl 540 you wont do 300k dps except on pull dps.

agony was our highest dmging dot until it got it's 15% dmg nerf, UA should edge ahead now but that depends on your uptime quite a bit, keeping agony up is easy, UA can be more of a hassle.
    Gear definitely makes a big difference, even the raw int in each upgrade is worth a good chunk. Worth noting though that a good lock will still have agony as their highest damaging ability on an average 'single' target fight. This is primarily because, as you mentioned, the duration is longer and therefore you should be able to milk a good bit more mileage out of procs.

Deleted
    If your UA is doing more damage than your Agony, you're doing it wrong (unless it's a fight with a large amount of targets). Either you are letting it drop off, or you are not taking full advantage of snapshotting procs/cooldowns. Make sure you use AffDots and have a way to see how long your procs/cooldowns have remaining on them. It's not totally clear from the original question, but it sounds like you just refresh dots when they are about to run out. Making sure you have powerful dots as long as possible is absolutely crucial to affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    If your UA is doing more damage than your Agony, you're doing it wrong
    Not necessarily.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6v...?s=2317&e=2605

^ Rank 1 Iron Juggernaut parse, only 0.02% between UA and Agony. Not hard to believe they could swap places if one crit a little more. Then you add in the MG ghost ticks and UA is clearly ahead.

Ok I thought it was really goofy when Xyronic posted ranks nobody cares about, but now you are too? Get a grip of yourselves nobody cares. You could of easily posted any log ever but you posted a rank 1 to try and look cool lol.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-10-23 at 05:32 PM.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool your jets, Cabana. He's responding specifically to a post saying you're doing it wrong if you get certain damage results, then posting a log for which someone is obviously doing it right, getting those exact results.

(Incidentally counting MG/DS, UA DOES hit harder in that log - the Agony nerf hurt)
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-23 at 09:29 PM. Reason: I can type.

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Ok I thought it was really goofy when Xyronic posted ranks nobody cares about, but now you are too? Get a grip of yourselves nobody cares. You could of easily posted any log ever but you posted a rank 1 to try and look cool lol.
    Well, I could have posted an unranked parse, but seeing as how the original point was that he was doing it "wrong", that wouldn't illustrate my point very well now would it? Someone's a keyboard warrior today!

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    If you'll recall correctly, I posted that log in direct response to someone asking for a AD log. I did, and qualified it by stating it was high ranking and not some random log. Get over yourself.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

The logic behind saying agony should do more damage is slightly flawed because it assumes buffed UA's duration will run out and buffed Agony will last longer and thus do more damage. What if ur procs are frequent enough to run buffed UA most of the time. Which spell does more damage then? UA of course. Between two trinkets, meta gem, potion, dark soul and gaming pandemic I can keep UA buffed quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    The logic behind saying agony should do more damage is slightly flawed because it assumes buffed UA's duration will run out and buffed Agony will last longer and thus do more damage. What if ur procs are frequent enough to run buffed UA most of the time. Which spell does more damage then? UA of course. Between two trinkets, meta gem, potion, dark soul and gaming pandemic I can keep UA buffed quite a lot.
    This. If you get frequent procs, UA would top agony on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    there is still a world of difference between simmed dps and actual in game dps...
    Please elaborate, I'm matching sim numbers pretty well most of the time.

Do remember that you have to reflect the fight you're comparing with in your sims, having a practice dummy as the only target isn't exactly comparable to, say, paragons. However having a practice dummy is pretty comparable with Sha of w/e normal, assuming you do nothing but nuke boss and don't get buffs.

Deleted
    Hey fellow Warlocks

Iam long time reader... but this is my first post. Long story short...

Why hasn't anybody mentioned the shadow nerf to affli warlocks in SoO? ... what I mean?

Half the mobs in boss encounters don't give soulshards anymore.

Examples: Protectors... any add dying, Malkorok, Thok, Paragons. Within the first weeks of Progress (25HC), all the adds out there could be soulleeched for extra shards. But since last reset (the one before this week) a great number of mobs doesn't. This sucks and I wounder why nobody mentioned it before...
    I tested it in Flex also, but there is no difference. This change was also not announced anywhere in the hotfix messages.

Or do I miss a detail and doing something realy wrong since last week?

Malkorok adds were giving shards last week in EU. Not sure about protectors, though.

Deleted
    Nothing changed. I guess you just never noticed. Protectors adds and thok jailor and even paragons bosses themselves dont grant resources. Malkorok adds do though.

Deleted
    I was pretty sure, the protector adds gave soulshards in week 1-2 ... cuz I could haunt everything like a madman and always had full shards. Thought also norushen adds, and those on Sha of Pride gave soulshards

Maybe I realy never noticed.

Deleted
    It has been like this before SoO as well. Adds that for some reason don't actually ''die'' don't activate effects like gaining full shards from Drain Soul. I don't think it's really an intended way to lower warlock DPS, it's just incidental.

Personally, I think the amount of shards you can get on fights like Siegecrafter is a little silly. There are mines almost all the time, so Haunt basically becomes my filler. It's still a nice mechanic to gain a small amount of extra damage if you are paying attention, but I don't think it's such a bad thing that some mobs don't work.