1. #541
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    As a Goblin with 810 Crit Rating and 5100 Hit Rating (precisely) after reforges, the breakpoint at which Mastery becomes better than Haste is 3736 (the point where UA and Corr gain an extra tick during BL) (yes ticks are still something to worry about, if you refresh on any optimal moment, you get x ticks added on, a breakpoint increases that by 1), rather than the 3043 one for non-Gobs that I saw several threads mentioning, which would be about 2.6k ish for gobs.

    Did anyone else try extensive simcrafting to see where Mastery and Haste pulls ahead? Would be interested in some comparisons.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    As a Goblin with 810 Crit Rating and 5100 Hit Rating (precisely) after reforges, the breakpoint at which Mastery becomes better than Haste is 3736 (the point where UA and Corr gain an extra tick during BL) (yes ticks are still something to worry about, if you refresh on any optimal moment, you get x ticks added on, a breakpoint increases that by 1), rather than the 3043 one for non-Gobs that I saw several threads mentioning, which would be about 2.6k ish for gobs.

    Did anyone else try extensive simcrafting to see where Mastery and Haste pulls ahead? Would be interested in some comparisons.
    Mastery and haste switch positions very, very often and with even a small increase in one stat the other gets ahead. For multidotting purposes mastery is better than haste, and so many people (myself included) like to recommend that you keep mastery and haste ratings within about 300-400 stats of eachother, with more mastery than haste.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Mastery and haste switch positions very, very often and with even a small increase in one stat the other gets ahead. For multidotting purposes mastery is better than haste, and so many people (myself included) like to recommend that you keep mastery and haste ratings within about 300-400 stats of eachother, with more mastery than haste.
    This thinking is okay as far as a general "rule of thumb", but isn't going to net you the best DPS possible. That only comes with simming your toon, and getting your exact values for what is the best for you at that very moment.

  4. #544
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Mastery and haste switch positions very, very often
    For pure singletarget purposes, simmed, Haste was actually consistently 50% better than Mastery anywhere between 1.5k and this cap (when only reforging haste and mastery to eachother, keeping crit and hit at the same level). After this cap, Mastery was consistently 20% better than Haste.

    But I get your point, when there is a whole ton of extra Mastery and Haste on my gear later on, a higher Haste cap might become better. But so far, for the pure singletarget, I wouldn't consider once "very, very often". Perhaps this is the case when not hitcapping tho, but just speaking from my own findings here.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    This thinking is okay as far as a general "rule of thumb", but isn't going to net you the best DPS possible. That only comes with simming your toon, and getting your exact values for what is the best for you at that very moment.
    I suppose that I should be more specific. It was talking about not pure single target sims. Pure single-target I wouldn't doubt that haste would be the best for extended periods of time, but taking into account multidotting mastery becomes better if not the best and switches pretty much with breakpoints.

  6. #546
    So is there a specific amount of mastery you just wouldnt want to reforge out of to get 4717, with my gear its possible but im going below 50% mastery and im not close to hit cap. Please help me out^^

    if you can look at my armory on stormreaver - US my name is atora, thanks!!!
    Last edited by attora; 2012-10-30 at 07:23 AM.

  7. #547
    I think it's fair to say we won't be reforging between each fight, so I'm going for the 4717 breakpoint and going mastery from there. At one point I couldn't get my mastery higher than my haste by doing this, but now I'm comfortably sitting on 4729 haste with over 5k mastery, and 14% hit.

    You will probably need to run a few sims to test it out. I found using askmrrobot using the dungeon hit cap and then exporting different setups to simcraft helped me to find a good balance. If you can't get to 4717 haste without sacrificing a tonne of other stats it may not be worth going for until you get more gear. Also, I found that regemming to full mastery, hit/mastery, int/mastery gems kept my mastery high.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by attora View Post
    So is there a specific amount of mastery you just wouldnt want to reforge out of to get 4717, with my gear its possible but im going below 50% mastery and im not close to hit cap. Please help me out^^

    if you can look at my armory on stormreaver - US my name is atora, thanks!!!
    This is explained in the video on the main page, as is most of this discussion about Mastery vs Haste.
    Visit www.warcraftacademy.com for full video guides for all encounters in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Armory Link - ScrubBusters 25 Man World #7

  9. #549
    Sorry if it has been mentioned before (I didn't see it in the main post though), but how do racials compare for Affliction? I'm horde.

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Sorry if it has been mentioned before (I didn't see it in the main post though), but how do racials compare for Affliction? I'm horde.
    Always has been, always will be Orc. Spell Power CD + Racial to increase pet damage (though this doesn't pertain to Aff anymore) is king.

  11. #551
    Can someone explain mastery ratings to me?
    First page:
    "Mastery
    Each percent of Mastery increases the damage you do with Agony, Corruption and Unstable Affliction by 1%. Each percent of Mastery is equal to 302 Mastery rating"

    Ingame I have 5691 mastery rating and tooltip text "24,80 + 29,40". 24,80 is base, 29,40 is what I have from mastery rating. 5691/29,40 ~= 193. Also tried to remove some of my gear, it's still 193.

  12. #552
    It's probably just out of date. Mastery is 600 rating to 1 'point' - 1 point being what it was in 4.3, and each point raises DoT damage by 3.1%. 600 rating / 3.1% = 193.55 rating per % of DoT damage.

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    Always has been, always will be Orc. Spell Power CD + Racial to increase pet damage (though this doesn't pertain to Aff anymore) is king.
    That's a bold statement from your side. I'm quite certain that Undead and Goblin will be even with Orc in full BiS due to BF not stacking with DS aynmore and no more wands.

  14. #554
    Anyone knows what dps increase are the 2 set and 4set bonuses http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123136, i tried to run a simulation without this line "# tier14_2pc_caster=1" but made no difference in the results.

  15. #555
    It's 2% of overall DPS, or thereabouts.

  16. #556
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    That's a bold statement from your side. I'm quite certain that Undead and Goblin will be even with Orc in full BiS due to BF not stacking with DS aynmore and no more wands.
    Blood fury still stacks with DS if I am not mistaken. But I will agree that Orc is not the end all be all when it comes to affliction.

  17. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Blood fury still stacks with DS if I am not mistaken. But I will agree that Orc is not the end all be all when it comes to affliction.
    Bonkura means that with the 4 piece, Blood Fury's CD will be 120s while DS's CD will be 80s. Only every third DS will line up with Blood Fury.

  18. #558
    I have a 470 IVL. I looked at ASK Mr. Robot. It has two options either to build or hit cap haste and mastery build.

    Hit cap build - 14.90% hit cap, 10.72% haste or haste build - 14.55% haste and 9.34% hit?

    Which one suits me? (raid build)

    My armor: Henrietta

  19. #559
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nical/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1zl36fkugqoeaqlt/

    recently rerolled warlock for raids and I am still not sure for reforges and rotations etc, if anyone could help me out please that would be great.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nical/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1zl36fkugqoeaqlt/

    recently rerolled warlock for raids and I am still not sure for reforges and rotations etc, if anyone could help me out please that would be great.
    Page 1, you're welcome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •