1. #701
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty big thing to keep from us if it's intended design. They should have told us in beta that it was the case if this is true. Anyone with a twitter account willing to badger GC about it?
    Sure. Taking care of it right now.

  2. #702
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    Hi, I have searched many threads and posts in forum, also searched nearly every DoT addon via curse client, but havent noticed or seen any addon that I want. Every addon shows what I casted, I want a dot tracker addon that shows DoTs I should cast and maintain all time. Tried dottracket, dottimer, fortexorcist, lockdots, etc. Please tell me an addon very usefull for affliction.
    Get need to know - easy to set up and lots of options to customise.

    That said - I don't see why you'd need to know what dots to cast - if it's not up, it should be. Its absence from the tracker should speak loud enough, and there's almost no reason to let a dot fall off to begin with - that's the whole point of the tracks you mention - but NTK can be made to flash warnings when something that should be there, isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Don't use doomguard with heroism. It's a complete waste right now. Someone also told me that Blizzard had acknowledged the issue and that it is intended, although I don't have a source for that. Right now, use him at 20%.
    Whelp, that makes me glad I've been doing that anyway.

  3. #703
    I did a quick search for this thread so my apologies if it's been pointed out seeing that the last thing about Windsong was when it was broken but does Jade Spirit still come out ahead of Windsong for Affliction?

  4. #704
    Jade spirit will always being superior.

    In the perfect world, you will always get the haste / mastery bonus, whose are awesome. But in practice you will notice a ridiculously high amount of crit proc.

    On the other hand with Jade Spirit you can't go wrong. Int AAAAALLLL THE WAAAAAAYYYYY on a predictable pattern. Much more reliable.

  5. #705
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Don't use doomguard with heroism. It's a complete waste right now. Someone also told me that Blizzard had acknowledged the issue and that it is intended, although I don't have a source for that. Right now, use him at 20%.
    O.o I don't like it since you'll never benift from your doomguard full time.

    Example: Stone Guards: I was popping Doomguard after 1º set of tiles being light up, now when bosses are at 20%? Will cut our dps alot.

    Feng- I was popping him at the start of the fight keeping me always on top 2-3. Now I need to use him on last phase(fire phase).

    Gara'jal- When boss reaches 20% his hp will drop so fast and furious...We can't use it on 20% but I would say 25% with potion?

    Spirit Kings- This it's a tricky boss since we will have 4 bosses to choose where to use DG, here im using him at start. What you suggest here? Using him at the 1ºboss on 20% and let it run for the 2nd boss?

    Elegon- At this fight, I was saving him for last phase so no big deal.

    Will of Emperor- I was using it on the 1st titan gas, I was doing it wrong tho.

    Heart of Fear

    Zorlok- So on this boss we don't pop him right way when he pull all raid to him, it seems we need to wait until he reaches 21-20% hp.

    Blade Lord Ta'yak- I'm sorry but on this fight I WILL NOT USE him at 20%, will be a HUGEE dps lost.

    Garalon- At 20%? Isn't bad thinking :P

    Wind Lord Meljarak- 20% hp it's the way to go if you aren't dead, raining blades it's like a truck.

    Amber-Shaper- If you're on vehicle you'll not able to pop DG so I suggest you use it at the start of the fight. Suggestions?

    Empress- Nothing to say here, 20% and burning it down.

    Terrace

    Protectors- Prefer to use him at the start, but I will switch when last boss it's at 20%hp I guess.

    Tsulong- Use it at the start! Or on "night phase", we kill him on "day phase" imagine if i had use it on "day phase". omg...

    Lei- Hard to say here... Since he vanish and "call" adds. I rather use it at the start with all proc's active and such.

    Sha of Fear- 20% hp nothing to say here.

    Evrelia you did some maths about the difference to use it with heroism or at 20%? It's a huge dps lost if we pop it at the begin with all proc's active?

    Any doubts or suggestions?
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-11-21 at 09:42 AM.

  6. #706
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    O.o I don't like it since you'll never benift from your doomguard full time.

    Example: Stone Guards: I was popping Doomguard after 1º set of tiles being light up, now when bosses are at 20%? Will cut our dps alot.

    Feng- I was popping him at the start of the fight keeping me always on top 2-3. Now I need to use him on last phase(fire phase).

    Gara'jal- When boss reaches 20% his hp will drop so fast and furious...We can't use it on 20% but I would say 25% with potion?

    Spirit Kings- This it's a tricky boss since we will have 4 bosses to choose where to use DG, here im using him at start. What you suggest here? Using him at the 1ºboss on 20% and let it run for the 2nd boss?

    Elegon- At this fight, I was saving him for last phase so no big deal.

    Will of Emperor- I was using it on the 1st titan gas, I was doing it wrong tho.

    Heart of Fear

    Zorlok- So on this boss we don't pop him right way when he pull all raid to him, it seems we need to wait until he reaches 21-20% hp.

    Blade Lord Ta'yak- I'm sorry but on this fight I WILL NOT USE him at 20%, will be a HUGEE dps lost.

    Garalon- At 20%? Isn't bad thinking :P

    Wind Lord Meljarak- 20% hp it's the way to go if you aren't dead, raining blades it's like a truck.

    Amber-Shaper- If you're on vehicle you'll not able to pop DG so I suggest you use it at the start of the fight. Suggestions?

    Empress- Nothing to say here, 20% and burning it down.

    Terrace

    Protectors- Prefer to use him at the start, but I will switch when last boss it's at 20%hp I guess.

    Tsulong- Use it at the start! Or on "night phase", we kill him on "day phase" imagine if i had use it on "day phase". omg...

    Lei- Hard to say here... Since he vanish and "call" adds. I rather use it at the start with all proc's active and such.

    Sha of Fear- 20% hp nothing to say here.

    Evrelia you did some maths about the difference to use it with heroism or at 20%? It's a huge dps lost if we pop it at the begin with all proc's active?

    Any doubts or suggestions?
    Obviously yes, encounter mechanics still dictate when you will use him in a lot of situations. I'm not going to go through every encounter right here and now (although my YouTube encounter guides will eventually). I will point out that it's pretty silly to use him at the start on Amber-Shaper though, since the boss takes more and more damage throughout.

  7. #707
    Yes but which it's the best time to use Doomguard at the start of the fight with all proc's active and running or 20%?

    That it's my real question the rest I can handle myself. Different bosses require different approaches.

  8. #708
    Dear Community,

    thx to everybody who answered my question. I would try to keep all the imputs in mind, especially the boss advices. Thx

  9. #709
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Yes but which it's the best time to use Doomguard at the start of the fight with all proc's active and running or 20%?

    That it's my real question the rest I can handle myself. Different bosses require different approaches.
    two things to think about, first DG gets his own dps buff on targets sub 20%. second, sub 20% its possible to have 100% uptime on haunt, further increasing DG's damage. without any math to back it, i would assume sub 20% will be better than at the start with all procs mechanics allowing. also, because DG last for a minute, all of your procs are likely to be active at some point over his duration anyway

    and obviously if the sub20% phase lasts for less than 1min, pop it when boss has just over 1min to death ;p

  10. #710
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    two things to think about, first DG gets his own dps buff on targets sub 20%. second, sub 20% its possible to have 100% uptime on haunt, further increasing DG's damage. without any math to back it, i would assume sub 20% will be better than at the start with all procs mechanics allowing. also, because DG last for a minute, all of your procs are likely to be active at some point over his duration anyway

    and obviously if the sub20% phase lasts for less than 1min, pop it when boss has just over 1min to death ;p
    <3 thanks alot for your response! Your argument it's valid enough for me. Besides you right, proc's last 20 sec xD. And Doomguard will be 1 mnt active.

    Now the tricky question? But <20% hp you will not benift im full time. Since at 20% mostly of the bosses will die like a thunder. Which % you think it's viable to pop him to benift him full time? At 30-25% hp?

  11. #711
    DG doesn't benefit from Lust?! My world just turned upside down...
    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  12. #712
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    <3 thanks alot for your response! Your argument it's valid enough for me. Besides you right, proc's last 20 sec xD. And Doomguard will be 1 mnt active.

    Now the tricky question? But <20% hp you will not benift im full time. Since at 20% mostly of the bosses will die like a thunder. Which % you think it's viable to pop him to benift him full time? At 30-25% hp?
    completely impossible to say since it varies depending on your raids dps. only you with some experience can know this im afraid. i would say however, that it is better to pop him at 30% and have him despawn at 5%, than pop him at 20% and have boss die with DG still having some duration left (numbers are just for sake of example)

  13. #713
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    sub 20% its possible to have 100% uptime on haunt, further increasing DG's damage
    Why would Haunt increase your demon damage, is it tested on training dummy?

  14. #714
    hey man , great guide, but the wowraids.org link has expired !

  15. #715
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    DG doesn't benefit from Lust?! My world just turned upside down...
    If I had to guess at a reason it'd be that the DG's energy regen isn't scaling with haste and it's becoming energy capped at 17 doom bolts over it's duration.

    Edit: and it appears this guess would have been wrong, at least visually there's enough energy despite the long delay before casting.
    Last edited by CDShaidar; 2012-11-22 at 05:28 PM.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

  16. #716
    Apologize for the length here, but it is affliction and encounter related.

    Elv's vids (most notably elegon) have been a huge help, and I'm left considering the possibilities to maximize on other bosses in particular.

    WotE- Considering using GoSupp with an imp since outside of tear gas phases (normal, correct me on heroic), I'm rarely getting the full benefit of haunt + mg. That might just be me trying to dot everything with the influx of shards, is that the preferred strategy?

    Garalon- I've seen this debated to the nth degree and personally feel that what works best for me is sb'd dots on 3 targets (boss + two legs), haunt a leg mg soulswap off before it dies, continue as normal while primarily focusing on single target boss with little movement

    BLT- This one is all sorts of helter skelter for me personally. I run AV over KJC since movement is brief with tornados and the hamstring can be a bit of a hindrance getting to that last platform. Any little tips you warlocks use here personally? I've thought about using tele + demon circle to jet across the map, being mindful of tornados in the path in phase 2 of course.

    Protectors- Here I've been running KJC primarily for phase 3 elite and keeping corr on the other bosses until its down to one.

    Tsulong- Another one in the realm of WotE of me trying to figure out. Sims support gosac over gosup, so I went with that + kjc. However, I noticed that I preformed better ignoring the passive to KJC and just using FF when clearing debuff / moving out of pools. In phase 2, I'm focusing on the small sha adds primarily, with a row of dots maintained on the big guy. However, they die almost as fast as elegon sparks so I'm curious if 2x haunt would be better than a sb dot + mg. Or perhaps sb ss the 3 closest and mg the nearest one?

    TL;DR- Certain bosses listed above and which t90 talent to choose for each, is WotE the only time gosup shines over gosac, and finally, how do you manage 3ish adds (garalon where they last longer / tsulong where they're spawned and killed rapidly.)

    Sorry if it's a bit rambly, and I know responding to each individually would take some time, so if there's any particular boss that you've found a solid strategy for, I'm more than willing to learn to improve my performance.

  17. #717
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Yes but which it's the best time to use Doomguard at the start of the fight with all proc's active and running or 20%?
    Fairly sure the buff he gets post 20% and the fact that during that time, you should have additional procs should win out, though I have zero mathematical evidence to back this up.

    As for things like it being a dps loss on stone guards etc because it won't last the full duration - pop it as close to 1minute before the kill, full duration and the 20% buff, yes you're going to have to do some guesswork as to when the last minute will be, but DBM records the fastest kill you have, try and base it off and make adjustments if you're running with 2 healers instead of 3 etc.

  18. #718
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    458
    By now, is the Essence of Terror<<Relic of Yu'lon?

  19. #719
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    By now, is the Essence of Terror<<Relic of Yu'lon?
    It should be EoT:H > RoY > LotC:H > EoT > LotC.

  20. #720
    can u guys advice some unit frames to keep track of my dots on multiple targets(bosses mainly) on boss fights like stone guards or will of the emperor.On stone guards its okeyish since i see my dots through nameplates,but on will of the emperor fight i always fail to keep my dots up on bosses. =\

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •