.... cant post because it says no links or vids or image? im trying to make a post about gems and simc but after typing it all up it says no links or images or vids and wont let me post it. FYI the post have no links or images or vids

edit: will try to make this short and simple to see if it lets me post.

491ivl

int 4.13
    mastery 2.16

currently have 4x 160 int gems socketed, how is it possible that at 491 ilvl im still using int gems over mastery
    Last edited by weakdots; 2012-12-12 at 07:32 PM.

With those stat values, you shouldn't be. Remember, on gems, you get twice as many secondary stats as you do primary (320 mastery vs 160 int).

int 4.13 so 160 gem (4.13*1.05*160)= 693.84
    mastery 2.16 so 320 gem (2.16*320)= 691.2

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    int 4.13 so 160 gem (4.13*1.05*160)= 693.84
    mastery 2.16 so 320 gem (2.16*320)= 691.2
    You don't multiply by 1.05 for INT. The 1.05 is already factored in. Basically you should read it as "if I get 1 more INT I will get 4.13 more DPS".
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ombre View Post
    I haven't changed any of my gems, i did however reforge to more haste. i hit the 6637 threshold and only then did haste dip below mastery( i had about 6090) mastery remaining at that point. Should i keep the 4717 with 7910mastery or is it worth switching to 6637 haste and 6090 mastery.

I know I'm not the only one whose a tad bit confused. If anyone can possibly point me in the right direction, id appreciate it ;-D
    Play with whatever you're most comfortable with, there's no "right direction" as far as I know.
    I'm playing with 9778 haste cap myself, and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Interestingly Simcraft tells me to go Full Haste, no idea why.
    Full haste as in even leaving mastery behind or just until they're even? Quoting myself from last page:

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Speaking of which. For me SimCraft still wanted me to go haste over mastery with the newest versions. I was sitting at ~6700 haste and ~7800 mastery and not until I was around ~100 mastery over haste it told me mastery is slightly better. So it's just the same as it has been the entire expansion. Fuck haste thresholds and keep mastery slightly over haste. I'm not sure if we should follow it but it doesn't either seem like anyone has done any good theorycrafting that shows that taking the 4717 and 6637 haste levels and then full mastery would be better. I guess we'll just keep following what SimCraft says for now with hit being the exception where people can go for what they are comfortable with but have the fight mechanics in mind.
    I think the SimC action list needs to be remodeled. If I get it right it doesn't react to procs. It just refreshes dots when they go low and SB:SS if all are low, right?

If the rotation would be this straightforward I can see why haste/mastery would keep being even. However if we're supposed to react to procs I think it will look very diffent.

I might be completely wrong about how SimC works so I'm sorry if that's the case. I just see no logic behind how it wants us to keep holding haste/mastery even.

Quote Originally Posted by Einomies View Post
    Play with whatever you're most comfortable with, there's no "right direction" as far as I know.
    I'm playing with 9778 haste cap myself, and I like it.
    This sounds just bad. Especially if you're progressing on Sha HC with the 15% haste buff. How many life taps do you have to do during a fight?

Deleted
    This sounds just bad. Especially if you're progressing on Sha HC with the 15% haste buff. How many life taps do you have to do during a fight?
    Yeah I'm lowering my haste after 15% buff of course, and I life tap then when flying to platform and on p2 when boss burrows.
    But anyway, when I sim my char it differs like 50-100dps between 4717+mastery, 6637+mastery or 9778+mastery, so I play which I like.
    And I just love haste

I was using this same 9778 threshold few weeks ago also, then switched to 6637 or whatever that threshold was, but didn't like it as much as playing with haste so I'm back with 9778 cap. With some of my old gear it even simmed better.
    Last edited by mmoc5112d29a08; 2012-12-13 at 12:47 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i always have a bit of an issue with simcraft, since the action list is so horribly wrong. it currently plays like i did at the very beginning of the expansion, ie not reacting to procs (never mained alock before, been DK before that) and my dps was horrible. i wqas doing 45k on feng in 460ilvl. then i watched evrelias guide started reacting to procs and the pull after watching it i did 55k, and my dps only increased since then (THANK YOU EVRELIA )

my point is, that the action list is just plain wrong tbh, so why should we trust it at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Question to all:
    How should i reforge now? Stay as it is or rush to haste breakpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question to all:
    How should i reforge now? Stay as it is or rush to haste breakpoint?
    I personally don't understand why people go for the 4717 breakpoint and then stack a lot of mastery. SimCraft has always suggested to keep haste and mastery somewhat even with mastery slightly ahead. In practice you MIGHT benefit from grabbing the 6637 haste breakpoint even with mastery as low as ~5500 but I'm not convinced about this either. So I'd say grab it if you can keep mastery within 400-500 points otherwise try keep the both ratings more even. I'm stacking mastery now after 6637 just because I've found myself life tapping a lot more after getting the 4 piece bonus.

Whats so good about keeping haste and mastery somewhat even with mastery slightly ahead? Sorry if I have missed anything.

The thing is people don't understand how haste works for us this expansion. Because of Pandemic we will be looking at refreshing our dots below 50% but still as close to it as possible. And because of this there's not many times we will benefit from extra ticks. In fact we're gonna need huge difference in haste values to see any real difference in the amount of ticks we get.

Haste and mastery scale together in the way that they are in need of each other to increase our damage output. It doesn't matter if we cast super fast if our dot damage is low and it doesn't matter if our dots tick really hard if we sacrifice extra ticks, mainly from MG.

On multiple target fights you might think that reaching haste thresholds is better but theorycrafting has proven that mastery in fact scales better on multi target fights. This is also because the fact that we rarely are gonna get all ticks because either we're refreshing the dots or the targets are dying.

I might be wrong with some of these statements so people who have spent more time theorycrafting are more than welcome to fill in if I missed something.

The thing is people don't understand how haste works for us this expansion. Because of Pandemic we will be looking at refreshing our dots below 50% but still as close to it as possible. And because of this there's not many times we will benefit from extra ticks. In fact we're gonna need huge difference in haste values to see any real difference in the amount of ticks we get.

Haste and mastery scale together in the way that they are in need of each other to increase our damage output. It doesn't matter if we cast super fast if our dot damage is low and it doesn't matter if our dots tick really hard if we sacrifice extra ticks, mainly from MG.

On multiple target fights you might think that reaching haste thresholds is better but theorycrafting has proven that mastery in fact scales better on multi target fights. This is also because the fact that we rarely are gonna get all ticks because either we're refreshing the dots or the targets are dying.

I might be wrong with some of these statements so people who have spent more time theorycrafting are more than welcome to fill in if I missed something.
    Roughly even with more mastery is all that I've ever simmed to be the best. I have no clue who first came up with 4717 and then stacking mastery, but it's dead wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Roughly even with more mastery is all that I've ever simmed to be the best. I have no clue who first came up with 4717 and then stacking mastery, but it's dead wrong.
    I've advised it too. It's just easier to tell someone that, then it is to tell them to try and match haste/mastery as well as they can. Can't put caps in for that or easily have reforge programmes get that result without manually tweaking. Since the differences in reforge results have been small anyway, I;ve been keeping a 4717 + mastery reforge too, it just makes for easy reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I've advised it too. It's just easier to tell someone that, then it is to tell them to try and match haste/mastery as well as they can. Can't put caps in for that or easily have reforge programmes get that result without manually tweaking. Since the differences in reforge results have been small anyway, I;ve been keeping a 4717 + mastery reforge too, it just makes for easy reforging.
    It's really easy to do with ReforgeLite.

Step 1: Add up Haste/Mastery amt
    Step 2: Divide that value by 2
    Step 3: Add a haste cap of that value or a little less with the value of haste before that point being above mastery, and below it after (but still above crit)
    Step 4: Reforge away as normal, doing small adjustments on the number for the haste cap to get them even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's really easy to do with ReforgeLite.

Step 1: Add up Haste/Mastery amt
    Step 2: Divide that value by 2
    Step 3: Add a haste cap of that value or a little less with the value of haste before that point being above mastery, and below it after (but still above crit)
    Step 4: Reforge away as normal, doing small adjustments on the number for the haste cap to get them even.
    This works if someone knows the process and knows the addons. From what I've seen on the forums and in PM's people asking about what to do with their reforging generally don't have that knowledge and are in the false belief that it's hard. And some do indeed just not understand. Both groups don't want to hear how they can learn what to do, cause they'd still be afraid they made mistakes and were unoptimaly reforged/gemmed. They are insecure about what to do and want simple straight answers they can follow and be sure about.

I find that getting people to ease into the process by giving them clear guidelines they can follow means they actually take the time to do just that, and start inadvertently learning about how it all works. So for every lazy bum that I answer that just does as instructed and doesn't care much beyond, there is also someone that will take the encouragement and learn and start doing things on their own through gained confidence. I would know, cause that's exactly how I started too. For us veterans it can be hard to appreciate how hard some of this stuff looks like when you first get into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is currently due to really shit weapon I've got atm I'm unable to get to 6637 breakpoint.
    Perhaps IF i'll get that stinkin sword or staff with 500+ socket things will become different.

Also don't forget that simcraft is doing some strange stuff lately, today I simed my char (4717 haste, 13% hit, i'm low stuff...) and he told me :

Haste (1.60) > Hit (1.55) > Mastery (1.40)

Daf*beep*k ?
    Last edited by Shauni; 2012-12-14 at 09:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Also don't forget that simcraft is doing some strange stuff lately, today I simed my char (4717 haste, 13% hit, i'm low stuff...) and he told me :

Haste (1.60) > Hit (1.55) > Mastery (1.40)

Daf*beep*k ?
    There are 45 pages of 3d to read to understand it. Hard way: read them. Simple way: reforge hit to 15% and keep haste/mastery with a difference of 500

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    There are 45 pages of 3d to read to understand it. Hard way: read them. Simple way: reforge hit to 15% and keep haste/mastery with a difference of 500
    I don't know how to answer to that. Did you just said that the 45 pages recommands to hit cap ?
    If so, I beg to differ

Back on topic : I just noticed that I loged out with Grimoire of Supremacy after a WoE try. Stupid me, after going back to Sacrifice again my stat weight are back to normal (Mastery > Haste >>> 12% Hit > 13% hit). Forgive the noob
    Last edited by Shauni; 2012-12-14 at 10:27 AM.