10+ Year Old Account
    I use this:

Code:
    #showtooltip: Soul Swap
    /castsequence reset=5/target Soulburn, Soul Swap
    Let's you click the button twice for the desired effect. If target is out of range you can simply keep spamming the button till your dots go up. The sequence will reset to the first step after 5 seconds OR if you switch target. So you can put up SB:SS on mulitple targets, really, really fast. Upside is also that you won't need a seperate button for Soulburn, most likely. Downside is that if you target switch after pressing Soulburn you use a second shard.

Hope this helps.

I use this:
    #Showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap
    /cast [btn:2] Soul Swap

This let's you right click the macro if you're out of range and get stuck with a soul burn and need to just cast soul swap. It also allows you to use Soul Swap normally without soulburn if you're glyphed, or if you're unglyphed will allow you to remove your dots from the target.

simcraft is using crit items in nearly every one of there pre-raid pieces. why is that

Quote Originally Posted by IGotStanima View Post
    simcraft is using crit items in nearly every one of there pre-raid pieces. why is that
    Generally there aren't many pieces pre-raid wise that will offer our exact gear desires. Though all of it is crit gear, all is reforged to hit/haste. This leads me to believe there just simply isn't much to choose from as far as blue-quality items goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, So here's my dilemma.

Headmaster's Will Is linked in this thread, and a couple other places that I check as being the best pre-raid staff. It is great for sure. The thing is I have access to Inscribed Serpent Staff as well. Better secondary stats plus the advantage of being BoA for my caster alts(Druid, Mage, Priest, Monk eventually). But it will take me 20 Scroll of Wisdom(the inscription daily, there is not a SoH harmony version that has no CD) to make it.

The only reason I am hesitant is because of the darkmoon deck Relic of Yu'lon. The cards take the same Scroll of Wisdom that the staff does. And if I am going for the deck I want to start making cards now so I can get good trades.

My other option is Umbrella of Chi-Ji which I picked up from archy yesterday, Combined with a Heroic Main hand it is less stats then either of the staves, but is probably easier to obtain.

SO, multi part question.

1) Is the Darkmoon trinket going to be as good as the Cata version?
    2) Do the stats on the Scribe staff make it it an upgrade to the Headmaster's Will?
    3) Would it be worth Sacrificing Stats and going with the MH/OF so I could focus on gearing other slots?

1) Looking at Mr. Robot, this trinket is in the BiS list, even for the Heroic Tier.
    2) I think so. Matery is a better stat than critical, don´t? I jun´t don´t think this will be a "visible" upgrade.
    3) You will be sacrificing stats for the trinket right? i think it´s worth cause the trinket will be used until the next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to go for the Inscription staff too at first, but SimC and just about everyone have the DMC trinket as 1 of 2 BiS trinkets. I'd say go for that with everything you have.

Deleted
    (1)
    simcrafting my heroic ready char gave me following scale factors:
    Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    3.05 2.60 0.99 0.65 1.07 1.02
    mr robot shows:
    Haste > Mastery > Hit > Crit

hit is worse then haste and mastery? I AM AT 4.4% HIT?!

(2)
    MG is a pure filler, right? if a dot is running out im supposed to refresh it shortly before it runs out, even if i am channeling MG atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    (2)
    MG is a pure filler, right? if a dot is running out im supposed to refresh it shortly before it runs out, even if i am channeling MG atm?
    With the PAndemic passive we get at 90 you can very easily refresh dots whenever you want and get decent time on it so you can MG to your hearts content. But yes, when a dot runs out refresh it, cause MG makes any dots applied tick extra, so *not* having a dot up is a very large DPS loss.

I'll look into the gear thing, not used MrRobot since Expansion dropped. You should definitely not be running with 4.4% hit. I suspect you simmed your char while hitcapped, and then reforged after with the scale factors you got. In that case you misinterpreted the SimC results. Hit had such a low scale factor cause you were capped, NOT because it was such a bad stat.

EDIT: Just looking at MrRobot for my char, though outdated gear, and it seems it's a bit screwy at the moment. It's got me reforging out of hit too, down to 6,5%.

Thing is I don't know if that's cause we are obviously not in raid gear and it's reforging us with Dungeon bosses in mind or if it's just decided that even though we are way below hit cap we *still* get higher DPS by sheer power.

AHA, think this is true, read the tooltip when you try to change the Default PvE setting it says:

You will LOSE DPS if you sacrifice Haste or Mastery to get Spell Hit. Haste Thresholds (amounts of haste where your DoTs gain extra ticks) do not significantly affect DPS or total damage.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-09-28 at 12:12 AM.

Deleted
    i read the tooltip at mrrobot and had simcraft set to sim vs raidboss. i just could not believe it (and i still dont). every guide on the internet says differently. its really confusing.

So, thoughts on Mithril Wristwatch versus the two dungeon trinkets?

I personally can't decide between the wristwatch(it's 5,424 for me) and the alchemist stone :|
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-09-28 at 09:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    So, thoughts on Mithril Wristwatch versus the two dungeon trinkets?

I personally can't decide between the wristwatch(it's 5,424 for me) and the alchemist stone :|
    All depends on the internal cooldown of the trinkets. I mean Brewfest is higher ilevel, but when compared Mastery > Crit for us and an INT proc is better than a SP one, without an internal cooldown we won't know enough to look at the difference.

As I said in the Destro thread though, Brewfest trink was mediocre in Cata. 4.3 trinket analysis for Affliction and I doubt upping the ilevel made much difference. Someone should try and get them modeled for SimC so we can really compare, but that's a pretty big task to have to do when everyone is so busy in game at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyahn View Post
    I use this:
    #Showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap
    /cast [btn:2] Soul Swap

This let's you right click the macro if you're out of range and get stuck with a soul burn and need to just cast soul swap. It also allows you to use Soul Swap normally without soulburn if you're glyphed, or if you're unglyphed will allow you to remove your dots from the target.
    Just building on this but a slight different direction, is there anyway to create a macro that ONLY exhales the dots, sometimes I press my SS button twice and inhale the dots so end up with a CD on SS, I'd rather have a mod button to inhale the dots for example.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acksaw View Post
    Just building on this but a slight different direction, is there anyway to create a macro that ONLY exhales the dots, sometimes I press my SS button twice and inhale the dots so end up with a CD on SS, I'd rather have a mod button to inhale the dots for example.

Thanks
    I fixed this by unglyphing soulswap. Much easier to manage without worrying about the CD. IF you inale your dots, just exhale them on another target and re SB:SW to the intial one. Or if you are only fighting one target right click the inhale buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    Generally there aren't many pieces pre-raid wise that will offer our exact gear desires. Though all of it is crit gear, all is reforged to hit/haste. This leads me to believe there just simply isn't much to choose from as far as blue-quality items goes.
    there are plenty of items, in fact nearly 100% of items besides trinkets are avail without crit. so you cant tell me that.

Ain't this trinket like the best for us http://www.wowhead.com/item=77530#comments since u can get 600 haste,600 mastery and 600 hit ?
    It can be used by everyone not just engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Ain't this trinket like the best for us http://www.wowhead.com/item=77530#comments since u can get 600 haste,600 mastery and 600 hit ?
    It can be used by everyone not just engineers.
    Going by the scale factors listed in the OP and comparing it to the 2 provided in the list:

Engineering Trinket (usable by all):

600*1.49 + 600*1.7 + 600*1.74 = 2958

Vision of the Predator:

847*3.53 + 3386*(30/105)*1.07 = 4025

Flashfrozen Resin Globule:

847*1.49 + 4232*(25/150)*3.53 = 3752

That puts the engineering trinket way behind both of the other trinkets listed. (And as I'd somewhat expect seeing as the ilevel on the trinket is only 450 compared to 463)

Deleted
    again, why does simcraft and mr robot tell me that haste>mastery>hit at 4% hit?

been trying to figure that out too here is some new simcraft numbers in mostly blue heroic gear

int 3.91
    sp 2.52
    mastery 1.31
    haste 1.28
    hit 1.20
    crit 0.83

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    again, why does simcraft and mr robot tell me that haste>mastery>hit at 4% hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by glendabeck View Post
    been trying to figure that out too here is some new simcraft numbers in mostly blue heroic gear

int 3.91
    sp 2.52
    mastery 1.31
    haste 1.28
    hit 1.20
    crit 0.83
    Hit as a stat is not the be all and end all of stats. Apparently in this case with Affliction you get MORE dps out of having the raw stats and going bruteforce power then it is to be hit capped and never miss your attacks. The thing is you will be delivered to the RNG gods with that strategy. With low hit you can have a fight where you don't miss a single attack and your dps will be sky high cause you didn't sacrifice any stats to get hit capped. Other fights with low hit cap you'll miss every 3rd attack and your dps will be completely in the tank.

On average, in a Simcrafted fight, with perfect reactions you'll do more DPS over the 10.000 fights with low hit cap then you would under the same circumstances with hitcap. If that will be true in reality, especially with very low hit numbers remains to be seen.

Personally I prefer to be hitcapped and have an average decent performance, instead of the rollercoaster of being up top and down in the dumps on alternating fights.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-09-29 at 07:45 PM.