Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    how much haste should i have as destro? im currently sitting at 11.16% (4,743 haste) i'v seen posts in here saying the soft cap is 2k ish, i just want to make sure.
    and after that, reforge to mastery?

  2. #202
    Hey Zumzum, I was wondering if you might be able to elaborate on how your guild handled adds on Heroic Gara'jal. We just started working on him tonight and we're looking for some ideas for tomorrow to push out more dps and meet enrage. I tried to send you a pm but I don't have enough posts yet.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And with regard to the damage increase, it's actually the only time you're removing the possibility of wasting DS. You could have DS up and get absolutely no crits if you're not using CB. For Afflic and Demo there is no rng involved with DS.
    It is for this reason that I think they should change the nature of DS to not increase our crit change by 30% for 20 seconds, but rather to increase it by something like 80-100% for 20 seconds. This is the only way to make it a DPS increase every time and still have it be crit based. Obviously this might mean having to tune down the damage of some spells (Chaos Bolt in particular...) but that is a trade off I would be more than willing to take if it allowed me to have a CD that I KNEW with 100% certainty would be a dps increase to use every time, no matter what the situation.

  4. #204
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasprodeth View Post
    Hey Zumzum, I was wondering if you might be able to elaborate on how your guild handled adds on Heroic Gara'jal. We just started working on him tonight and we're looking for some ideas for tomorrow to push out more dps and meet enrage. I tried to send you a pm but I don't have enough posts yet.
    We had two rotations of 4 dps + 1 healer going in the Spirit World alternately. 4 dps might be a bit overkill if you have a Destrolock though
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  5. #205
    I've been reading through this topic and it seems the question still gets tossed around (although I did try simcraft and I'm kinda stupid when it comes to stuff like that) but I use GoSup and have been going mast>crit>haste, yet some in here say GoSup is haste>crit>mast? I read that you all were saying haste benefits the pet's regen so does that mean I need to reforge with mastery being my lowest priority? >_>

  6. #206
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddo View Post
    I've been reading through this topic and it seems the question still gets tossed around (although I did try simcraft and I'm kinda stupid when it comes to stuff like that) but I use GoSup and have been going mast>crit>haste, yet some in here say GoSup is haste>crit>mast? I read that you all were saying haste benefits the pet's regen so does that mean I need to reforge with mastery being my lowest priority? >_>
    I'm still kinda unsure about the reforge prios, and how Sup and Sac truly compare, as for the last 2 days (didn't really check yesterday, then again, didn't have time either yesterday) the armory has been hella-slow with updating. And as the chardev tool is currently broken, all you have to work with is the BiS profiles, or a single gear setup you once used.

    Worst part is, apparantly not a single site actually gets the +60 hitrating setbonus on the belt I use (see armory) calculated in, not wowreforge, and not simcraft either. I'm kinda stuck with how I should actually accurately get sims going, with everything being broken like this :S

    If someone else DID get reliable results from sims, please do let me know, is Sac actually as high as it's being said it is? What is the actual Sac reforge prio and is there some kind of point where haste is better and worse? And the same last question for Sup...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  7. #207
    Would running Rain of Fire on 2 (immolated) be a dps increase? Like the Stone Guard.

  8. #208
    I believe Zinnin did some testing on putting RoF in a two-target situation and found it to be a 20k dps increase over not using it.

  9. #209
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,033
    that's a pretty sizable difference in dps. isn't it?

  10. #210
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    20k sounds unreal to me. I mean, really. Even if a tick would always generate an ember, you would have 100% uptime and not refresh too early... It's still a GCD every 6 or so seconds, and a shitton of mana.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  11. #211
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasprodeth View Post
    I believe Zinnin did some testing on putting RoF in a two-target situation and found it to be a 20k dps increase over not using it.
    That's not the only thing he changed : "reworking embers to be saved for Havoc \ Execute"
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  12. #212
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    That's not the only thing he changed : "reworking embers to be saved for Havoc \ Execute"
    Ah yeah, if you'd go into Spirit Kings HC and would follow the normal rotation of simcraft, you'd be miles behind someone who's doing the Triple Havoc'd Shadowburn Copy To High HP Target...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  13. #213
    Im seeing allot of guides favoring Mast > Crit > Haste. This will be after hitcap. Where this guide is one of the few staying with Haste as prio. I myself unfortunatly suck at simcrafts. Altho i'm looking for evidence actualy proving wich surpasses wich. or is there a "soft" cap for haste i should meet and then go for Mast/Crit ? Can anyone provide this information ?
    Last edited by Sirjeize; 2012-10-19 at 07:21 PM.

  14. #214
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjeize View Post
    Im seeing allot of guides favoring Mast > Crit > Haste. This will be after hitcap. Where this guide is one of the few staying with Haste as prio. I myself unfortunatly suck at simcrafts. Altho i'm looking for evidence actualy proving wich surpasses wich. Can anyone provide this information ?
    And which T5 talent does that one tell you to use?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  15. #215
    Supremecy, im not talking about a single guide. I've checked multiple and most seem to be favoring Mast>Crit over haste. Besides that i double checked the T5 talent and out of EJ simcrafts it also showed Supremecy.But its just slightly ahead of sac

  16. #216
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjeize View Post
    Supremecy, im not talking about a single guide. I've checked multiple and most seem to be favoring Mast>Crit over haste. Besides that i double checked the T5 talent and out of EJ simcrafts it also showed Supremecy.But its just slightly ahead of sac
    Odd. Ah well, this guy seems to just have posted it on his own site, plugged it here, and didn't come back to it again, kinda wondering why this one has been made the sticky in the first place, as some things in it are straight-up off or incomplete...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  17. #217
    wich still doesn't awnser my question. I'm simply looking for clarification based on facts. Wich every "guide" seems to have. I'm asking our warlock community for some simcraft results wich rule out any form of discussion on what our stat prio should be. Posting stuff like you are doing at the moment is far from helpfull.

    EDIT:

    I started testing myself on dummies with full reforge/gem/chant for haste and the same for mast. Mast came uptop by a 2k diff (for me) with GoSup
    Last edited by Sirjeize; 2012-10-20 at 03:05 AM.

  18. #218
    I ve the same problem like you. I ve seen different reforges, one on crit, one on mast, and both of them are very high in dps. If you ve checked logs on elegon there is a dest. lock with blue items, and around 130k dps, im just asking how?!?! None of the first 10 ranks has 15% of hit, but 14. The crits are twice so big than mine, like CB hits: mine crits are around 390k, his are nearly 800K, imolate dots: 25k, his 50-60k. Whats that? He has, if i remember well mastery.

  19. #219
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    Ehhm, with everyone getting different stuff from simcraft, and using different reforges, because of different gear, why don't you just simcraft your own char? Sim it, reforge a bit towards the results you get, and keep doing that until simcraft's stat weights get so close to eachother that you're apparantly on a balance, or until you can't reforge more towards the prio... It's really the only thing that will give you a reliable outcome for you personally...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Ehhm, with everyone getting different stuff from simcraft, and using different reforges, because of different gear, why don't you just simcraft your own char? Sim it, reforge a bit towards the results you get, and keep doing that until simcraft's stat weights get so close to eachother that you're apparantly on a balance, or until you can't reforge more towards the prio... It's really the only thing that will give you a reliable outcome for you personally...
    Thats alright, but what for should i reforge? Crit or mast? Who knows? I did both simcrafted also, and tried on dummy. Sim shows: 65k with crit, with mast 64k. Dmg done on dummy: with crit higher crits(what else), but dps was the same, 41k at the end.
    I did pop my hands ench, than ds, imo, 2* confl, 5 inci, and CB, than again imo, conf, inci 4 times, CB and so on.
    While popping everything i had more than 60k dps, thats ok, but cant keep it!
    Any suggestion?
    Thx!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •