Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Hi, a thanks there for a nice guide.
    Currently, our 2nd 10ppl found a warlock, and he prefers destro as main spec (I'm unable to play this spec, I tried, but eeeh, that's not my style )
    So, he asks, how should he reforge? (any haste caps or smth).
    If he uses Grimoire of Sacrifice: INT>hit till 15%>Mastery>crit>haste

No haste caps since you want to just put as much power as you can behind your usage of Chaosbolt and Shadowburn.

If he doesn't use Grimoire of Sacrifice he probably should or he can use Supremacy: INT>15% hit>Haste>crit>Mastery

No haste caps, cause you are relying on your haste to speed up your casts (both Incinerate and Chaosbolt) and mana regen, and there is no real limit to that in current gear.

I haven't had any problems with any of the 3 specs as far as picking them all up and playing. I still need more work on Affliction however it is getting extremely boring. Started with Demo at the beginning of the tier and thought about trying out Destro.

Currently my guild is 5/6H MSV, and 2/6H HoF, all left over bosses are all cleared on NM. We are working with Emps and going to be moving onto Garalon next.

Here are our logs
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/9206/

For emps would it be recommended doing the
    If he doesn't use Grimoire of Sacrifice he probably should or he can use Supremacy: INT>15% hit>Haste>crit>Mastery
    and just sticking the pet on one of the bosses? One of our biggest problem is making sure all Rages go down at the same time which causes soaking to get out of whack. Figured I'd mess around with Destro. I have played it on some bosses, and I like it.

For all the other bosses (most of them) would
    Grimoire of Sacrifice: INT>hit till 15%>Mastery>crit>haste
    be the best choice? Not able to runs sims atm the moment cuz I'm at work. Is this referencing mastery clearly ahead of Crit or is crit close enough to get it to a certain % like 15%?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    I haven't had any problems with any of the 3 specs as far as picking them all up and playing. I still need more work on Affliction however it is getting extremely boring. Started with Demo at the beginning of the tier and thought about trying out Destro.

Currently my guild is 5/6H MSV, and 2/6H HoF, all left over bosses are all cleared on NM. We are working with Emps and going to be moving onto Garalon next.

Here are our logs
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/9206/

For emps would it be recommended doing the

and just sticking the pet on one of the bosses? One of our biggest problem is making sure all Rages go down at the same time which causes soaking to get out of whack. Figured I'd mess around with Destro. I have played it on some bosses, and I like it.

For all the other bosses (most of them) would

be the best choice? Not able to runs sims atm the moment cuz I'm at work. Is this referencing mastery clearly ahead of Crit or is crit close enough to get it to a certain % like 15%?
    Play Affliction for Heroic Will.

Dots on everything the whole time. Faceroll, win DPS.
    Last edited by Woz; 2012-12-17 at 11:18 PM. Reason: clarity

Deleted

I would really like to do this fight again now that the Ring of Frost abuse is fixed. I did 138k on normal mode (with errors like no pot...) a long time ago in something like 470 ilvl, I'm pretty sure Destro can be awesome on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I would really like to do this fight again now that the Ring of Frost abuse is fixed. I did 138k on normal mode (with errors like no pot...) a long time ago in something like 470 ilvl, I'm pretty sure Destro can be awesome on this fight.
    It definitely could be - not disputing it or saying not to try doing Destro but sustained damage (and the ability to have dots on both emperors + strs at all times) is likely going to be better for doing progression as its more sustainable damage across the board. Just my thoughts on it though.

Still trying to figure this out:

Execute phase. Skull banner down, Bloodlust up, no opportunities to cleave with havoc...Do I go for the Chaosbolt or Shadowburn? If Shadowburn crits great, but if it doesn't I'm wishing I Chaosbolted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Still trying to figure this out:

Execute phase. Skull banner down, Bloodlust up, no opportunities to cleave with havoc...Do I go for the Chaosbolt or Shadowburn? If Shadowburn crits great, but if it doesn't I'm wishing I Chaosbolted.
    Shadowburn during execute should be the only thing you're using your Embers on.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The DPET for SB is far, far too high to ever consider using CB during execute.

My guild is doing heroic Windlord this week. I'm stoked to play Destro on this fight. 30 seconds of 600% increased damage? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I looked at your armory and it looks like you're gemming and reforging for mastery. Is that for destruction or affliction? I was under the impression that mastery is the worst stat for destro.

Deleted
    This is for Destruction and Mastery is the best stat (with GoSac at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post

Ya I'll stick to Affliction then, and are you Not from Demise? If so, I've been checking your logs out. Pretty good mate.

Nice X-mog too lol.

Just got done with a night of (almost) clearing all our farm heroic content which I decided to do purely as destruction. I also recorded all of it (except for stone guard, vizier, and spirit kings). I'll post here again with links to all the kill vids in case anyone wants to see what I do or how destruction fares on the bosses.

I actually beat my all time record on will of the emps as Destruction tonight (instead of affliction) so I may just stay destro for that fight from now on. :P I messed up quite a bit and capped from shadowburn returns a few times.

Checking your logs I'm not sure if I should treat the results coming from so few people playing Destro, the spec actually being good now or you just playing really well. In which case I'll definitely check out the vids since I haven't had time myself to try the spec since 5.1. We've had to rush our farm every week and I didn't want to slow us down just because I've been playing an inferior spec or just executing it poorly. I'll be looking forward to see how it went from your PoV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Just got done with a night of (almost) clearing all our farm heroic content which I decided to do purely as destruction. I also recorded all of it (except for stone guard, vizier, and spirit kings). I'll post here again with links to all the kill vids in case anyone wants to see what I do or how destruction fares on the bosses.

I actually beat my all time record on will of the emps as Destruction tonight (instead of affliction) so I may just stay destro for that fight from now on. :P I messed up quite a bit and capped from shadowburn returns a few times.
    Looking forward to seeing these, I'm a bit shaky on my destro playstyle atm

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

I've always had problems burning all the embers I can generate in that fight. You make a ton just from sniping adds if you time it right. I still haven't matched the damage I can do as Aff on the bosses as Destro, though. I'm trying to write up something that logs only damage done, not overkill damage as well, so I can get a more accurate snapshot of how the specs compare. It's all well and good having an extra 200k or more a global in overkill damage pad the meters, but it's clouding the issue a bit. Does anyone know if there's a way to filter it from recount or skada, or even WoL? I've looked, but haven't seen it (and I freely admit I could be blind), and all our logs at least account for overkill damage the same as full boss damage.

Deleted
    You can't directly filter it on WoL (http://forums.worldoflogs.com/viewto...hilit=overkill), but you could write an app that queries the log for all damage events from you and filter out the overkills.

Alrighty. Youtube might still be processing some of them as they just finished uploading, but here you go! I was attempting to record all of them but apparently for quite a few of our kills I recorded the wipes and forgot to press record on the kills. >.>

Stone Guard

Feng the Accursed

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

Elegon (No Phase 3!)

Will of the Emperor

[B]Blade Lord Ta'yak/B]

Wind Lord Mel'jarak

Deleted
    Much appreciated Brusalk!

Nice! Thanks Brusalk!
    Last edited by Aruotnof; 2012-12-20 at 07:26 PM.