Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I currently mainspec demo and am considering destro as an offspec. How big of a difference in dps is going with GoSup instead of GoSac? Because with "GoSup: Haste>Mastery>Crit" I shouldn't have to do any reforging between the two specs and can quickly swap (Demo at my gear level is currently 4717 haste and then mastery; I'm currently sitting on about the same amount of mastery as I am haste)

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Question:
    What sockets are preferable for destro locks (Pure crit or hybrid etc.)?

P.S: I'm thinking about switching from afflic to destro as main, but the thing is i can't cope with the rotation T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Zurrak View Post
    I currently mainspec demo and am considering destro as an offspec. How big of a difference in dps is going with GoSup instead of GoSac? Because with "GoSup: Haste>Mastery>Crit" I shouldn't have to do any reforging between the two specs and can quickly swap (Demo at my gear level is currently 4717 haste and then mastery; I'm currently sitting on about the same amount of mastery as I am haste)

Thanks in advance

Less than one thousand dps, apparently
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    And 2nd, is it worthy to go destro in 10ppl during heroic progression?
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2012-12-21 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

Less than one thousand dps, apparently
    Does this not only stand for pure single target dps? The difference is only noticeable on cleave / aoe fights where sacrifice is clearly superior.

I'm sure it's bigger on cleave fights, yeah
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Has anyone figured out the exact haste we need to make our incinerates perfectly hit the GCD during bloodlust. Seems like this would be the best haste soft cap to aim for, unless there is another I have missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, Am I Talking to a wall here?
    Will it be better for me to go destro considering my current ilvl and items?
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2012-12-22 at 06:42 AM.

5.2 changes:

Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 20% (was 25%) for Destruction, and 45% (was 50%) for Affliction.

Just a quick question for Brusalk: How do you get 6 incinerates out at the Elegon fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question:
    What sockets are preferable for destro locks (Pure crit or hybrid etc.)?

P.S: I'm thinking about switching from afflic to destro as main, but the thing is i can't cope with the rotation T_T
    And 2nd, is it worthy to go destro in 10ppl during heroic progression?
    Hello, Am I Talking to a wall here?
    Will it be better for me to go destro considering my current ilvl and items?
    You should pick your sockets depending on your stat weights. If secondary stats are worth more than half of what intellect is worth, then gem pure secondary stats + hybrids depending on socket colour and bonus, otherwise gem pure intellect + hybrids depending on socket colour and bonus.

As for choice of spec, warlocks are at an excellent spot right now where all 3 specs are viable for most, if not all, encounters. Choose the spec you find the most enjoyable, even if that spec might not be the one you play best right now, with a week or two of practice in raid environments with that spec you should get pretty comfortable with any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ersterder View Post
    Just a quick question for Brusalk: How do you get 6 incinerates out at the Elegon fight?
    Fire and Brimstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Fire and Brimstone.
    yeah, apparently with mannoroth's furor, just tested that in lfr. thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ersterder View Post
    yeah, apparently with mannoroth's furor, just tested that in lfr. thanks a lot.
    I pre-cast RoF just as he starts his short cast, then pre-cast FnB-Immo so it lands just after they all spawn. Then I do 2 fnb-Incins followed by 1 fnb-conflag if it's up and the previous 2 incins were backdrafted.

Thanks Brusalk, that's a little more soffisticated. Watched the vid, but couldn't make sense of what you were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conflagrate is affected by haste or not?

Deleted
    Hello. I just whant ask is Detsro Locks have haste caps? I now stats prio is- Int-hit-mastery-crit-haste but how much i need haste?
    i have on my Lock-Hit-15.01%(4959) Mastery- 54.52%(6104) Haste- 5.32%(2263) Crit- 12.03%(2227) you can look at my gear on Armory- Locksterrs! And how you think is my stats is ok or i need change somethink ?

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can really do now is hope that Destruction gets a little love to the point where it's viable to play in 10-man raids. I'm not a huge fan of being pidgeon-holed into Affliction, and I'd rather get to play with my green fire come patch 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liseda View Post
    Hello. I just whant ask is Detsro Locks have haste caps? I now stats prio is- Int-hit-mastery-crit-haste but how much i need haste?
    i have on my Lock-Hit-15.01%(4959) Mastery- 54.52%(6104) Haste- 5.32%(2263) Crit- 12.03%(2227) you can look at my gear on Armory- Locksterrs! And how you think is my stats is ok or i need change somethink ?
    Erm.
    Possibly your crit lvl should be ahead of haste alot

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    All I can really do now is hope that Destruction gets a little love to the point where it's viable to play in 10-man raids. I'm not a huge fan of being pidgeon-holed into Affliction, and I'd rather get to play with my green fire come patch 5.2.

this

or better yet, i wish each spec would have its strengths on certain fights...

right now the only fight where destro seems better than afflic is heroic tsulong, and that really depends on your comp/strat and how fast the adds die... every other fight it's behind afflic (according to wol) although on some fights it is almost as high

i wish destro would pull much further ahead on cleave fights, while afflic still remains king on single target, demo on aoe...