Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    The rain of fire can help proc trinkets like LotC and ensure that your two Chaos Bolts are supercharged.
    This. RoF makes this trinket proc in 2 sec when it could take 20 sec before.

    As for Timeline it can be very pernickety (ok google gave me this one) with URLs, I should work on it (and the missing classes) but I am missing time ^^
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  2. #502
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    457
    Thx for update.
    Thing is that if it goes like that my RL will force me to reroll affliction... whereas I don't want to

  3. #503
    how were you guys able to modify eavesdrop to only show chaosbolt and shadowburn?

  4. #504
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    This is how I did it :

    In EavesDrop.lua, go to line 476 and 477 which should be "end" and "text = tostring(amount)".
    Now insert this between these two lines :
    if spellId==116858 then
    if amount<100000 then return end -- remove this line to print the Chaos Bolt Dot
    -- Chaos Bolt
    school = 8 -- print Chaos Bolts in green font (school = nature)
    amount = amount * 1.25 -- dirty fix to integrate the DoT damage, remove if you removed the other line
    elseif spellId==17877 then
    -- Shadowburn
    elseif spellId==17962 then
    -- Conflagrate
    return -- remove this line to show Conflagrates
    else
    -- others
    return
    end
    The two lines about the chaos bolt Dot are kinda dirty but this isn't a matter of life and death

    If you want to print 302k instead of 302475 :

    Replace
    if (critical) then text = critchar..text..critchar end
    by
    if (critical) then
    text = critchar.." "..round(text/1000,0).." k "..critchar
    else
    text = round(text/1000,0).." k"
    end
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  5. #505
    works perfect thanks
    edit:
    i lied, its still showing all the incoming healing and the healing of my grimoire of sac
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-01-15 at 03:50 AM.

  6. #506
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Well my mistake I thought that would suffice. You have to delete a whole portion of the code that is just after that.

    [Fixed]

    Find the lines :
    L1: "elseif etype == "BUFF" then" (should be around line 525ish I guess)
    and
    L2: "function EavesDrop:PLAYER_XP_UPDATE()" (should be around line 645ish)
    Above L2 you should see two lines with "end", delete everything from L1 (included) to above the two ends (excluded).
    Last edited by Zumzumzum; 2013-01-15 at 10:21 AM.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well my mistake I thought that would suffice. You have to delete a whole portion of the code that is just after that.

    Find the lines :
    L1: "elseif etype == "BUFF" then" (should be around line 525ish I guess)
    and
    L2: "function EavesDrop:PLAYER_XP_UPDATE()" (should be around line 645ish)
    Above L2 you should see two lines with "end", delete everything from L1 (included) to the first end (included) above L2.
    i first followed this and just had a white blank box where eavedrop was and getting lots of lua errors, one said something like i needed another 'end'. so i went back and added in the 'first' of the 2 ends before eavesdroplayer_xp_update.

    it is now working correctly ty

  8. #508
    Hello,

    I have a very basic question. I now have my 4 piece bonus, so I get the reduced cool down on Dark Soul. I have started to wonder whether I gain more damage overall by using it on cooldown, vs. waiting for trinkets to line up before using it. I've also started to wonder how much I gain by waiting to use Chaos Bolts until I have trinket procs, vs. sometimes having to cast a lot of normal (no backdraft) incinerates while I'm waiting for those procs.

    How do you guys approach this? What are your rules as far as when you allow yourself to Chaos Bolt vs. not?
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

  9. #509
    A well timed Rain of Fire helps a lot to proc your trinkets and enchants.

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    Hello,

    I have a very basic question. I now have my 4 piece bonus, so I get the reduced cool down on Dark Soul. I have started to wonder whether I gain more damage overall by using it on cooldown, vs. waiting for trinkets to line up before using it. I've also started to wonder how much I gain by waiting to use Chaos Bolts until I have trinket procs, vs. sometimes having to cast a lot of normal (no backdraft) incinerates while I'm waiting for those procs.

    How do you guys approach this? What are your rules as far as when you allow yourself to Chaos Bolt vs. not?
    I personally just watch my procs... if I just have everything proc I will usually use a few chaos bolts since the procs won't be back up for another ~40sec... correct me if I'm wrong but I would think it's better to use your embers and just delay DS for a bit (at least if you're an engineer) if you have all your procs up and DS won't be up for their duration

    Basically I use CBs if I get a really high int proc (such as 2 or 3 procs) usually allowing me to use my engi gloves since they're only a 1minute cd... then by the time they're back up DS should already be off CD allowing me to line everything up next time. It helps to watch your procs and see when they'll be back off icd so you know how many embers you can use-- cuz you def want to have 3-4 embers for when you have everything pop and DS is ready
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2013-01-15 at 06:01 PM.

  11. #511
    So with that strat you do wind up casting a lot of "normal" incinerates, right? (I mean incin with no backdraft.)

    I was just trying to decide if I cast too many while waiting for the right procs / DS for CB's.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

  12. #512
    Is destruction a good spec for heroic Lei Shi? Never played it before in raids. I don't feel comfortable as affliction there, lifetaping is kinda scary when under 10+ stacks. And there is a lot of lifetaping :/

  13. #513
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Is destruction a good spec for heroic Lei Shi? Never played it before in raids. I don't feel comfortable as affliction there, lifetaping is kinda scary when under 10+ stacks. And there is a lot of lifetaping :/
    Destruction can do well, but it's largely a single target fight and I think demo would probably do the best on it. Affliction has to life tap a lot less than demonology though.

  14. #514
    think it depends on your strat tbh

    even though it's a single target fight, i imagine a destro lock who times his cds properly for when the boss has high stacks can do the same as an affliction lock overall

  15. #515
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Destruction can do well, but it's largely a single target fight and I think demo would probably do the best on it. Affliction has to life tap a lot less than demonology though.
    Thanks for replies.
    Checked ingame, Destruction RoF is weaker than Affliction RoF. We are having problems with Hide phases, so Demo it is then.
    My mana was drained by Rain of Fire (full manabar per Hide phase) and on Fel Flames during Run Away (I'm stacking Fog and need to be on the boss, KjC is not enough without Burning Rush). For Demo it does not seem that bad, Hellfire is cheap and for Run Away there is demonform with ToC spam.

  16. #516
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stanford, CA
    Posts
    130
    If you're on stacking duty I'd definitely recommend to go demo for this one (KJC indeed screws you during get away phases as affliction).
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Thanks for replies.
    Checked ingame, Destruction RoF is weaker than Affliction RoF. We are having problems with Hide phases, so Demo it is then.
    My mana was drained by Rain of Fire (full manabar per Hide phase) and on Fel Flames during Run Away (I'm stacking Fog and need to be on the boss, KjC is not enough without Burning Rush). For Demo it does not seem that bad, Hellfire is cheap and for Run Away there is demonform with ToC spam.
    Hide breaks once a certain number of AoE hits are done on her. It's not damage based, so aff/destro for that is a moot point.

  18. #518
    I'm pulling pretty good damage on Garalon with destruction, but I really feel like it could be more impressive. What is the absolute optimal way to generate really impressive damage on this guy? Shadowburning legs with Havoc on the body tends not to synch up with procs and I'm not really impressed with it. But I don't feel like I am doing that much better with proc Chaos Bolts between body and legs. Do you think RoF is worthwhile if you tag it on the body with the expectation that he will move a leg into it?

  19. #519
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Even without MF you should be able to have the body and the two front legs in your RoF (or at least one). In my raid the casters aren't allowed to hit the legs (in theory... ) I haven't done much experimentation with CB/SB :/
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  20. #520
    I have a hard time getting three SB's off before it goes from 20% to dead. It probably depends on your groups strat/comp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •