Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The answer is simple: Simcaft is saying that Mastery is his best stat because it is. He's using Grimoire of Sacrifice, and by doing so it eliminates one source of damage that isn't affected by our Mastery (our pets) and redistributes it to other sources of damage that ARE affected by Mastery. Thus, by using it the value of Mastery increases to become our best stat.

imp with glyph of demon training out performs succubus and observer at lvl 85. However i haven't done a test to see if imp will out perform sac or vice versa. All in all great guide. Though i think some are reading the glyph wrong it halves the imp's cast time for an example my im regular cast time is 1.4 but with the glyph is .7

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothmeduso View Post
    imp with glyph of demon training out performs succubus and observer at lvl 85. However i haven't done a test to see if imp will out perform sac or vice versa. All in all great guide. Though i think some are reading the glyph wrong it halves the imp's cast time for an example my im regular cast time is 1.4 but with the glyph is .7
    No it does not. Imp with Glyph of Demon Training does not provide an increase as pets are energy capped, not gcd capped.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    No it does not. Imp with Glyph of Demon Training does not provide an increase as pets are energy capped, not gcd capped.
    Pets being energy capped is true but with the glyph it fires in a burst of 3 increasing dps. It's easy to test just try it with glyph on and with the glyph off. One can easily test the imp's dps in lfr ultrax and our overall dps with imp compared to observer and grim of sacrifice. In fact I am confident enough to say there is a 6k-8k dps increase in the imp's dps with the glyph of demon training. To anyone who is reading this try it out for yourself you can even see it on the target dummy just by spamming immolate with glyph and then without the glyph. The charts do not lie but lately sim has been bugging.
    Last edited by Smoothmeduso; 2012-09-09 at 06:35 AM.

Deleted
    Just tried it on beta @ 90 and the Imp does the same DPS with and without the glyph.

Pets being energy capped is true but with the glyph it fires in a burst of 3 increasing dps. It's easy to test just try it with glyph on and with the glyph off. One can easily test the imp's dps in lfr ultrax and our overall dps with imp compared to observer and grim of sacrifice. In fact I am confident enough to say there is a 6k-8k dps increase in the imp's dps with the glyph of demon training. To anyone who is reading this try it out for yourself you can even see it on the target dummy just by spamming immolate with glyph and then without the glyph. The charts do not lie but lately sim has been bugging.
    I think you're misinformed my friend The sim is running fine.

I am talking about at the current lvl which is 85, I understand locks will go through some changes later on when we reach 90.I will provide a video explaining what i said to be true feel free to criticize. Oh and Simulation craft is wrong so far from what it says my dps will be on a patchwerk type fight, I do 7k more dps than what logs say i should do.

I am talking about at the current lvl which is 85, I understand locks will go through some changes later on when we reach 90.I will provide a video explaining what i said to be true feel free to criticize. Oh and Simulation craft is wrong so far from what it says my dps will be on a patchwerk type fight, I do 7k more dps than what logs say i should do.
    Or just post a WoL link... since I'd actually believe that and not some random video you upload. If some how it's bugged on live and not on the beta then it's a bug and will be changed.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Then your Simcraft is not configured correctly :3

Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    Or just post a WoL link... since I'd actually believe that and not some random video you upload. If some how it's bugged on live and not on the beta then it's a bug and will be changed.
    I can do that for ya also the vid was just so you could see what I am experiencing atm logs will be up soon will do lfr ultrax or morchok. Thanks for not just slamming what I am seeing.

Deleted
    I just did a 2 min test with the Imp on target dummies :

Imp without glyph : 38 casts, min 10k4 (hits), max 20k9 (crits)
    Imp with glyph : 38 casts, min 10k4 (hits), max 20k9 (crits)

They seem perfectly equal.

Edit :
    Fel Imp without glyph : 36 casts, min 12k5 (hits), max 25k1 (crits)
    Fel Imp with glyph : 36 casts, min 12k5 (hits), max 25k1 (crits)

There might be a bug with a certain combination of talents/glyphs/?, one guy is reporting his imp doing twice the other pets' DPS on the french official forums.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-09-09 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I just did a 2 min test with the Imp on target dummies :

Imp without glyph : 38 casts, min 10k4 (hits), max 20k9 (crits)
    Imp with glyph : 38 casts, min 10k4 (hits), max 20k9 (crits)

They seem perfectly equal.

Edit :
    Fel Imp without glyph : 36 casts, min 12k5 (hits), max 25k1 (crits)
    Fel Imp with glyph : 36 casts, min 12k5 (hits), max 25k1 (crits)

There might be a bug with a certain combination of talents/glyphs/?, one guy is reporting his imp doing twice the other pets' DPS on the french official forums.
    did you have grim of supremacy? and did you recast imp when you took off the glyph and put it on? I believe with the glyph the imp does more DPS because it fires in a burst of 3 which means the felbolts are hitting 3 times within a second which causesDPS to be at it's maximum, compared to that of a constant 1.4 cast time. You say pets are energy capped that is correct but it doesn't change the fact that 3 felbolts are being sent flying at .7+travel time and the imp's dps does not increase or decrease because it has to gain energy to cast 3 more times which makes the dps steady and higher. I do not know if this is a bug or not but the initial attack of my imp hits 4 times instead of 3. Doing more testing as a type. When ever the imp's energy is over 160 it will shoot 4 at once instead of 3, which means either the tooltip for the glyph is wrong or the imp is bugged but that may not be the case considering 200/5=40 which means the imp could shoot for 5 times but the 2 remaining would have to be a .7 cast. Can anyone test their imp on the initial hit to see if the imp is casting 4 times instead of 3 thanks and im hoping it's just a tooltip error because 13k imp=win
    Last edited by Smoothmeduso; 2012-09-09 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    did you have grim of supremacy?
    For the Fel Imp tests yes.. obviously.

I believe with the glyph the imp does more DPS because it fires in a burst of 3 which means the felbolts are hitting 3 times within a second which causesDPS to be at it's maximum, compared to that of a constant 1.4 cast time. You say pets are energy capped that is correct but it doesn't change the fact that 3 felbolts are being sent flying at .7+travel time and the imp's dps does not increase or decrease because it has to gain energy to cast 3 more times which makes the dps steady and higher.
    What ?

What ?

Wouldn't you looking at a false recount-type DPS because you get out of combat because the pet takes more than 5 sec to cast ? Effective DPS = damage / time, how often you do damage doesn't change your DPS.

I do not know if this is a bug or not but the initial attack of my imp hits 4 times instead of 3. Doing more testing as a type. When ever the imp's energy is over 160 it will shoot 4 at once instead of 3, which means either the tooltip for the glyph is wrong or the imp is bugged but that may not be the case considering 200/5=40 which means the imp could shoot for 5 times but the 2 remaining would have to be a .7 cast. Can anyone test their imp on the initial hit to see if the imp is casting 4 times instead of 3 thanks and im hoping it's just a tooltip error because 13k imp=win
    I'm seeing the same thing, it looks like a bug. Anyway that doesn't change anything since he will wait longer to get his energy back...
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-09-09 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    For the Fel Imp tests yes.. obviously.

What ?

What ?

Wouldn't you talking about a false DPS because you get out of combat because the pet takes more than 5 sec to cast ? Effective DPS = damage / time, how often you do damage doesn't change your DPS.

I'm seeing the same thing, it looks like a bug. Anyway that doesn't change anything since he will wait longer to get his energy back...
    Accurate dps, because i am spamming immolate while i let him dps away. Energy regen is still faster than 5 secs for me! He casts 3 felbolts again within 3.3s-3.6s with included travel time. Without the glyph it takes him 3.3s-3.6s to hit the target with just 1 felbolt. With that being said you are getting 3 felbolts with glyph at a rate of 3.3s-3.6s. On the other hand you only get 1 felbolt per 3.3s-3.6s without the glyph. Which means the regen time and .7 cast is only 3.3s-3.6s, which roughly means you get 3 felbolts per 3.3s-3.6s with the glyph.

3.3-3.6x3>3.3-3.6x1

Pls correct me if you think i am wrong but do not disapprove my tested theory if you haven't calculated the point of impact and energy regen and to put it technically imp gets enough energy .7 seconds faster since he has to have energy to cast 3 felbolts at once which would be 2.6-2.9. This can easily be tested with a target dummy just watch the time it takes for your imp to hit the target after its initial felbolt cast with recount, you will find that they are both between 3.3-3.6 on the point of impact which means energy regen is not 5 seconds.

To also help those who are against this theory understand the burst of 3 felbolts do not hit at once they hit 1 after the other which makes the time between the last hit and the first hit of the next felbolt 3.3-3.6 been tested
    Last edited by Smoothmeduso; 2012-09-09 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    I let my Fel Imp dps the dummy for 20 min why afking (you don't even have to cast something afterall, we stay in combat anyway). It did around 5k2 DPS (I was as Demo this time) with & without the glyph.

Could you give your spec/talents & glyphs ?

And we are still waiting for your logs to prove the bug.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-09-09 at 08:43 PM.

I am destruction with dark regeneration, mortal coil,sacrificial pact, burning rush, and grim of supremacy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV7ZTwyWGEM is my test to show the difference with glyph and without the glyph. I want to do logs but how would i compare them when i can't fight the same boss in 1 week lfr doesn't record pets atm idk y i tried though he did 13k dps. Here is the 4 times vid alsohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fj0eV9Lla0

do a WoL from a target dummy with the glyph and with out for 10- 20 minutes each.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    do a WoL from a target dummy with the glyph and with out for 10- 20 minutes each.
    ah thanks will do

Deleted
    Just give your WoL logs, your recount is really weird your imp's DPS doesn't even drop when he isn't casting. I'm still going for badly computed DPS by Recount, try with Skada
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-09-09 at 09:48 PM.

dps won't drop unless the target is getting hit has always been the case when playing a class with none dots like an arcane mage before the patch dps doesn't go down unless the mage casts another spell i can prove that by just spamming incinerate and then stopping then using it again. the imp has no dot so the dps wouldn't go down. The 3.3-3.6 sec allows for constant dps